How do you keep pressure after knock down? Need ideas

Feeling a bit stumped these days. I was under the impression that I could always neutral jump after I did run/slide for an awesome safe jump set up, but then I ran into characters like Decapre and Cammy, and I realized it doesn’t work.

If I try it, it whiffs and I get grabbed… which is really annoying. This is one of many ways where I feel hesitant to add pressure after a knockdown. How do you guys pressure your opponent after a knockdown? I’d like your input!

Meaties, walking in and out of range on their wakeup. Plenty of ways to keep pressure innovate.

Watch matches, and this could have gone in the Q&A thread.

Don’t forget, every other character can answer to Guy’s neutral safe jump by delaying their wake up.

You just have to keep one thing in mind. When opponents wake up, they either do nothing, or something. Knocking an opponent down and staying close, that itself is pressure. From there you will have to put in guesswork, you can bait out their wakeup DP/crouch tech, meaty, throw, etc.

I suggest watching Dudley matches too.

Runslide (hereby RSL) into jumping HP or mk is a safe jump for most of the cast. Cammy wakes up 1 frame later than typical so she isn’t hittable during the last frame of your HP attack, however you can cr.tech to cancel the throw as she rises.

If my knowledge on Decapre’s frame data is correct, she wakes up same time as Cammy, which means too late to be hit by the HP, though I’m not 100% sure on that.

Doesn’t nj mk work after a slide against Cammy? I noticed Guy misses nj hp after slide in mirror matches, but mk works. As for delayed wakeup, that should be taken care of by using the 9-frame cr hp (or was it quicker)? Two recovery frames from the (whiffed) safejump and 9 additional frames should deal with DWU IF DWU is 11 frames. But, um, it’s like 12 frames, right?

Edit: Oh, yes, that’s right: Different wakeup time for some characters. Seriously, stuff like that needs to be changed. Way too annoying.

For Cammy, instead of the neutral safe jump setup, you could use:

back throw -> whiff cr MK -> forward jump MK

and of course, whiff an additional light in the case of DWU.