How do you feel about Money Matches?

Do we WANT potential stabbings at majors? O.o

Fanatiq vs RayRay last year was pretty hype, especially with the drama surrounding it where it almost didn’t happen as well as the whole East Coast vs West Coast angle. You could feel Yipes heart break as soon as Fanatiq adjusted and started winning match after match.

Why would anyone bring a knife to a gun-fight???

FGC too poor to afford guns or knvies; we’re gonna stab each other with sporks we steal from food court malls.

I don’t recall there being any beef between Neo and Cl0ck when they did their MVC2 money match; I remember there being interviews afterwards and everyone generally being buddy buddy. Unless you wanna count old school vs. new school, etc.

I love money matches

Hahaha.

“You’d best not still be here when I get back from eating lunch!!”

Never been part of one, or even heard of one happening here. I guess it’s just not a thing here in Finland.

Sounds like you are talking about infinite vs dark prince at ECC

couldnt find it, is there any other times known where people have actually fought after a match?

Not sure. Does Preppy have it?

I miss the huge money matches that use to happen. I enjoy money matching, just because it forces me to play well. Normally I can’t find the drive to play as solidly as I can if there’s money on the line.

yeah its on his site, not his YT

I also just get less nervous in money matches than tournaments. There is still pressure of course, but it’s more in a good way. Most likely because you get more matches to feel out the opponent.

Don’t worry my nigga, I had zachd bookmarked since like 07

is this it ?

http://zachd.com/mvc2/matches/ECC/ECCXI/Top%2032/9l%20Infinite%20(2W%20SentCableMag)%20vs%20DPC%20(W%20SSCC)%20drama.wmv

thats the only mvc2 related “fight” I can think of thats documented (at least at a major/important tourney)

Nah, the one im thinking of was on DC

I’m gonna say it, that MM kind of sucked.

neo vs clock is one of the most exciting ft10s in recent mvc2;

everything after that is boring. ft15 is a horrible format for mvc2 anyway IMO