How can I counter Doom's hidden missiles?

Everytime my online opponents choose doom, I sht bricks because of the hidden missiles. its so fcking annoying.
they just spam them over and over, its pretty much impossible to dodge since they follow you and most characters are just not fast enough to run out of the range (not to mention they ALWAYS start pushing with their other character just to get you cornered) you cant jump over them, and hitting doom wont stop the ones that were already launched…I dont even think ammy’s solar flare can stop them (can it)
isnt there a way to beat them? seriously spammers already got me tired of playing the game

What are your characters?

Wesker, ryu, strider, morrigan, magneto, chris, iron man, x23 and ammy, those are the ones I know how to use, I mix them up in teams but my most common choice is wesker, magneto and strider

With Ryu if you see him start shooting missiles, just use Shinku Hadoken. Even if you get tagged by one or two missiles, it’ll scare the other guy into not calling missiles. Strider is really really quick, you can just dodge the missiles and they shouldn’t be much of a problem. Morrigan is also quick, and if you use Astral Vision you can pressure really well with rushdown or fireballs stopping him from even getting a chance. With Magneto EM Disruptor or running up and grabbing will work, same thing for Wesker (gunshot instead of Disruptor). Ammy’s Solar Flare will eat the missiles up (not reflect), and if you see him call missiles you can use Okami Shuffle. I’m not familiar enough with X23 or Chris to say something. Good luck!

you think I could use wall cling with strider to move from one side to the other? or M vajra?

sorry for asking when I could try, its just that I cant play yet :stuck_out_tongue:

If you use wall cling, you’ll probably get hit by the missiles as you pass by. If M vajra is the one that goes behind, you’ll get hit by the missiles. The vajra that hits in front is probably your best choice.

if you are a female, you cannot counter doom’s HIDDEN MISSILE

Snap him in and kill him. The solution to every annoying assist in Marvel.

interrupt it the moment u see it.

I generally take f1ip’s approach. I play Iron Man myself, and my gameplan is to spam grounded unibeam to constantly interrupt doom calls, then do repulsor + assist call when they I see that they’re trying to approach me. Lame, but I don’t feel bad doing it to people who pick this assist and just hold down the button for it so that they can act like idiots with their point character. Proton Cannon can also blow up the assist and deal half life damage to Doom, but you have to do it pre-emptively rather than on reaction due to how slow the super is (not as hard as it sounds since 90% of people who use the assist just keep mashing the button for it and call it ASAP constantly).

Another approach is to just rush the fuck down so that they don’t have any breathing room to safely call the assist. That’s the kind of approach I would take with a char like X-23.

Cap + Missiles = buttfuck.

Can kinda handle it with my Logan(slash) - Frank(cart) - Doom(beam) team

Really wish i could handle it with Doom(Beam) - Sent(drones)- Wesker(OTG)

HELP!!!

With doom, everytime i try to interrupt it, i get shield slashed from the air.

you can’t

no one defeats Doom

hit him out of the start-up, use hyper, use thc, pressure the opponent and get a happy birthday if they spam missiles, snap him in, wait for them to come, super jump up back, then pressure the opponent while he cannot immediately call the missiles again, stay mobile if you dont want to try and punish him, and wait for your opportunity, dash away from them, many many possibilities to avoid them.

try playing as doom to see what other people do vs you and take their tricks. for example, captain america player just do charging star hyper x factor do it again, doom is dead.

Go into training mode with your team, record the dummy calling hidden missiles and repeat it, then practice dodging/punishing it.
You CAN avoid the missiles with your characters.

And magnetic shockwave blows them all up and hits doom.