HOT new Jin reset options

Jin has reset options that weren’t apparent to me before.

To set this up he has to do a specific combo, (kind of how mags uses his rom set up as his reset set ups)

Jin has a very hard infiinite combo (i’ve only seen it done on colossus and captain commando)

which goes as follows (i’ve only seen it done in the corner):

*Launch , Lp , Lk, Mp heavy kick *(done so only one kick connects) you land and the opponent drops still in hit stun, and then you jump up lp, Heavy kick (one hit) land and launch repeat.

I haven’t been able to do it, not even on commando, but what i did find is that this is a great way to set up resets.

For example:

Launch (anywhere) you can jump straight up lp, lk, mp , Heavy Kick (one hit) land before your opponent and do :

Normal Jump throw (the recover a little before they hit the ground)

Wait until they land throw

Jump over cross up HP into combo or another reset attempt (Jumping Heavy punch hits a little behind him so it counts on the other side)

Jump over (make htem think it’s cross up HP) and Heavy Kick grab (mash for damage)

if you land early enough of close enough you can also dash to the other side and crouching lk, crouching heavy kick into saotome dynamite.

You can also use a different cross up, the first kick in his jumping heavy kick hits behind him as well, it also causes him to land faster. *

And with Heavy Kick

Since it crosses up and makes you land faster, you can make it whiff and go deceptively into a crouching lk , crouching heavy kick into dynamite.

These are all solo reset options, it gets alot more complicated with a assist and in the corner :wink:

Bread and butter corner reset :

*Reset set up ,

Land , Dash under , Lp Mp into reset or combo finisher ect.*

best part is he can still get flying screen so he’ll be able to pin them down.

This adds a new element to Jin’s game that has yet to be explored and is something very few characters can do like this.

Also mess with different Heavy kick cancels (from the flying screen in a regular air combo) to make you drop faster or slower (drill kick slow, fierce kick fast) , If you do the drill kick at a certain point it’ll hit them as they are getting up. And if you do cancel the Fierce into heavy kick you will drop fast enough to go for another cross up HP which could lead to another combo!

I hope you guys have fun with this, I sure am

• Jin

good shit HJ, but the jin-finite (copyright of Dr.Spr0cter ^ ^)works alot better if you do it this way: this works mid screen as well as full screen, this works on most average to large characters but does not work well (if at all) on the smaller ones. any way, practice the timing on sentinal, since he is the easiest one to pull this off on. after you launch him up do, lk, mp, mk, hk, land, SJ, lp, lk, mp, mk, hk, land, sj, lp, lk, mp, mk, hk, land, repeat, etc…

I’ve found this to be the best way of doing it although there are alot of variations. one really strange one is the double jin, this only works on sent that I know. launch, lk,mp,mk,hp, (this is where it gets tricky) after the feirce punch sends sentinal to the ground, jin should be falling right behind him, as he is falling throw out a lk, this should hit sentinal while he is on the ground also activating flight screen, so after jin landed his lk and hits the ground do another lk, and the do standing hk, if it hits it should send him past half screen, this is where you do a fierce, if you do it at the right time you should see jin dashing in with a fierce while the other jin is flying in with the standin hk, the standing hk jin will dissapear almost instantly though but its there, I might be able to get a screen shot, there are also variations on this (the one im working on involves both jins hitting the apponent, I havent gotten it to work yet but I think im close ^ ^;; )

higher jin, my friend told me you were at evo, I was there sunday to watch the finals but didnt find you. the fact that my friend said you were beasting made it all the more dissapointing that our jin teams could not match wits. oh well hopefully one day we can play a few grudge matches ^ ^.

peace

lol must’ve been another guy, hate to say it but i did’nt make it to evo this year.

good to know some people using jin, although i’ms tarting to pick up ken aswell.

this will probably help my game, and further the “Jinformation” circulating :stuck_out_tongue: yea that was :lame: (the joke not your info) but still the more info we get on lower tiers the better, we don’t have the luxury of half the nation playing them and finding things on accident so ig uess all the hardcore fans will have to make up for it.

thanks for posting doctor.

• Higher Jin

P.S: if you are ever in houston give me a call, just aim me first AIM: TyphoonYah , we can have a few grudge matches. When i’m in college i may go to evo on the acct of having a car but it’s a big maybe.

can anybody make a vid to show how the crossup reset stuff works cus im working with it right now and im doing a lil bit of reset with c.lk c.mp typhoon into the bloodia punch but are there anymore setups or rest combos after the reset please post thanks

I know it’s kinda dumb, but in the corner, I use Jin’s Jumping Down Roundhouse + assist (doom, bonne, blackheart, etc) to just chip like crazy. as you’re jumping, call out your assist and start the chip infinite. if somehow, they stop blocking, after the down roundhouse, i dash lp mp and start a combo.

=]

i’m a new player
by the way, how do u use the expanison assist???

sorry. typing misstake

i mean how to use that super which can change him into golden colour???

it’s not a super. when Jin is your last character, and he has a little bit of health left (i don’t remember the exact amount) he’ll turn gold (or a different color, depending on what color you chose)

He becomes a super amour, so he does more dmg, takes less, and takes two hits to stun. ;D

thanks a lot