High risk high reward ...Is it worth the risk with ol' shellhead?

You can actually do H smart bombs into PC.

Got back from hookup tonight…I’ve made a bit of progress but my hit confirms still suck. :frowning: Landing the KK combo in real matches is my next goal.

I agree man, learning the krispy combo is the most stable. I hate by design that ironman’s combos randomly dropped i’ve lost alot of games over this :(. Otherwise keep repping Ironman.

I can hit most of IM combos online that is not KK or the TAC combo I posted awhile back. But I messes up his movement a lot and get myself killed.

I think the only online friendly characters are Wesker, Wolverine, Hulk, Nemesis, Sentinel, and Phoenix

hmm, honestly? Is it just because of region I don’t know. But I don’t find difficulty EXECUTING the KK online… but more to do with CONFIRMING that you got the hit in the first place… the KK is safe… so you can pretty much auto pilot until s.h x fly… then if they got hit you j.m else you do your thing… I know myself that the majority of the time when I drop the KK it’s either due to character specific timings or me dropping the un-fly H.

What I really want to get good at is knowing WHEN to press buttons (j.H) and how to position myself BEFOREHAND to get the most damage from it. e.g. If i stand just out of j.H range against Doom/Wolverine… if they divekick… i can neutral jump and do j.h and they will dive into it…

easier said than done.

but it’s my goal. to be more mobile with Tony, but also being smarter.

After playing a few more matches online I have come to realize that I was throwing the hyper out at an unsafe distance. Tony’s lvl 3 will beat out a lot of other hypers but you have to be either close to them or at mid range. When I made the comment about Tony’s lvl 3 being buffed I was referring it to be full screen invincible like X-23 lvl 1 super which is full screen. Also IMO since its a lvl 3 hyper it should trumph everyone lvl 1 hyper that has the same start up invincibility no matter if you are the first one to perform the super or not. There is no way a lvl 3 should be trumped due to the fact that the player was the 1st person to perform the hyper. Lvl 1 hypers like the bionic lancer or frank’s shopping cart or Wesker’s Rhino Charge. To me that maybe wishful thinking but its common sense IMO.

What do you do if they block the s.H xx Fly? I actually never thought that far ahead.

personally ive just been unflying s for the block. tough im pretty sure that could be punished by an astute opponent… just unflying would probably be best as you can block instantly though i think you’d be minus as you hit the ground and being minus that close is an explicit no-no. i’ll stick to flying s till i see it get punished consistently.

-dime

I can also land the KK easily online… Maybe just my connection but you can play anyone online

He’s +4 after completing a s.H xx Fly, so he’s reasonably safe at that point. If you gain even the slightest amount of altitude, he can dash, or cancel an air normal into a dash. I’d recommend people try it :tup:

If you cancel the s.H into a cr.H and then Fly, he’ll be +9 or more even, but that’s assuming you already confirmed the block.

Wesker’s Rhino Charge is a counter hyper so you kinda just have to hold the L on that one if you get caught by that during naked level 3 attempt.

Part of what I like about Iron Man is that you just have to pressure with him real old school. No mashing on invincible hypers to get through stuff. You just have to have a good assist set up for him and control your space. He’s designed to cover a set of space in front of him like Sentinel while getting access to a better mix up game with assists than Sent. Like playing Sentinel without having to worry about losing to every mix up in the game free due to your size without mashing on supers. If you want to mash on supers I would suggest Sent but with Tony you gotta go in old school and just make good decisions and control your space on the screen.

Honestly the invincibility on his level 3 is nice but this is the same game where there are supers that have double and triple digit invincibility frame numbers (Arthur’s level 3 is invincible for what is basically 4 seconds, 12 times longer than Tony’s level 3). There’s definitely a number of characters in the game that only have invincibility on their level 3 hypers so you can use a naked Iron Avenger to bully them if they don’t have 3 meters. If you want to bully a Felicia or Arthur player sitting on a level 3…you’re probably not gonna do too hot.

The best part about his level 3 is mainly the easy free damage since you get a full self relaunch if your timing is good after the smart bombs. Most people now just settle with burning one more super on proton cannon but you can full re lift them just like Dante or Felicia and kill them off before spending another meter and build meter back in the process.

Alukard, if you’re going to Winter Brawl I can assure you that you won’t be the only one alone in that sentiment. I can try to show you some adequately decent Tony that I can’t otherwise do so on the forums.

THANKS EVERYONE!!! ^^ … i know how to do the KK combo … but I JUST LEARNED HOW to confirm from a spaced air H or cr.M so now i’m super hyped to keep playing the drunken metal man … also whiffing the S is really depressing >> … but seriously guys this helped motivate me a ton! thanks! … i actually want my team to be /iron man/_____/strider … but its still in the lab >_>

Depending of your assist you can occasionnaly do S + assist to cover you. I use wolvie’s berserker barrage and it works pretty well. (i think it works well with haggar’s lariat, frank west shopping cart… well you get the idea of the assists needed.)
For example, if i start a combo and i’m not 100% sure if the launcher will connect because i’m at max range, i hit S+assist. Usually if the s whiffs, the assist pins down the opponent, making the whole thing safe.
You can do that on block too, but i wouldn’t recommend too often because of advancing guard.
The good thing (for now) is that so many people don’t know IM that they don’t punish the missed S.

or you could confirm with flight or cr.H which leaves you at an advantage on block and leads into a full combo… Imjustsaying.

Your team should be wesker, skrull and iron man. Wesker and Skrull gets a lot of mileage from unibeam and they are both teleporting character usually you will want to use xfactor lv2 with either skrull or wesker to kill 2 and 3 character of the opponent team with the backing of an assist, this team order is stupidly good. Make noel brown salty

yea i tried that … the thing is that the people i play with really try to counter your team … so like lets say wesker gets hit … they will xfactor him and then go for a complete unblockable or difficult mix up on the second character and then i’m left with tony … and i mean i love him to death but i’m not going to come back with him … thats really the reason why i have it the other way around … i’m really working on my strider and its coming along well … strider and iron man is AMAZING … call for strider and SJ smart bombs and dash down… it slowly pushes them out to give u some nice control/space… i really wish ghost rider/Jill were better characters so i wouldn’t have to use wesker LOLOL YES EVEN WESKER PLAYERS HATE WESKER! HAHAHA

he has drones … rayray makes ryu look crazy aggro with drones lol … joker is the homie tho … (i’m salty i didn’t pick up sent =[ )

I think you should pick up Sentinel Alukard. The robot is great with Strider and IM.

Yeah rayray is pretty dope… But like vian siu said Sent makes not only IM n strider GDLK but also Wesker and Skrull (especially Skrull from what I’ve seen) if you decide to keep them.

Ik you dont wanna learn sent but IM is a total different character with the robot tbh.