Hi I'm a scrubby scrub. Halp

Hey fellas. I’ve been lurking SRK for a long time and finally decided to post. I just picked up USF4 a few days ago and have mostly been sticking to Ken cuz he seems simple to learn and I love some of his moves. The issue I’m having is that although I can consistently pull off combos in Training and Trials mode, once I go online that goes out the window and I mash out silly shit like jumping H kick followed by a sweep. I’ve played about 100 online fights so far and only won maybe 15 or 20 tops. I’ve been reading lots of noob resources and guides on here and elsewhere but I still feel like I’m developing bad habits. Also I’m having trouble landing Shoryukens on enemies who jump in. It seems I always do it too late. Lastly, I can’t find a good simple beginner combo that ends in Ken’s Ultra 1 or 2. Most of them involve FADC which is a bit out of my league right now. I’d appreciate any advice, and it’d be very very helpful if someone could hook me up with a basic way to land my Ultra. The ones on YouTube all seem to be advanced optimized combos not intended for beginners. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hit up the newbie Dojo section: http://forums.shoryuken.com/categories/newbie-saikyo-dojo
It’s more active than here and you’d probably find better luck getting help there than here.

Easy combo’s into ultra is FA crumple -> Ultra or jump in hk/hp -> Ultra.
Combo’s and Anti-Air srk takes practice until the muscle memory develops and they become 2nd nature. Keep at it in training mode, till you don’t even have to think about the motions anymore. It won’t be an overnight thing, so be patient and keep at it.

You can try playing the AI and practicing combos and AA’s there in a dynamic environment. Don’t take it seriously like a real match though, you’ll end up learning AI patterns that’ll give you bad habits. Just use it for execution training.

Thanks, that was very helpful.

An easy setup for U2 is EX Tatsu U2.

Does that actually work? Ex tat is +1 on hit I think, and U2 startup is 7 frames.

But maybe it’d catch them teching or doing a reversal?

It’d have to be Air EX Tatsu. Ground version won’t have enough hit stun either like you mentioned.

Yeah sorry. Air EX Tatsu works. My bad