Help with the Wolverine matchup

Title.

I think most of us already know that Dante loses to rushdown characters hard. Wolverine seems to be the worst, I almost always lose against a Wolverine when my Dante is forced out on point.

inb4"tag him out"

this match up is in the match up thread, but to answer the question, try to space him out and do a lot of dash into crystal, a great tool against rush down characters if you can get them away from you to use it. It also helps that is +8 on block iirc

…I see no matchup thread, which is why I made this in the first place lol

So the basic advice is to use Crystal a bit more? I haven’t actually used that much in the neutral.

maybe that one?

Use Devil Trigger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cG9IClZgGM

helmbreaker and hammer are really cure alls when it comes to most rushdown for Dante.

Spam your projectiles. Use air play, lighting when in devil trigger, and missiles. Wolverine is 100% offense. He doesn’t have any projectiles to counter them off.

No it’s not. I could swear Noel Brown was just scared of dashing under in that match. Wolverines keep punishing my Helm-Hammer tbh and for some reason they know EXACTLY when I want to input hammer and dash under just at that moment to mess up my input.

I asked this very issue awhile ago in the match up thread. With proper spacing Crystal/Drive/cr.L can help out if Wolvie is trying to rush in backed with an assist. Also ADB H + Air Play when you are trying to get some space is helpful here. I believe Dante should be comfortable in the corner with Helm Breaker if you OS the Hammer to prevent left and right mix ups. Poorly spaced dive kicks can be challenged by launching them or dashing under. Dont forget you also have Snap. It cost meter but its Dantes fastest move.

Again this is information I received from here and its helped me out alot.

Erp… I’ve never actually considered OS’ing the Hammer motion at all. Should I get used to doing QCF-HCB+L to execute hammer on left-right happy characters?