Help with a Doom / Frank combo

I’ve been working on a team composition of:

Doom - missles
Frank - cart
Ammy - cold star

Doom has the ability to turn any hit into an air finger laser which Frank can DHC under using Tools of Survival and have enough time to snap a pic on the hard knockdown, guaranteeing level 4 as demonstrated below on Haggar:

[media=youtube]iqw17mDbiAw[/media]

Too lazy didn’t watch? Haggar gets relaunched by Doom, air finger laser, DHC into Frank’s tools and I’m left with enough time with Haggar in hard knockdown for a snapshot.

Problem is, the combo is not consistent on all members of the cast, particularly small characters or ones that float slowly, as demonstrated below on Raccoon:

[media=youtube]GMTAQtgAziw[/media]

Too lazy didn’t watch? Raccoon flips out in the air before the hard knockdown.

Important note: you may have noticed that it’s actually the training dummy performing both of these combos. I recorded Doom completing one relaunch into air finger lasers and played it back on both Haggar and Raccoon, thus the timing for both videos above is exactly the same but different results are produced.

I want to figure out a technique that will produce a consistent combo on nearly 100% of the cast. This way if I want lvl 4 frank I know that I can burn 2 bars for consistent results.

I know that a TAC into frank would produce a level up but this is less consistent. Also Skrull, Dante or Nova can easily produce a DHC into level up, but I rikey Doom. Plus, if I DHC into Frank and he goes down, that leaves me with the tasty combo of Doom / Ammy, the synergy of which is evidenced by marlinpie.

Can anyone think of a different way to pull off air finger lasers that will A. always result in a hard knockdown and B. allow enough time for Frank to DHC in and snap a pic? Things I’ve tried include hitting with AFLs closer to the ground, DHCing to Ammy and hard tag to frank, ending with AFLs after one, two, three or four relaunches–hitstun decay does not appear to affect the stun of AFLs… All these end up with either Frank connecting with tools or without enough time to snapshot.

One thing I might have to try is AFLs, DHC into a powerup hyper (not Ammy’s slowdown-- too many recovery frames) and then hard tag to frank. I’ve also tried AFLs into Vergil’s spiral swords into rising sun, which produces a ground bounce into a very long hard knockdown, long enough to hard tag in Frank for a snapshot. BUT this only works if I don’t start Doom’s combo with an S footdive as the game counts this as a groundbounce. Also sometimes Frank connects with the hard tag attack, infinitely frustrating.

There’s a doom forum. I’m fairly certain that your problem is the fact that the raccoon is so small that a lot of the lasers aren’t hitting him properly. It’s just like the normal photon shot in which it’s unreliable to use in tac combos because it always hits different classes of size well… differently. Your combo is far from complete anyway. I would consider optimizing the combo before you worry about incoporating the snapshot. I would recommend just killing the raccoon because a lot of weird combo shenanigans just don’t work on the raccoon. Try playing around with different variations like light medium adf medium photon array. There’s probably something you can find.

[INDENT=1][FONT=Helvetica]One thing I might have to try is AFLs, DHC into a powerup hyper (not Ammy’s slowdown-- too many recovery frames) and then hard tag to frank. I’ve also tried AFLs into Vergil’s spiral swords into rising sun, which produces a ground bounce into a very long hard knockdown, long enough to hard tag in Frank for a snapshot. BUT this only works if I don’t start Doom’s combo with an S footdive as the game counts this as a groundbounce. Also sometimes Frank connects with the hard tag attack, infinitely frustrating.[/FONT][/INDENT]
[INDENT=1][FONT=Helvetica]Then don’t start the combo with footdive? Unless it’s a raw footdive, doom can always hit confirm off pretty much anything without s footdive. Again, there are character forums for that.[/FONT][/INDENT]

Yeah actually I have since tried S, sjM, ADF, sjM, AFL and it caused the other character to always end up in hard knockdown. Problem is if I hit AFL too low frank will connect with tools.

I think I should just use Nova on this team honestly.