Help understanding the prices please!

hey guys, so my roommate is getting an XOne on black Friday, and me as a good roommate and poor fighting game lover, am willing to help him get the right games for the system. and by that i mean i’m trying to convince him on buying KI so i can play for free lol

but the pricing of the game is really confusing. we want to have access to all characters basically.

from what I understand, the pricing goes:

CBs1 : 20 dollars for all characters in season 1
UEs1: 40 dollars for all characters in season 1 + extra stuff (costumes and KI classic)

CBs2: 20 dollars for all characters in season 2
UEs2: 40 dollars for all characters in season 2 + extra stuff (costumes and KI 2)

so, in order to get all characters (from both seasons) do we have to buy the 2 20 dollar packs? the extra stuff is not important right now (it will be once i get my own xbone) or do we get all season 1 characters if we buy season 2?

basically: what is the cheapest way to get all available characters (s1+s2+future s2) right now?

Yes it’s as simple as you get all the characters for 20 bucks per season. Nothing more than that, if you want access to all the costumes, accessories and KI 1 and 2 ports then you need Ultra Editions which are 40 each.

Otherwise its 40 bucks total for all of KI right now.

You did sorta miss a sale over the weekend (the Ultra Season 1 pack was slashed by half) but that’s done and gone so no use lamenting it.