Help opening people up?

Moons, keep going to Big Two so I have entertainment on Wednesday AND more chances to take notes on your Nova. kthx ;).

REAL TALK though, my incoming mixup is dead ass just Energy javelin and the bop lmao…either they guess wrong and I get a free ground bounce or they block and put themselves in block stun.

With your team, you could use Spencer assist on the incoming and either airdash above them, or 2B under them to make them guess. With Taskmaster point, and Nova still alive, you can do the Moons incoming: call Nova, and super jump H arrows over them.

Yup I know but I love those assists too much for combo extension and I dont have any reliable midcombo resets or anything. I basically just make the gamble with the energy javelin…like I said, it’s either they block or they get hit…either way I win the incoming game. lol

High Level Marvel consists of what I call, Double Layer incoming. You need to have two layers to your incoming mixup. One mixup isn’t cutting it. With my team for example, I like to super jump over you while calling weasel shot similar to how Sentinel’s do it with Tatsu. If you get hit, I get a full combo, if not I get an additional mixup. You should always force your opponent to guess twice.

If that’s the case, I’m fine…javelin forces a block or a groundbounce…allows for my high low mixup (yeap, those exist with Nova lmao) with Task arrows for lockdown if they block…if they guess wrong free pick up off the groundbounce. Either way, a lot of characters die.

Is Nova’s cr.M actually fast enough to catch people blocking high up-close?

You have to train your opponent to block high before you’re gonna hit them with c.M up close. Once you’ve got them expecting the instant overhead, you can make them flinch by just walking forward (under assist cover) then going low with c.M. Kinda hard to explain what it looks like but it catches people off guard more than you’d expect. It’s also good to mix-up with a throw.

There’s some other silly stuff you can do like faking an instant overhead, but dashing down with j.M instead of j.L, then go into c.M or throw as you hit the ground. You REALLY have to know your opponent isn’t gonna press buttons against this though, and if they’ve seen it before you gotta mix it up with air-dash down-back.