Help on connecting aircombo to super

Everytime I do doom’s aircombo then the super where he shoots down those pink lasers I can only get the top rows of lasers to hit and the other 4 rows of lasers completely misses. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to wait a little longer?

launch /\ LK-MP-MK, airdash upforward, super is probably the easiest… there’s some strange combos with HK that i don’t know how to do

on hk …

launch sj.lk -> sj.mp -> sj.hk -> aduf (airdash upforward)… ->Photon Super… looks cool…

c.hp ^ sj.lk sj.mk APA (NOT a cancel)

Try doing it so slow that the sj.mk doesn’t combo with the lk. Then you’ve got the timing right. Seriously, you wouldn’t believe how slow you can do lk mk… the slower you do it, the better the chances of hitting with all the beams.

You have at least 3/4 of a second between mk and APA.

So your suppose to begin the aircombo with lk and not lp? I usually do

c.hp superjump lp,lk,mp,mk super, then only the top rows connect.

c.hp superjump lp,lk,mp,mk, airdash u/f super

or

c.hp superjump lp,lk,mp,mk, hp xx super
If you use the second method, you need cancel the hp quickly so that the laser doesn’t come out.

c.hp ^ sj.lk sj.mk APA does the most damage and works every damn time for me.

Note: I have not tested the damage of the combos ending in hk adf APA, but I suspect that they are still inferior damage-wise.

Hrm alright thanks guys for the tips. I’ll try out these aircombo variations for sure next time I go to the arcade and hopefully I can get the majority of the lasers in super to hit instead of just the 1st freakin row which does shit damage.

What arcade do you play at?

The one on younge street close to Eatons. Hrm lol I see that your location is Toronto too.

I play there occasionally too these days. Maybe I’ve seen you before. Who do you usually use?

MSP, Santhrax, Matrix, Scrub, Scrubclops

I play at Funland too, I’ve probably seen you before.

moo?

I think I’m the only Spiral player there. Unfortunately, my Sentinal sucks so once she dies it’s pretty much over for me.

Anyway, to keep this topic on track so that the mods don’t get upset, Dr. Doom is cool. Air photons do lots of chip so even if you don’t get it to combo, the air dash u/f photons or hp xx photons will stilll give decent damage.

Yeah, I know you. I’m the Chinese guy who left today after you played me once.

Yea I agree Dr.Doom’s super is pretty ownage, but I only random it to catch people’s helpers or just to catch them off guard, if not it still drains. If I do actually hit someone with the super most likely its a random move form me.

Green I didn’t go to the arcade today, the most recent time I went there was this Monday. I’m not really that good at the game and most of the time I usually lose because I just started playing mvc2, after not playing it for 2 years. My total mvc2 experience is only like 1 year in total.

Anyways when are you gonna go to the aracde again? I might go again this friday and next wednesday. Maybe we can play each other.

Oh and do any of you happen to be that tall guy that plays MVC2 and uses those low tier characters, which he owns a lot of people with. Once I saw that tall guy using ryu, akuma, dan and he got like 30 wins. Crazy stuff.

I think I know who you’re talking about. He’s the really tall white guy right? I played him last week and got owned quite a few times by his Rogue teams. Kept falling for his throw assist setups. I think I’ve faced you before. Are you the guy with long hair who uses Strider/Doom a lot?

Yea thats exactly who I’m talking about. That guy is really good in MVC2.

Lol nah the long hair guy is someone else. Apparently there are two people who uses strider/doom now. But look for the guy who sucks more with cable/strider/doom. Thats me.

There are actually 3 guys who use Strider/Cable/Doom.

So yea… disgrunted Goa. Me and maybe Green are going to that arcade this friday. You in? Maybe I can finally get my doctor doom air photon to do some major damage.

Easiest…

launch>magic series>hp (doesn’t hit but positions him right, just press it, you won’t even see it)>photon array.

easiest, just as much or more damage than other ones and saves you an airdash or blocking (ones that involve hk. you can’t block while falling…)

also you’re better off letting them block it sometimes…delay it a bit longer.

reason…if positioned right, can do just as much damage almost especially on big character. and they get NO METER from it…you’re decision really, but good to keep in mind.