Help: Kaz wake ups and ways to get in

What are some of Kaz’s wake ups. I’m having a hard time against people who just hard knockdown me and cross me up all day. Maybe one that gets me away, just do a roll, or a good EX wake up.

Also maybe some ways to get in. I don’t see many good pokes he has that can lead to small knockdown combos so he can get inside and start mix-ups. Characters like Vega will eat me up with that extra range on the claws. He just seems good in general, but thats another forum.

the answer to both these questions is mist step, its hard but, you can do it

mist step all day, as for wakeup i just block/counter, i don’t think he has an SRK-type get out of jail free move, and if you’re having trouble with it you can equip the easy gem or whatever it’s called, it changes the F,N,D/F motion to the standard DP motion

Just an empty mist step? or do you follow up with the punch? How negative is the punch on block?

I think they meant you mist step to get away from the cross ups, since I believe mist step is invuln high, plus you get to step away from it

empty if you’re just ducking projectiles, if i’m close enough i go for the sweep or EWGF

EWGF being the HP follow up right? I’m not a tekken player >__>

yes the lightning uppercut

MP EWGF is faster and cancels off of any normal pretty much, same with Heihachi too

I thought the EWGF was specifically a special just-frame style followup to mist step and those ones were just WGFs

Yea, I just figured out that mist step has invul frames, like a lot. I don’t have a problem doing it, wave dashing in this game is super easy compared to Tekken 6.

careful though, it might get beat put by lows cuz i know mist step regularly has only a high invincibility but the properties may be different on wake up

ex slaughter hook is completely invs till one frame before its active… starts up in 11 invs till the 10th… i would only do this if u have the meter to switch cancel to make it safe…

so far, his :ex: :qcb:+:p: and :ex: :qcf:+:p: are the only “get out of my facE” type moves on wakeup through my experience so far, but if you whiff or get blocked, you’ll be punished hard ( :qcb:+:mp:/:hp: is safe as far as i know)

You cannot do Mist Step into EWGF. As Andy said those are just normal WGF.

What are fast and safe block strings that allow for more pressure?

the safest one i found was :qcb:+ :lp:/:hp: (the double electric fist looking move aka EX devastator)
on block it pushes them wayyyy back

You can do Mist Step into EWGF. Fatboy has confirmed it.

I’ve had very bad experiences with slaughter hook: :qcb::lp:. If they block it, you’ll eat a fat combo. The push back leaves them in jab range, and SH is definitely a +3 frame recovery. the MP and HP versions seem to have more pushback, b/c the final hit is horizontal instead of vertical.

of course you can mist step into EWGF, I did it last night smashing a julia player out of her super animation in the process…