Help defeating nova and hes weaknesses

One of the main guys I play against mains Nova/Spencer/x and for a long time Skrull was one of my main characters (usually with drones).

Your only real hope is to get him locked down in the corner by drones. If you do that he has to block and refrain from using his absurdly high priority normals and he can’t throw you either. You basically have to make sure you open him up with your standing low, frame trap hip by standing H and then attack, or command grab him. From there you basically have to be able to pull off a combo that TODs him–if you don’t you’re probably going to lose. To be honest I would consider burning x factor on him. The only other thing that you can do is to perfectly time orbital grudge m version to catch him while he’s box dash Hing (which is all of the time against most Nova’s) or when he’s going for a crouching m if you time it just right.

Agreed. I remember someone in the forums mentioned how Skrull is a tough matchup for Nova and I disagreed. Though I don’t think it’s 8-2, it’s definitely in Nova’s favor.

Yeah honestly the 8-2 was hyperbole but bottom line is it’s terrible for Skrull. The only thing of any significance that Skrull has over Nova in the match up is that Skrull hits hard and should be able to finish Nova off in one combo if he has a good DHC behind him. If not Skrull’s probably on anchor and X factor should give him the kill.

Bill, I play with Dragoomba all the time. He placed in the top 40 at EVO. He thinks it’s 6-4 at worst for Skrull. Never said it was in his favor, but Skrull has tools to deal with Nova.

That said every other Skrull I’ve played has been free as fuck. Maybe you guys should step it up?

Isn’t that the guy who uses Skrull with Haggar assist?

That completely changes the match up because it prevents Nova from winning purely through his priority–the main reason most of his good match ups are good. Nova’s not nearly as scary when you’re using a character that can compete with his priority/normals. I’ve noticed that a lot of Nova players get slaughtered when they face characters that can compete with him in that regard: Wolverine, Captain America, Vergil, and Hulk (via his armor) come to mind in particular.

If you’re talking Skrull without a get off me assist like Haggar I’m just not seeing how he has the “tools” (besides Damage and having decent health) to deal with Nova. Nova has very strong answers for everything that Skrull has to offer. To be honest, Skrull struggles against anyone with strong normals because his suck and he doesn’t have good defensive options.

Hey I just watched a match between Dragoomba and Darryn. He’s definitely a glass is half full type of guy if he sees it as a 6-4 matchup lol. Even with Haggar assist and his skill level I saw a lot of what I was mentioning before about how Skrull’s tools match up with Nova’s–it’s not pretty.