Help against flying sentinel

this is nothing special, but it’s the most efficient way to call an assist against sentinel after super jumping… because basically, if sentinel super jumps before or even at the same time as doom, sent. pwns doom… (it’s a known fact)

s.j., h.k., dash, assist… preferably something anti air…
you can go from h.k. to dash quickly enuff where you can’t even see the animations for doom’s dive kick… and you can call an assist as soon as the dash is completed…

WARNING: after doing this, you convert back to Normal Jump Mode… so don’t do anything stupid… squeeze some grapes, but don’t do the super… just keep sent. grounded for the time being…

you can comment on this… or you can drop some of your own tactics of how to ward off sentinel from dropping his air force one’s on your forehead! :lol:

You don’t have necessarily call an assist while Sent is in the air. There’s some other things you can do as well. Also, the air dash assist thing is very risky versus a flying Sent, because of the fact that 90% of the time he’ll be flying in the air, making an assist miss, and you open. This is more useful, if you combine an air chain with it, and then do that and call the assist, because then, you’ll still be in the air, and then you can drop down safely, as you either drop where they are when you block, or they will be sent up by the assist, while are going down, which then you can trap or something.

Depending on your assist though, you should call on them on the ground, and use ground photons to shoot down pesky Sents or wavedash and superjump when you are under Sent, or on the other side of Sent.

Also, if he superjumps backwards, and you’re on the other side of the screen, then superjump backwards after him and give him the fierce gun, which he will have to block or be sent back to the ground. Should he block and then pushblock, in an attempt to fly again, cancel that gun into fly xx unfly to get down quickly, so that you can knock him out of flymode again.

I think Doom has a lot of tools to fight Sent, it’s just knowing when to use them is the hard part. Again this is my opinions and thoughts, and I hope any of this helps you.

It’s funny, Sent is one of Doom’s harder matchups, but oddly enough, older style Doom works well enough, calling an assist when you have photons (that WILL hit sent if he’s flying) is kinda, meh, unless it’s a really good AAA (Commando, ect).

Just remember, SJ.Photons works, and Doom has some mobility in the air. Photons, if Sent is getting down and around, air dash forward then photons, and remember, Doom can fly to ;).

Also, never forget about his jumping HK, which DOES take you out of normal flight mode so you can call assist, as well as cancel into fly and back again.

sj./j. lp is your friend against sent’s mad priority

sj.lp, lk, mp, adu photon array is useful and connects

Hey what’s up just wanted to know what are good ways to become a better Doom player i love this guy but I’m not that good in Fact it’s sad to say but I think doom it’s the most weakest on my team because I the reason I use him is for assist type mostly but once I’m only with Doom left I suck What can I do to be a better doom player, I know the basic combos but what are good tricks when playing with him, To trick the other player and not get too predictable at my local arcade!.

like my post above, mess around with sj/j LP

also df+HK is very good.

I usually attempt a hit with one or the other, sometimes the occasional cr.lk, cr.mk, cr.HP

and go to Super combo…dhc if you can.

you can also do some zoning with j.hp, and sj photon arrays…

Seriously…Doom is a fat fuck and gets combo’d by practically anything. Go pick up on someone that can potentially net you more wins…like Magnus.

I’ll still play with Doom, but I have officially lost my faith in him as far as a viable tourney character is concerned…

I think he already has viable characters for his 1st and 2nd…so no need for that

My team consists of Omega Red and Doctor Doom the 3rd guy it’s optional depends who I face, for Example when facing sentinels or any people that flies get Captain Commando to get them down, when facing beginners or average players I get Silver Samurai, Blackhart or Thanos.
When Facing experts I get Sentinel as well.

Btw Thanks for the tips funny thing I did that today before seeing this and i got a bit better hehe.
Okay so another question, Today this happened I faced a sentinel guy and he got me cornered and couldn’t do anything I was blocking but the chipping damage was there what do you do in a situation like that??

keep trying different timing to get out (jumping at different times, pushblocking at different times, not pushblocking, etc.), it’s better than getting hit…it’s the best you can do : /

also try poking with air LP when trying to get out

You absolutely must learn to wavedash into Doom’s air combo. I like to super jump and do PA at the top, then PA again on the way down, then airdash up and do FP on the way down to keep them on the ground. I do that a couple times, then quickly wavedash and do [cr.lk, lk ^ sj.lk, sj.lp, sj.lk, pink super]

What happens is they are expecting you to continue the Photon Array trap, so they usually aren’t trying to block low. Doom’s wavedash is fast and gets across the screen in two dashes.