Help a Morrigan scrub out

Yet another scrubby post, this time concerning Morrigan! I know Morrigan isn’t exactly a beginner character, but she’s my favourite Capcom character so I’ll put the effort in.

1. If I used a team of Wesker, Dormammu and Morrigan, what would the best positions for each character?

2. Just any random tips/tricks for her would be appreciated. Pretty much all I can do with her at the moment is throw out an extremely weak BnB combo that I really need to replace.

Arigatou.

oh great more morrigan '-_-

Wow, that was incredibly helpful, I’ll use this!

A better place to ask this would be the Morrigan forum or the team thread.

Since I’m already here, Wesker/Dorm/Morrigan would probably be the best order, but in general I don’t really like that team.

Oh OK. Kinda new here so I don’t really know my way yet.

just watch chris g, do exactly what he does.

soul- soulfist! Soul-Soutfist

People are going to tell you that Dr. Doom with hidden missiles is her best partner, so I would try to start there…especially since Doom isnt too difficult to learn and he can fit with a lot of other characters.

Try Morrigan/Dr.Doom/Wesker.

You can end combos with Morrigan and after you knock them down you can call Wesker’s OTG assist and hit the opponent with the Soul Drain to gain some meter.

Doom, not hard to learn? REALLY? Lol I always had difficulty with him, he feels so awkward to me. But I’ll give him a try.

IMO, Doom is quite hard to learn unless you just want to scrub it out with Photon Shot and j.S spam.

Doom is NOT hard the only thing you will have issues with is his Movement.it seems sluggish but once you get his movement down you’re Set

The dash cancels in his combos really aren’t that hard, and if you can move with Morrigan, you can move with Doom.

I find his movement difficult to perform optimally and consistently, personally.

It’s not the combos. Those aren’t too bad unless you’re doing j.L, j.S stuff.

I’d like some info in on Morrigan too. I’m just starting out with her on a new team (Vergil/Morrigan/Doom) and I have no idea how she’s meant to be played.

She can really be played in any style. You can rush with her, you can zone with her, she’s a good all-around strong character. The most important thing to get used to is using Fly/Unfly to cancel her moves to make you safe. Once you’re good at her execution, you can keep pressure on opponents by abusing Soul Fist and Shadowblade cancelled into fly/unfly to get lots of chip and maintain pressure. You also gotta have good movement. Her air dashs have a lot of angles; each one is really useful. Use her airdashs to get close (and far away!) from opponents, while using Soul Fist to cover your approach/get away. All in all, the key to doing well with Morrigan is how good you are at Fly/Unfly cancelling while moving quickly around the screen.

Get your wrists/thumbs used to repeated quarter circles asap, you’ll use them whether you rush or keep away. Learn kara(plink) dashes in flight mode asap. Pretend Morrigan has no grounded back dash at all, don’t ever input :b: :b: while on the ground, it will get you killed. Her grounded forward dash also isn’t terribly useful. Use Shell Kick often, but don’t abuse it, it’s one of two attacks she cannot fly cancel at all, the other being her launcher. Practice hitting Shadow Blade L after hitting Shell Kick vs a grounded opponent and flight canceling it into follow ups. It’s fairly difficult to get the hang of buy exceptionally worth it.

I see. Thanks for the replies, very insightful.

Now I’m trying to figure out assists. I’ll be having Vergil on point so which do you guys think of her assists would be the most beneficial?