Headbutt > Super/Ultra (How to, maximize damage, etc.)

Optimizing Ultra damage after Headbutt

Ppkkk

kpkkk works everywhere.

just instinctively activate ultra at head height near wall. beating them and their floating corpse walls u from whiffing.

i use KKPKK buts thats my trademark :stuck_out_tongue:
i use kpkkk at wall too.

ur clearly doing it too early. they float at torso height when i juggle.

What’s the button input for headbutt to ultra? do u have to charge the ultra during the headbutt and do the full button input? or is there a shorter version?

no shortcuts. keyboard notation:

17P > 1646KKK

1-7 retains back charge.

I should’ve just looked that up, but it took me about 2 1/2 hours in training mode how to land his ultra 100% of the time on both sides of the screen. I was looking at the input log and shit to see what I was doing wrong and everything. It was the most rubix cube moment I’ve ever had trying to figure out how to do a combo. At first I was trying to simply hold back and as fast as I possibly could and release it late as late and fast as possible. My thumb was dying.

The very best thing to do is charge downback for 2 seconds, then move the joystick to upback and press punch for headbutt. Then slide it down to the back position hold for a second, then forward back forward + 3 punches very quickly. Then hold your 3 kicks to juggle.

KPKKK? Sweet.

Yeah, I do the way Ultra too early. I’ll condition myself to pause before ultra.

So, I guess that’s the end of the thread.

Summary:
-KPKKK
-Ultra at upper torso

cant connect headbut and ultra…360 version.

everytime i try to do the headbut and ultra, the ultra only hits 1 time. doesnt matter if i perform the ultra with kick or punch.

in the arcade i thought it hit a lot mroe than just once.

any suggestions?

hold the kick button or buttons

I have the same problem. We’ve tested it on 360 and PS3 and no matter the headbutt (ex, weak, strong, etc) it will only do one hit of the ultra.

Also, out of curiosity is anyone having trouble doing his BnB (cr. wp cr. wp xx cr. wk xx f.headbutt) on PS3? I’ve got it to come out a few times, but it is honestly really hard to get it off. On the 360 version I’m having no problem with the combo, but on the PS3 it’s wack!!! Any input much appreciated!!

edit: After some trying we figure it might be sticks.

like i said… hold the kick buttons… also try to do the ultra right when your opponent is head height… when you do it you’ll see their ass next to your head in the background during the ultra start up

Hold kick buttons seriously theres nothing wrong with your ps3

The most common way of getting as much damage as possible with ultra is to do upper, straight, upper, upper, finisher

You can also try

straight, upper, upper, upper, finisher

or

upper, upper, straight, upper, finisher

Played a lot of Street Fighter today.

For Ultra:
KPKKK is indeed king.
Ultra is pretty flexible, as far as opponent’s height goes.

For Super:
KKKK, do not use close to corner or final hit will miss. I couldn’t find a combination that works in corners, but you have to have your opponent pretty deep in a corner for KKKK to not work.

i do super at lower torso. i dont whiff@walls :slight_smile:

For super near the corner you can do KPKK to get a guaranteed 3 hits. KKKK still works in the corner as Ephemeral has said.

Also near the corner to get the most damage use PKKKK. I haven’t experimented on every one yet but it works and gives better damage than KPKKK.

I’m having trouble with this one too, but not for the same reason as the OP. I’m just having a tough time pulling off the Ultra motion after the headbutt. The input window seems so small and I always end up rushing and missing. On the occasions when I actually do pull it off, I hold a kick button and everything connects. Any tips/suggestions on how to pull off the combo more reliably?

Headbutt->Super

I could have sworn I got the last hit of his super in once after his headbutt but I haven’t been able to do it again.

Anyone know?

this could of gone in a couple of other threads, but whatever.

With the Super (not ultra) wait till they’re head level, then do all Uppers on the Super. you’ll get the first 3 to connect, the 4th will whiff and the last will connect. Against Guile you have to change it in some way.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=176609

practice more