Hayato/Psy relaunch trap

I swear there are only like 5 people who bother looking at most of the low tier character forums… but after playing 8 hours of mvc2 a day for the last several weeks (yea its a serious addiction) I gotta get some more shit out before I forget it… so here…

So here’s an interesting lil trap/reset. Can be very very tricky to get out of… start with launch (psy can certainly help you land the first one.)

Do sj.magic series ending in sj.fp… flying screen ensues and they are knocked to the ground. You will wind up in their grill (if you are a pace or two off… learn to slow down the input timing on your magic series.) As you land right in their grill you can do back, fwd, A1, PP… and you will call psy and do hayatos unblockable at the same time. Both will get out of their startup before the opp finishes their standing up animation. (trick is to begin the inputs early so that you are literally finishing up with PP right as the opp finishes standing up.)

If they try to block at this point which most people will… hayato will unblockable to re-launch…

If thy try to poke out a normal psy will connect… and hayato will re-launch…

The only real thing they can do is throw you first. I can’t remember why… but in this situation the defender will have throw priority… if they get wise to your trick and start going for throws… just combo their face off… also some people have fast throws… and they will finish their throw with enough time to still be hit by psy’s final lingering hitboxes (mags HK throw as example.)

Even if they land the throw… you will be ready as all hell and tech…

Some characters like sent don’t even have a normal that will beat out hayato’s unblockable in time…

Near as I can tell you can rep this infinitely… or at least til they figure out they gotta throw… (and once you got em trained for that… your mixup game goes up 3x)

Other neato thing is that 1 to 2 reps will put em in the corner where your next launch can end with plasma field… and you can black hayato for free as they come down…

NOTE: Spiral can mash teleport as she is standing up… and it will come out… since it has no hit boxes in it’s short startup… similar to gb situations with her. Other toons may be able to do similar things with a special move… but unless it’s one with invincible startup… they’d just be hit by psy.