Hayato Faq

Hayato Faq V0.7

The only thing I’d like to say here, is that, I’ve been using hayato for over a quarter of a decade now, and I’d like to share some of my knowledge and at the same time learn something new from you people here. I hope…

OH, AND HE AINT STRIDER DAMMIT!!! He’s Way Better. :smiley:

Rating System ****

**** WHORABLE, GO NUTZ!!
*** Solid, use frequently.
** Useful, but use with caution.

• Asscheeks, bend over and use this, if you want your ass raped!! :rolleyes:

—Normals----

*** S.LP - His best noraml poke, its pretty fast, it has good range, and priority.

** S.HP - Average speed, good range, good damage, just use in combos.

*** C.LP - Same as his S.LP but crouching.

** C.HP - Below average Launcher, it has very good range, but lags and can’t counter jump-ins well.

•             J.LP - Only good as aircombos starter, in any other situation USE LK INSTEAD!!

*** J.HP - Range is very good, at the tip of his jump you can still connect with it, land and follow up with HP Plasma Combo series. Its pretty good on Super Jump as a jump-in to.

*** S.LK - Good poke, sets up special strings when used with dash.

*** S.HK - Good range, but the first hit pushes so it’s hard to combo the second hit, but in the corner it’s great. It also has superior range on the first slash with dash.

*** C.LK - His fastest poke, can be used after ending a Plasma Combo with the kick, cuz of it’s speed they won’t be able to counter. (A Corner Friendly Tactic)

** C.HK - Good range for a sweep, can be followed up with shiden afterwards, I use it on armored characters alot. It has lag, so use with caution.

*** J.LK - Good jump-in, also If you catch them in the air you can follow up with J.LK, J.HK, to force them to block or just to get them off your ass! It also can be used as a Ghetto OverHead if you are quick enough.

**** J.HK - His Best Air Attack, its fast and has good range, and priority. (Reason I gave it Four Stars, is cuz in a Super Jump its whoreable to build meter)

The MPs & Ks aren’t important, cuz its obvious they are chained. Just note that the S.MP C.MP lag, so don’t end a string with them.

—Special Normals—

*** F.HP - Good counter attack, it hops over crouching pokes, and it’s comboable. If your opponent likes to dash in with low pokes use this, it can easily fuck up an offense, to bad its not Overhead though…

•             Dash+HP - Too risky, with too much lag when blocked. (This move would be better if hayato went behind them while they blocked, cuz if they are open for a hit, why would I use this, when all I get for it is the second hit from behind, which also can be blocked?? Kinda Fucktarded right? But, I know the developers were trying to give hayato, all these flashy and pretty little attacks, and this one is pretty, PRETTY FUCKIN USELESS!!! And I won't even touch the other screwy shit this attack does, please just say no to this one.) 

(—Edit— After playing around with it, I changed my mind about this, it can be useful with a good assist. It ranges across the whole screen basically, so you can pressure with this and cover yourself with a good assist Gambit & Sentinel. Because of the sliding after the dash, you can do it when they jump, to get behind them, and cross them up with a assist. But that still doesn’t mean, you won’t eat a THC)

** (In air) D.HK - Nice trick attack, to pull out of no where, it can be used to reach the ground on a SJ faster, also remember that you can call an assist after jumping in with this.

•             B.LP - Slow start up, with lag at the end. Nice!! Don't use this, I don't care how pretty it looks, he has FAR BETTER NORMALS THEN THIS!

**** B.HP - Same as S.LP, but it ignores armor and starts a Plasma Combo.(And yeah, Its whoreable)

(—Edit—I recently found out, that his launcher has two properties. His Down.Foward+HP has a little bit more lag, then just normal Down HP.)

—Plasma Combo—

-LP vs HP-

For all the people that start the Plasma combo with LP please don’t, only Plasma Combo you need is B.HP-LP-HP-LK, ending with LK is safe cuz it has no lag, if it is blocked, Oh, and it also hits low. When I connect with LK, I like to continue with Shiden (Note: Jab Shiden is safer but, strong Shiden does more damage) second hit cancel to Engetsu.

**** HP Series
With the HP series, the first HP comes out fast, cuz its the same as normal LP, it also has great range, which enables landing of combos after a Jump-in at max height. You can also land it after a F.HP, and its a good counter move as well. Another thing that makes the HP Series Superior, is that when he connects at the tip of his blade, he can still continue the combo unlike the LP series.

•            LP Series

It seems to me, that LP version was meant to be used as a delayed attack, kinda like a pressure tactic, instead of with long combos. It’s really slow, and it has alot of lag so if you miss you will be punished, only good thing that comes out of it is the OverHead finisher, but after the first time they see it, it becomes useless, well unless you have a sweeping assist (Wolverine V-Assist) it is. But, who knows maybe I’m wrong and there is some good delayed Plasma Combo tactics out there…

—Specials----

** Shiden (D,F+P)
It can OTG, a must use after a sweep, and no you don’t have to worry about roll, because they have to roll way before they hit the ground, while Hayato sweeps them off the ground when they are in the laying down animation. So, if they roll you should already be planning something else. For People with fear of letting the second slash connect, when canceling to Engetsu, cuz of the weird way they can roll out of it, this happens when you do the shiden at a certain distance, cuz it pushes them back, its weird but, if you know your combos well, you can avoid this from happening. (Note: Jab shiden has less chance of it happening)

** Guren (DP+P)
I used to only use this in an aircombo and cancel into Plasma Field, but i just found out you can do a normal combo, Guren, then cancel into Plasma Field, which will send them flying in the air, giving you alot of time to get a free Engetsu, or an aircombo, B.Hayato or whatever you want in the corner, you can also wave dash if you are around a full screen or so away from the corner, if need be. With a good assist who knows what you can do…(anybody else know any other good uses for this? Please share if you do.)

** Byakko Hou (B,F,LP+HP)
Only way I know to connect this in a combo like way is to, Dash+LK, Byakko Hou. They have to block the LK or it may whiff. Use this On Block Whores!!

—Supers—

•            Rasetsu Zan (D,F,LP+HP)

Very bad super, cuz its very risky, only use this in combos or to DHC, even if you connect, he still is vulnerable in the corner because of its insane lag, and the damn posing.

** Engetsu (D,F,LK+HK)
His best super, great finisher for any combo and offers alot of damage, It also ignores projectiles. Remember that the first hit is a melee hit so it will be canceled with other attacks, and never use this in a corner!!(-edit- It can also be used as an anti-lag on jump-ins, but equires timing)

** Plasma Field (D,B,LK+HK)
At fist, I thought this was useless, until I found out that it can be used to OTC. This is a must use in a corner combo, especially after Shiden!!! Oh and Free lvl 3’s are nice to.

** B.Hayato (LP,HP,B,LK,HK)
Easiest way to land it in a combo is to do LK then do the command, it will come out after the HP. So it will look like this LK,LP,HP when he doing the HP anamation Back, LK, HK real fast. You can also do it by canceling after the first hit of the Shiden. It’s a good lvl 3 although I rarely use it, cuz I do more damage with my other combos.

—Combos—

-Basic-
Hayatos best ground combo without a meter is Dash LK,LK,F+HP,B+HP-LP-HP-LK, Fierce Shiden
DM. 50

Hayatos Best air combo without a meter is LP,LK,LP,LK,HP,HK the way to connect the last HK is to aim above them, the first LP hitting their Neck, chest area.
DM. 50

-Hard-
My first and favorite combo when near corner J.HP,B+HP-LP-HP-LK, Shiden XX Plasma Field, OTG C.LK,C.HP

SJ.LP,LK,LP,HP,HK (Note: You can do Shiden 1st hit XX B.H. on the OTG but, I wouldn’t recommend doing this, unless you

know they won’t roll, which is not likely. DM. 118 )
DM. 72

In Corner J.HP,S.LP,S.LP,S.HK 2nd hit, Shiden XX Plasma Field, OTG C.LK,C.HP,SJ.LP,LK,LP,HP,HK
(Same as above DM. 125 with B.H.)
DM. 82

C.LK,C.LK,C.HK, OTG Fierce Shiden, XX Engetsu
DM. 85

C.LK,C.LK,C.HK, OTG Jab Shiden, Black Hayato
DM. 87

-Advanced-
J.HP,B.HP-LP-HP, Fierce Shiden, XX Engetsu, DHC Sentinel Force, F.HP, Rocket Punch, XX Sentinel Force, S.HP, Rocket Punch
DM. 143=(Death to cable, if they have a longer health bar, continue doing S.HP, RP, XX SF until they die.)

In Corner, J.HP,S.LP,S.LP,S.HK 2nd hit, Shiden XX Plasma Field, OTG Jab Shiden 1st hit XX Black Hayato, dash Fierce Shiden 1st hit XX Black Hayato? (You got to cancel the dash to shiden very quickly on this one. Good luck! And Remember that all the OTG shit can be rolled out of.)
DM. Death

—Tactics—

This is where I’ll put the techniques that are good to know but doesn’t belong with combos.

-Guard break-
J.LK, J.HP (Simple but it works, and there is no timing required)

—Assist----

Good Assist for Hayato that I can think of are Psylocke, Sentinel, Wolverine, and Doom.

**** Psylocke AA
Great choice to compliment hayato, she gives him an unblockable and when she is fighting, she’s got a semi-infinity OTC aircombo with hayato’s shiden assist (Its done with Launch, SJ, Magic Series, Jump, LK, LP, LK, Psyblade, cancel to Butterfly super, call hayato, land, launch, repeat… when you cancel from Psyblade to the Butterfly super make sure you are very close to them and very high almost out of the screen or the last Butterfly won’t hit them when they drop…and of course they can roll out of the OTC Shiden though.)

A Great mixup with Pyslocke is to do a Jumpin mix-up, if they like to continue to block low when you land call pyslocke then J.LK, Its just like its an OverHead. (Note: The angle of J.LK doesn’t hit some pixies though.)

The Unblockable is done by J.LK+Psylocke AA, HP. of course they have to be airborne, Hayato will land first, so you can follow up with anything you want, as they drop.

*** Wolverine (sweep)
He has an easy unblockable mixup on large character (jump+LK, LK, HP) I don’t use Wolvy but this assist is very promising.

**** Sentinel (Drones)
Just too good of a character and it compliments hayato well, it’s Sentinel Force assist is fast and allows alot of control over the fight, causing them to block, and stay in block stun when they block. It can get you an easy Guard Break if they jump to much, and it also clears a path to rush in.

**** Doom AA
Well doom is doom, his AA goes with any melee based character, cuz it forces your opponent to block, it does crazy chip damage, it basically just owns close range combat. In general any Good AA assist will help Hayato alot, cuz he lacks it that department, it also wouldn’t hurt to add a projectile/beam assist to, Doom is both of these…

If you want to just have a solid team, then go with Storm and Sentinel. They both DHC out of Hayatos combos easily and do alot of damage when you do. They can get him out of trouble, with a DHC without fear of retaliation. And they both have the ability to destroy a whole team alone.(Get drones and typhoon assist)

—For Newbies—

–Skip if your aren’t a newbie–

If you want to use hayato you got to be great at blocking cuz he has to move around, jump, dash, air jump, Push-block, etc… alot to confuse people. Keep in mind that, If you can make someone whiff you get an instant hit with his great range with Shiden. Also, note that Hayato has high priority on most of his attacks, because of his sword. You should be trying to hit with the tip of the blade, especially in the case of throwing out the Shiden. You shouldn’t be affaid to string attacks, as long as you aren’t trying to rush down like he was a strider, cuz that doesn’t work. He just doesn’t have the right tools for that, his jump-in mixup ability is limited, cuz he doesn’t have the speed, and he can’t throw out four or more swings per jump. Plus unfortunately, he doesn’t have a double jump or air dash, to make things any easier. But on the ground, his Plasma Combos are deadly when in the hands of a vet. As I stated before, try to focus on B.HP-LP-HP-LK, and vary your mix ups after this. (Example C.LK strings,or B.HP Repeat Plama combo, Shiden & or Engetsu etc…) Also keep in mind that he does a lot more damage on the ground, so try not to focus on long aircombos.

A good practice tip to get semi-good, is to put the damage level on low, timelimit Infinite, and difficultly on max have the other two characters die and try to come back. You will notice the comp play different when it has such a big lead. This of course can’t replace normal human to human training, but if you can’t play anyone good, and have to play the comp alot its pretty good. Although, it doesn’t beat fighting someone that cando tri-jumps, resets, infinites/unblockables with ease, atleast you kinda pressure yourself cause the comp will be cheap ass shit without any assist. Since, hayato can’t run and do any chip damage it will be a challenge. Trust me, by doing this you will notice alot of hayato’s weaknesses very quickly.

-edit added more combos and fixed some stuff.-

Thank you for posting! I’m gonna add my own bits, since I made an FAQ but never completed it. Yours is a good FAQ, and actually accurate, unlike many on GameFAQs (heh, GameFAQs).

Sorry if this is a little extensive, but I’m burning to get this out there.

Note: C.LP is only good to use if you want to hit an extremely short opponent (AKA: Servs). It is not a low hit… for getting a low hit combo-starter, his c.lk is godly. Good range & priority, especially after a dash in.

C.MP is lag-tastic! Do not use this if you can avoid it: S.MP or MK does the same amount of damage, has the same startup speed, and neither involves him grinning like an idiot while Cable hits him with the HVB. That’s right, the HVB. x_x

C.MK is good, generally combos after any of his other normals well, and has very little lag on the end of it.

C.HP has the range of his s.HP. Massive range, but if you don’t connect with the first few pixels of the move, it’s unreliable. If you can catch someone falling with the c.HP, you can probably hit them before they believe they are in range, and definitely force them to block until they land.

S.HK is only truly usable in combos… however, it is also truly abusable in combos. Some startup, but comes out fast, has good priority, and combos at any range off any light or medium normal. S.HK barely ever connects with the second hit, and half of the cast can avoid it by crouch-blocking… however, it guarantees combos when you are abusing Hayato’s poke distance (s.HP will sometimes whiff.) It does less damage than the s.HP, so if you are close to the opponent, use s.HP anyway. If you are far enough to question, use s.HK.

J.HP can be used to hit the opponent’s back… I’ve found jumping in with the j.HP actually counters Doom’s rocks better than the j.HK, because it has a greater range where it hits below him.

D+HK. You can cancel into the Guren at any time, but it will only combo in ACs. Additionally, you can only call assist on Normal Jump-height attacks, when j.HK probably works better. You might also be able to do a ghetto d+HK, Plasma Ball, Hailstorm, but it’d be fast as hell. It’s best used for mobility, when he’s taken off the screen. Additionally, on Magneto and Sentinel, they recover before he lands if he connects with it… so you had better either have an assist in the wings, or a super bar to burn.

LP Plasma series:

This is used in three locations: After a successfully connected jump-in, buffered after a blocked assist, or on a landing / recovering opponent. Timing is key: The b+LP has good priority after it comes out, but it takes forever. A lot of people get caught by this if you time it so they land or recover right as the move connects. Surprising range, use its edge. Takes getting used to.

It can be ended at the c.lk, or ended at the mini-launching stab (ridiculous blockstun), without penalty. If you follow this pattern: AAA, b+lp, lp, hp, hk, lp (blocked), AAA, you can follow it up with a jump-in overhead, or restart the plasma combo, or dash-in and c.lk. Many people will be caught by this… the computer will, nearly 100% of the time, be caught by the overhead. People will not. This is pushblockable, but not GC-able, in my experience.

Do not use the ender. You can end with Shiden, Guren, Engetsu, or an Air-Combo, and do more damage, at less risk.

The biggest advantage: Once you have the first hit, the timing is much more relaxed, and you can use it to buffer between fast assists.

HP Plasma: You’re mostly right. You can end up being barely out of range with the opening hit, but that rarely is a problem. The timing is much tighter on this, but it works well in combos, and can be cancelled into the Shiden or Guren nicely. I most often use HP Plasma, Shiden (1 hit), Rasetsu Zan, because it’s a lotta slashes. :stuck_out_tongue:

The range on the first hit of the HP Plasma is larger than on the S.LP. You can hit Servbot with the whole thing, so there is no risk of ever missing crouching opponents. Be Very careful of ending it with the Guren ender, because it only combos in the corner, and its better to do the actual command guren anyway.

Advantage: Faster, somewhat more reliable. Great for punishing assists, as a lot of people will try to dash-in to protect them, and get both of their characters caught in a super (possibly multi-super) combo. Disadvantage: Less follow-up options, somewhat less range at max, whiffing is harsh (whiffing is always harsh).

Shiden xx Engetsu: If you DHC after the first wave but before the second, it will connect fully in almost all circumstances after the Shiden’s second hit. Additionally, the Shiden (1 hit) xx Engetsu is almost universally safe, except in OTG situations.

Cable & Sentinel & Dr. Doom tend to roll more… Strider & Storm tend to be caught in the whole thing, for a ton of damage.

Engetsu: Cancels all projectiles, but not beams. If Sentinel calls an HSF to punish an assist, you can Engetsu On Reaction. If Strider calls Legion to escape, you can Engetsu OR. If Magneto tries to Tempest DHC in close, you can Engetsu OR. But be careful. Always be sure you’ll connect.

Cable cannot stand up to an Engetsu that’s already out, but he’ll still hit you until it hits him, and the damage will probably trade.

Engetsu also always travels the way Hayato is facing. Good if he is magically crossed up (it reverses… WTF?)… bad if he is hit by a Hyper-Grav that happened to sneak between waves (it reverses… NO! IT would have hit! :frowning: ).

Plasma Field combo: You can also OTG with the HK. I think the window on timing it so they cannot roll is more forgiving, so you could B.Hayato more easily.

recommends against using C.HK in combos… it tends to get rolled if it isn’t a poke. Most people do not roll the poke if it connects with an assist as well.

::Adds to list::

Sonson: Sonson AAA is Godly… great horizontal & vertical range, near instant startup. No invincibility though. Long-lasting, quick recovery, good for use in pins. If you use her with the LP Plasma combo, unless the other person pushblocks ridiculously, or you call her out outside of her range, she gives you a free chance to keep the pressure going. Covers all lag locations, and can knock a lot of opponents to the ground, where Hayato wants them.

If you’re extremely talented, you can use her to start Air Combos (Hayato’s launch range), and use her to connect unrollable Engetsus (freaking tight timing, though. I don’t.)

Engetsu xx POW works at almost any range after the first wave hits… safe to get her in, or finish of the last of an opponent.

Tron Bonne (Proj): Damage, and cross-up options, and the fact that you can use her to OTG a cornered opponent, or the fact that, if you cross up with Tron, you can pull Hayato to min-range, and do your fanciest, most damaging mid-screen combo you can think of. And her temporary projectile invulnerability makes Hayato happy.

There are more.

Engetsu combo xx Hailstorm can guarantee against rollouts, and deal up to 75% damage on a normal character, I believe. Dunno how well he can use the Typhoon, though.

NO THANK U 4 POSTING!

Useful little tactic, maybe I’ll try that and see if its worth me using the LP series, just to abuse the blockstun of the Plasma Launcher. I doubt it, but since, I haven’t used it for a long long time, I want to see how it will handle a pushblock. But, Every hayato user should keep in mind that, the second hit with the LP series will whiff at 1-1/2 to 2 player lengths away, on a lot of crouching characters, blocked or not.

Also I noticed, something mentioned about the timing of the HP series. Well to clear things up, the HP series doesn’t have little pauses in-between certain slashes, think of it like doing a normal magic series combo (LP, LK…etc.).

With that aside, I got another one with HP series. B.HP-LP-HP-LK+Sentinel’s drones, Shiden Repeat. (You can call the drones, during any time of the plasma combo, dash if needed then start over again.)

I don’t know if you know this, but when you finish the Rasetsu Zan in the corner. You can be punished, it doesn’t matter if it’s blocked or not. The reason he is supposed to be safe, after it connects, is that it pushes them across the screen, but when you are in the corner they hit the wall and recover before you do. I always notice this when I fight, and I punish any super/special that has similiar properties as this. (But you can still DHC after the last slash to be safe)

I’ll take some of the stuff the members post in the thread, and add to the faq. So, if you know something I don’t, please share kthx.

Two tidbits…

First, Gambit also makes a decent assist for Hayato, since he can be used to cover gaps in Hayatos patterns quite well, and the DHC from Rasetsu Zan to Royal Flush kicks ass. I’m not good at playing Gambit, but he’s an all around good general assist, so it’s not hard to believe.

Second, Hayato’s HP jump-in. It has more vertical range than the HK, but less horizontal range. It is, because of the combination of range and hitbox, more effective against two people in the game, especially as a deep jump-in, rather than a poke. These are: Doom, on assist, and Storm on point. If you jump a typhoon, you should almost always be able to connect with an hk… if you are jumping in at her, it is almost impossible for her to counter your HP with a launcher (though countering the HK in this manner is both possible and exceedingly annoying)

Tron Jon

hayato

There needs to be a note on this move. Its not a charge move. You just tap back, then tap forward + PP. If you charge it, it won’t work.

I like to use this after jumpins. Do the jumpin a little early since this is a throw to let them come out of blockstun in time. Mixed with c.lk and b+hp overhead, you have a trio of options that are tough to defend off of a clean jumpin.

Also, you can combo his qcf+kk super right after this move, probably other things too.

Just make sure you get the motion right, cause if the qcf+pp super comes out, you’re going to want to grab some K-Y before he finishes the super. Nuff said.

Bumped to help out newbies to hayato, feel free to add combos/strats to this thread if you feel…

A combo I like to do… I usually do it when I block/opponent lags after a ground combo:

c.lk, lp, hp, Shiden 1 hit XX Rasetsu Zan or Engetsu… Or Plasma Field and start horing Supers…

Err… Sorry for double post:

I use this on first form of Abyss… just kept going back and forth, it usually dodges all of his supers as well.

Good shit, you answered a question for me already-lol- I was lookin’ for his hidden super, thanks.

Three things of note:

OTG with the dash+HP, and it forces the opponent into standing. This is a part of some of the double Black Hayato combos, and could probably be much more useful if most people didn’t almost always roll.

The HP Plasma combo comes out quickly, and can be used to punish assists when defended by certain characters. It’s an all-around good move. Additionally, it’s hit zone extends from the tip of the blade to the bottom of the screen: The entire combo hits on servbot. This might be why I catch Magnetos in it: Because it will grab it toe on a c.lk.

Then again, it might be the timing.

Finally. Comboing into the HP Guren on the ground, either from the HP Plasma, or the s.lp, s.lk, s.hp, HP Guren combos… allows you to cancel into the Plasma Field. This sends them to the furthest and highest regions of the screen, and leave Hayato so close to the bottom that recovery is almost instant. You have as much time as you want to set up for recovery.

I want / need to find out if you could wave-dash fast enough to catch up with your opponent (AKA, make it to the wall before they hit the ground). I suck at wavedashing, however, so I’m throwing this out there, in case people want to test it.

– Tron Jon

B+HP is good

it’s 5 frames where as his normal lp is 6.

I say his c. lp is better than standing lp because it has more range than standing lp.

Dunno if I missed it, but you can super jump out of the stand hk. And although the first dude did say you have a advantage after it, acctualy the advantage is great enough after the kick parts in teh plasma combos that you can stop that, and then going into a whole nother combo. Though maybe you said that and i missed it shrug.

I want to steal your avatar and put my name on it :pleased:

I could try and fire up my dusty DC and see if I can do it, but I’m guessing you need to be atleast half way close to the wall, because they’ll just keep floating away from you. I do however remember landing the 3.lv bar super a couple times out of a Guren-P.F. combo, but it just depends on where you are on the stage. I’ll try to find out how far away from the wall its possible later.

You have any Hayato/Strider Combos?

Man… I like to use them both together… I like them both the same. (oh and nice faq btw) :pray: :rock:

Hey guys, i heared that Iron Man is a good assist for him too, what do u guys think?

Bump for newbies.

Was playing around with Hayato and here’s a combo:

Standing LK, LK, Crouch HP, LK, LP, LK, LP, Guren, Plasma Field, Then Engetsu upon landing.

Well, somewhat…
Iron’s anti-air could be useful, but Hayato is ground-based, so it kinda negates his combos on the ground. But, you can just do some air combos, I guess… His plasma combo is pretty good, but hard to connect with. Some neat plasma combos are with assist like Thanos/Spiderman/Ruby/Cable or anyone who has a capture assist. Do the plasma combo, then finish it off with one of these assist types. They’ll be caught, which looks so freggin funny. Your opponent cant help but laugh at his own character getting caught in the combo. What you should do, is simply slash em with his 2-hit combo. You know the “Hummf Heeff” combo, that one… Hayato is kinda stagnant, but this comes out pretty quick. Also, you can cancel into his super. One thing I learned with Hayato, is that he is hard to read. Ive played the computer version, and he is very deceptive with his movements and attacks. Study the computer, and how he purposedly stays inactive for some time, it can be helpful against opponents.

been awhile. may as well, post what i’ve learned over the past few years here, the tutorial vid, for those who know about it, is still a ways off. my only means of recording just got fried…again. i’m having shit luck with these.

anyway, a few things.

plasma string combos can be used after a dash if u crouch cancel em. a shortcut way of doing this would be, f,f,hcb,lp/hp plasma string, or, 663214 lp/hp plasma string. can be dun after a wavedash, or any time u use a pp dash instead of ff by just doing qcb,lp/hp plasma string works better with hp, since its faster startup. gud for use after and air combo when u come dashing in to apply more pressure the second u get near them. havent experimented much more with this yet.

byakko hou(his command grab, b,f pp)
somewhat abusable depending on ur opponent, and mixup friendlywith a decent assist.
as a blockstring: hp plasma string ending in lk. b+hp,lp,hp, call assist(i use psylocke), lk, dash in command grab. if they’ve already seen it, its still kinda hard to get around since ur somewhat locked down, but if you think theyll jump(most dont unless theyre cable; ppl tend to look to punish assist) u can launch into air combo/blah. if they retaliate u can use the method above for another plasma combo, that actually hits. or, u can do a normal dash c.lk, c.lk, to whatever combo u want. generally speaking theyre gonna have these three options, so your chances of getting another hit are pretty high. u can prolly catch ppl with this alot if u dont do it EVRY single time u start with this string. another thing good about this string is if they forget to block low, the kick hits them, and psylock combos, setting u up for damage. u cand juggle c.lk, launch for air combo, or, what i believe is a better option, wavedash backwards (for those who dont know, just do downback instead of neutral down after a dash/backdash)and command grab. then do watever u like off command grab.

things u can do after command grab: as they’ve said before, u can Engetsu, juggle c.lk, c.hp into air combo/b.hayato/blah, but u can also do:
dash, j.lk,j.mk. this has a few options, but its assist dependent. with mag assist, u cand dash, j.lk+call asst,j.mk,j.hk,assist hits, c.hp, sj.lp,sj.lk,sj.mp,sj.hp,sj.hk. with psylocke i can do the same, dash, j.lk+call,j.mk, (assist hits here so omit hk) assist hits, land, juggle c.lk, c.hp>aerial rave, or u can c.lk juggle xx Engetsu , depending on how close you are to ur opponent. otherwise it can whiff. these are just ideas. u can experiment with assists to see what works best for u
things u can do without an assist, dash, jump in j.k, j.mk, land. here u will be on the opposite side. here u can do three things, depending on the player. u can call an assist in expectation of an attack on the way down, u can start a combo, assuming they didnt realize they were crossed up, or can command grab again the second u land, which then leads to another reset/mixup/combo/ blah. the first option is the safest tho, so i unless u know ur opponent, if ur facing them for the first time, i would call assist on the way down

also, his j. d+hk, u cand use it in an aerial rave and land b4 they do and command grab the second u land(thx philophia) but once again, u have to besure they wont attack on the way down, but like i said b4 u could call an assist for that. so it would be like, launch, sj.lk, sj.mk, d+hk command grab, or maybe just one sj. lk, d+hk, land, command grab. each character is different so adjust accordingly. well, thats all for now i guess…back to tha lab