Hardest Characters To Use?

explain this face to me.
I don’t get it.

I’d say Firebrand requires a lot of skill to control him properly, especially in the air.

lol no. Firebrand is fraud-friendly as can be. trust me, i have basically zero execution and i have no trouble at all moving around in the air.

Playing Firebrand like a fraud doesn’t mean that’s how he’s supposed to be played.

I played Zak Bennett in my first tournament match ever last week, and I can wholeheartedly say HE IS FRAUD-FRIENDLY AS HECK! Lol, I’m playing, Firebrand isn’t as capable in the air as some of the other characters, but he’s got a 4-frame standing light which he can rapid press. And if you give him a lock down assist such as the cold star or tenderizer, he can use his airborne unblockable to open the opponent up. As I found out first hand lol

there is no secret to his air mobility. qcb m for forward, qcb h for backward. and regardless of how fraudulent i play him, he is not, by any means whatsoever, a difficult character to play.

He also has a move that leads to a free easy mode corner combo, that is +10 on block.

Trying not to laugh.

i won’t say c.viper, or Firebrand are hard to use.
In my opinion the top 16 characters in no specific order to play as are:

1. Modok
  2. Chun-li
  3. Mr. Wright
  4. Amy(glaive)
  5. She-hulk
  6. Ironfist
  7. Storm
  8. spiderman
  9. Dr. Doom(execution are above most characters)
  10. Dr. Strange(sorta)
  11. Magneto
  12. Dante
  13. Frank(lvl 1)
  14. viewful joe
  15. spencer
  16. Chris Redfield

Doom? My execution sucks, and I can do Doom combos. Doom is easy mode.

Same with Firebrand. The issue with Firebrand isn’t execution, it’s that he does no damage.

Chunners, Modok, Viper and Spidey though are beyond me :frowning:

Oh that makes sense. Thank you I am now one point wiser in the knowledge of SRK

When you say hard I’m going to reply as if by hard you mean the toughest to maximize potential (not who is tough bc they are bad characters).

Out of the characters I have real familiarity with I’m going to say x23. You need magic fingers to excel with her. Mirage feint cancels need to be performed extremely fast and you will pay with your characters life when you mess up. But, if you are feeling yourself in a match with her pressure can be relentless.

Oh and I should add she doesn’t have the high priority moves that other characters do which make here particularly challenging. When a fully charged slicer trades with some of the higher ranks normals you really need to be on top of your game.

Viper.

The reason why Firebrand is hard to play is not his combos (which are piss easy), it’s the awkward nature of his command dashes. It’s very easy to make a Firebrand player commit to something unsafe if you know what you’re doing. Something as simple as crossing him up while he is in SJ height (with a teleport for example) can have disastrous consequences and leave him doing a fireball or dashing in the wrong direction. He also has a hard time dealing with characters with big extendable hitboxes and invincible moves due to his short range normals (they’re very good in other ways though). He also has no invincible moves for himself and despite his excellent escaping abilities in neutral, if someone is in on him, it can be hard to shake them.

You CAN play him quite fraudulently, and I am pretty fraudulent myself but I think that the character has a fairly high ceiling and punishes you to a greater extent for making mistakes than some more forgiving characters

His neutral game takes a lot of work, despite the fact that he does have Bon Voyage which is pretty braindead. Also, a lot of his set-ups have to expertly timed and spaced in order to stay safe, I think Capcom did a good job of balancing how hard it is to successfully pull of an almost inescapable unblockable/guard break.

No Iron Man on that list? I’d personally say that Chun-li is the hardest.

everyone forgets about shuma. seriously, fucking shuma. I challenge anyone to pull off his basic mystic stare combos either offline or online. With him, I’d say modok, iron fist, chun, RR, wright and to an extent spider man and jill. I’ve tried to train with all of them and also messed around with a few and they take the top of my list. Oh and iron man for just being awkward at times.

Also, as a Joe mainer I really don’t feel he is that hard to play. Sure its different than most, but not too hard

For me:

Chun Li
Iron Man
Rocket Raccoon
Phoenix
Phoenix Wright
Magneto
Spider-Man
M.O.D.O.K
Chris Redfield

These are the characters that I cannot get the hang of. I either lack in combos, or in mobility, or in Chris’ case I lack the ability to properly zone.

I don’t understand why most people think Rocket Raccoon is hard to use. Most of his BnB’s include magic series -> s, air ms, bear trap, log trap, rock ‘n’ roll. He can also create his own unblockable with boulder trap, spamming log trap from a distance is relativly safe, and with a beam assist he has easy teleport mixups.

Which does diddly squat damage, and why PR Rog and Kusoru go for the boulder loop combo, which they usually drop because it is fucking hard as nails and to a certain extent character specific. Also, his traps are destroyed by opponents attacks, meaning they can ignore your unblockable boulder trap and just go in.

I use Wesker’s OTG assist and with that alone I can do alot of damage with Rocky’s combos. Using 1 bar I can get 650k Mid Screen, 700k in Corner, 700k off of a Log Trap. All of these easy BnBs for me. 700K for 1 bar does not sound like diddly squat damage. Not to mention he has plenty of reset options with his traps.

Also, while the boulder trap does go away if he gets hit, the opponent can’t risk it because if Rocky blocks it which he most likely will, then they get hit by the boulder trap and he goes in for a combo. Seriously, I’ll lay down a bouldertrap while they’re in blockstun from my magic series attacks and then sit there blocking while they’re blocking. If they don’t move, I’ll use my low attack just as the boulder is about to hit them. And if they do move, I block their attacks and then they get hit by the boulder which leads into a full unscaled combo. That alone makes it easier for me to get combos on my opponent.

Also I forgot to mention Rocky has his Mad Hopper Super which is basically his “Get out of Jail Free” card. Due to his huge size and the fact that it stays out there for a while. It gets his opponent off of him and he can set up a mixup on the opponent while he’s safe. It also makes for a great DHC in or out. Not many characters have the luxury of a special like that.