Harder to pull moves in HD remix vs IV

I don’t think the timing is harder, to be honest. It’s just different than what you’re used to. That Akuma HK to DP combo, you just have to do the DP later. The character looks sooooo much like they are hitting the ground already, but you still catch them. In HD Remix, you have waaaay more time to get the DP off.

And if you wanna do the Raging Demon as a Reversal, there is actually a pretty stupid way to do it. Just mash Jab in Block Stun, and when you think the block stun is almost over, just tap Towards/Back + Jab + Fierce. You can pretty much hit them all at the same time. It’s really almost stupidly lenient.

Are you using Akuma in SFIV, Syxx? Or are you still maining Cammy? Gotta keep representin’ the Cammy love! She’s the only character I’ve used in Ranking Battles so far… that is when I do actually have the time to play. :sad:

• James

I liked to fool around with Cammy (:tup:) in HDR sometimes, but I hate the SF4 version of her. I feel like her backfist is soooo muuuccch sloooweerrrr… Plus the tiger knee motion for the hooligan is retarded, especially since the ACTUAL TIGER KNEE is now a DP motion…

Yes the moves are easier to pull off in SF4 compared to HDr, but SF4 has the friendliest inputs of the SF series.
…and HDr’s inputs flow like water…so threadstarter you shouldnt have any problem.
Maybe its just the stick.

I find charge characters (Dee Jay, Guile) easier to play in HD Remix. Motion characters, however, I have lots of trouble with; even the basic fireball motions.

In SF4 and most other fighters (including the fast and frantic MvC2) I find motion characters easy to play. Not sure what it is.

My main in HDR is Dee Jay, and I shift between Guile, Honda, Blanka, Balrog, and Bison as my mood dictates. However, earlier today I accidentally picked Ryu, and I was a mess; missing basic FB motions, trouble doing HURRICANE KICKS; it was brutal. However, in SF4 I can easily do Ryu’s juggles into Super/Ultra setups, and in MvC2 years ago I could play Magneto/Cable/Cyke barely missing any moves. It’s bizarre. I have to go some heavy practicing in HDR.