Hands connect question and glitch

First the hands.

When I do the mk>hands it doesn’t connect if I try to do a mk after that, it leaves me a little bit to far however I do seem to get this to work when I accidentely throw out EX hands. Does anybody know my problem?

And I could use some help with his new found focus>stance glitch.

When I focus and throw in stance it absorbs the lets say fireball but Gen still makes his attack what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks guys!

This didnt need a new topic.

Anyway your problem is you are doing it too slow, I have the same problem. Also for some characters ( i.e. Ryu) you need to walk a little bit forward otherwise it wont hit either.

Oh and as for the glitch, you have to absorb at the last possible moment and then chance stances.

Sorry about that,

But thanks for the help I get it now :slight_smile:

hmm, would it be possible to do roll into focus stance change, into mk hands without breaking the link? (ignoring the fact that it would be reaaaaally hard :P)

I would like contribute, the way to cancel the first hit on hands as you know it’s been discuss earlier, but nobody got it right, the way to do it is holding forward do the first four inputs, then at the fifth input you press forward and mp+mk+ hp (at the same time), if you do it right, this is the fastest way possible to cancel first hit hands, your opponent will be on blockstun if he blocks or hitstun if he got hit. For instance cr. mp+hands, the way I do it is: down-forward, mp,lp,lp,mp, forward (mp+mk+hp). The important is the last input (forward+mp+mk+ lp or hp), 'cause the last input would determine the intensity of hands (lp or hp).

Guys, I know there is a video about how Xian do it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeN6_4sJntA), but it is wrong 'cause that method do not allow you to do it consistenly, I am pretty sure that Xian do not use that, because he do it flawless.

This method also works with mk, hands, you do the exact same ending.

If I’m not mistaken, Xian once mentioned he uses the slide method when he goes for the 1 hit fadc. Personally, I just piano even if I’m planning to cancel on the first hit.

Whatever works for the player.

BTW I wouldn’t really call that his technique since most Gen players back in Vanilla had to cancel on the first hit to get the full combo.

I’m trying to contribute with mi posts. You didn´t say anything about my inputs. I´m aware that probably someone used this method before me, but no one posted it.

I agree on “Whatever works for the player”. According to you if Xian uses the slide method to cancel the first hit, the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeN6_4sJntA) ain’t about him, ´cause the inputs in it are mp, lp, mp, lp, hp, so is unlikely that someone uses the slide method in this particular case.

Vanilla Gen had more hitstone on hands, so you just had to do it fast enough
to cancel the first hit to continue the combo, it doesn’t matter what method you use. It is different in AE 2012 and Ultra 'cause is more easy to fail, the timing is more strict.

Well, Xian did not record that video it was one of our members in this forum. I’m just saying what I saw him post on twitter in the past (about the slide method) and someone also observed his hands as well.

If it helps, my piano method for c.mp xx hands (1 hit) fadc is pretty similar to yours:

c.mp~lp~lp~mp~fp > hands (1 hit) > fadc

The only difference is that I don’t think you should press mp+mk+fp together or you might get ex hands.

As soon as I finish pianoing, I move my hands back to neutral and perform the fadc input like usual. Yes, the timing is much faster but I guarantee I get 100% with that method.

The method in the video you posted can also be used just fine (mp~lp~mp~lp~fp). By buffering the first 4 inputs you have plenty of time to hit fp and move your hands back to fadc position. In fact, I used to use a similar method in the past for the hands loop (mp or ex hands > mp~lp~mp~lp > s.mk~fp hands [1] > fadc…etc).

Like I said before…both methods works. In the end it’s up to the player.

I think the video is titled “Xian FADC” because he teaches the 1 hit fadc that Xian often uses, not necessarily the same inputs/method. Hope that that makes sense…

yeah, I don’t know why he keeps on reposting the video saying that it is wrong. I dont remember saying that is how Xian doesn it, I said Xian crMP fadc, because he is the only one that I see doing it consistently. I chose to ignore the whole stuff.

Ain´t saying that the video is wrong, what I meant is that if someone (such as Xian) can cancel the first hit consistently he ain’t using the method showed in the video, that’s all.

[/quote]

If it helps, my piano method for c.mp xx hands (1 hit) fadc is pretty similar to yours:

c.mp~lp~lp~mp~fp > hands (1 hit) > fadc

The only difference is that I don’t think you should press mp+mk+fp together or you might get ex hands.

[/quote]

Yes you’re right I messed up my explanation, what I meant was forward, mp, lp, lp, mp, (forward hp plink with mp+mk).

As you said it’s similar to yours but you finish your piano first and then you FADC.

[quote=“Kane, post:8, topic:91260”]

[quote=“PaiMei, post:7, topic:91260”]

Yes you’re right I messed up my explanation, what I meant was forward, mp, lp, lp, mp, (forward hp plink with mp+mk).

As you said it’s similar to yours but you finish your piano first and then you FADC.

Sorry about last message.