Hakan Trial 24 help

I got to Hakan’s 24th trial relatively easily (except for trial 19 that took a while). Now, I have spent about 2 hours trying to do the 24th trial (not exaggerating), but I can’t seem to get the timing right. I press the buttons at what feels like the exact same timing every time, but sometimes the move won’t come out at all, sometimes Dan will block it, and very very rarely it will connect. I hear a lot of people saying that Hakan’s trials are very easy, and I am thinking that maybe I am approaching this the wrong way. Any tips?

Double tap the mp, lp link and be very quick about the lp, fwd+lp link.

Sorry, I can’t be more helpful, but it’s one trial. You should get it soon enough :3

actually… thinks about run stop trial D: yeah just one trial is saying a lot. Haha, sorry, didn’t mean to sound like a jerk.

Break it down into smaller segments, making sure you can do s.lp, f.lp consistently first. Also, make sure you do the s.mp fast enough to prevent Hakan being knocked back further, making the final hit hard to land. This is easier, if your opponent isn’t in the corner, too.