Haggar Resets and Tricks

idk, but i’m having trouble getting this to work on smaller characters, also, if they forward tech, u can backdash and then cancel into H hooligan

Just cancel the :l: into the :dp: :h: . It works 100% vs all characters and all techs . The only way out is double jump , air dash , or invincible move , and you can beat the former options with mixup , like j.pipe .

Even the midscreen version works on V.Joe , but timing midscreen is VERY strict and it loses to front tech . Luckily people almost always back tech midscreen.

Okay my lord that is f’ing incredible. I think I’m going to shed tears of joy.

does the :l: have to be very close to your opponent? I mean do i have to dash in after air pipe so i’m close and then connect with s :l:? i really have not gotten this reset to hit very often on smaller guys. dont know if its spacing, not cancelling into special fast enough, or if its a screen position thing. fuck it i’m gonna post a video of me trying it maybe u can diagnose my problem

Only off of Violent Axe do you need to dash up. I just today did this on VJoe several times . I’d say cancel faster . Seriously , I dont think you can do it to fast.

I know for a fact that resetting with L instead of M is a lot easier. I had trouble executing it after M even once. I switched to the l reset and did the loop ~3 times. Granted I’m still not consistent… but it’s an option. Does Haggar have good combos for putting people into the corner? Or should I rely on an assist (like Storm) to do so? Storm assist looks like it’d be a great asset because it does a lot of pushback even on block. Then use j. pipe + like She Hulk low assist and you have an unblockable into guaranteed reset.

Here’s what I try to do, it’s by no means original or anything but when you connect it pushes them around the screen a bit and it’s usually not too difficult to shove them into the corner.

L, M, 236(L/M), L, M, 623L, sjM, M, H, pipe - opponent ground bounces here. So you can do the L xx 623H into the loop if you’re in the corner already, or if not you can do another 623L to relaunch, then do an air exchange combo or combo into the QCF+S. Add in the flying piledriver super the instant you hit the ground after the flying screen if their health is very low at that point, as it will be enough to kill that character if you time it properly. Don’t make a habit out of this though because the damage is pretty pathetic.

Some new Haggar technology I found:

[media=youtube]C-A4ZDtkPmE[/media]

Edit:Realised this doesnt work when characters ground tech left or right so this is pretty much useless.Sorry.

this might be already mentioned but in the corner, if u want a simple reset after doing :dp: +:L:, then just stand and wait for the opponent to reset in the air. if he goes neutral or back, then do :dp:+:h:. if he techs forward then back dash and then do :dp:+:h:

Its better to use :l: :dp: :h: off of a ground bounce because it beats all techs.

i understand that. but i’m saying just on a reset. you dont even need the ground bounce. u just dont follow up with the hoodlum and react. of course the way u put it does more possible damage and is much cooler, but u would be surprised how often u can catch someone just expecting you to air combo after the hoodlum throw.

I figured I’d share a little bit of what I’ve found, get you guys to test it to make sure it’s legit, for the most part I find it is.

Headbutt frame trap - Typically best started with a jumping pipe to get them blocking overhead, or off a dash in on any character super skrull’s height or taller. Keep in mind the frame trap is harder to do on shorter characters, but still possible. So basically just do an instant headbutt - :u: :uf: :h: and another headbutt on the way down, the timing is tight, so you need the instant headbutt to come out as soon as possible. Worst thing i’ve had happen to a properly executed frame trap was a trade with a jab, and the character gets stunned anyway.

Kara into normal piledriver/level 3 hyper - While you can kara off Haggar’s :d: :h: and actually gain range, the one I’m going to be discussing is more of a yomi tactic. :f: :h: is of course the ground pipe, so you literally just cancel that into :hcb: :atk: :atk: . Make sure you cancel it just before the pipe would actually connect with a player so that slow startup inspires either a counter hit attempt or a block attempt. This can be beaten by a jump block, but somehow I think seeing that pipe will make people turtle up more than anything. Best done on wakeup or a dash in, can also be done in conjunction with an assist, very hard to read unless it’s seen too much.

I have more but I’ll test those a bit more before I bring them to the table.

I made a video of a reset and some other tricks with Haggar/Sentinel/Wesker:
[media=youtube]Hrd4xfGtW5U[/media]

Yeah, I found that cr.H kara throw too. What else is cool about that is that you can get more throw range, or after the cr.H hits you can cancel into a special. So like cr.H xx L hoodlum for frame advantage or w/e, then when they get used to that you can grab them. It should work well if you can do strings like cr.L > cr.M b/c it will hit them if they try and jump so they stay and block. The kara cr.H gets you more range, and up close you can just use f.H xx throw before it hits.

It sucks though that he can’t get anything after his command grabs. But at least it will make them more scared.

Actually he can, if you call the assist at the right moment.
Have done it with Chris’s mine and Doom’s missiles.

Ive been working on this mixup with this, you do
c.:l:, c.:m: + :a2: (chris), F. :h: xx :l: SPD

If you time it right, they block the first two attacks and you’re just barely in range to kara SPD from Pipe. After the SPD finishes the mine will go off popping them in the air so you can combo. I just do :m: xx :l: hoodlum then whatever… ending in DHC glitch.

Its kinda hard to get down first and you have to delay the F.:h: slightly but it can result in a deadly mixup. The best part is that if the first two hits connect you have enough time to react and just do a normal F.:h: into combo with the assist hitting right after the pipe.

It also works with doom if you call the missiles with the c.:l:, you can combo easily after SPD but if they dont block they can mess up your combo afterward.

so I was playing around with Haggar’s resets into Back Drop and Chris with Grenade Toss assist and this is what I found:

(best results in the corner) jump forward Down H, st.L, st.M + Chris Assist, opponent resets in the air, jump forward Heavy Back Drop, grenade toss OTG, st.L, st.M xxx L Hoodlum Launcher, sj. M, sj.H. D.H, st. M or cr.H xxx L Hoodlum Launcher, sj.M, sj.H, u.H xxx Giant Swing.

This is specifically for the corner since if you do it midscreen characters can just back air recover out of the setup. In the corner it can get characters that air recover forward or back, but the catch is that when Haggar jumps forward for a Backdrop against a character that neutral air recovers the Backdrop will whiff although the character will land on the Mine. Haggar can dash forward and jump forward Backdrop if they do neutral air recover and they will get caught, but if they happen to air recover forward while you’re expecting a neutral air recover and you dash forward in anticipation of this they will escape the corner. So basically you gotta guess right. I also forgot to record the total damage lol, but it almost left Wesker a little health so it’s fairly damaging.

Here’s another one that’s also off a jumping pipe:

jump forward d.H, forward jump L, M, H, st.L, st.M + Chris Assist, opponent resets in the air, jump forward H Back Drop, grenade toss OTG, then basically the same idea as above.

What’s different about this one other than more hits is that if start the standing light early enough where it will hit it will put the character high enough that when they recover the Backdrop will grab a neutral air recover without the dash forward before hand. But of course there’s a catch, if you start the st.L where they are high enough to be caught when neutral air recovering a forward air recover will potentially go right over you. Although if you reset them low enough Haggar will grab an opponent air recovering forward, but there has been times where the Backdrop auto corrects and grabs the character when they over me just as Haggar gets to their height but I get no Chris assist OTG.

So that’s basically it, this was basically inspired by similar resets I do with Doom Missles which I haven’t posted yet but I have been saying I would in other threads but I got lazy haha. Keep in mind that some characters air recover much higher or that their hit box isn’t in range when you try to Backdrop them (this is the most likely answer).

Just playing around today and I was using Dorm’s pillar assist (liberation?) and I was trying to do the same resets with it like I did with Chris’ grenade toss assist, which is mentioned on my previous above post.

Basically it was this:
C.L, C.M, F+H xxx H Violent Axe, L, M xxx L Violent Axe, jump forward, Dorm assist, Back Drop.

The pillar will OTG the character after the Back Drop but the assist has to be called with specific timing or else it won’t OTG at all. There’s been some situations where it’ll only hit two times and they will be kinda low to the ground, but I don’t think Haggar has anything fast enough to combo after it. But the other situation is it hits more than two times and will launch them kinda high where you can do a H Hoodlum Launcher after they reset in the air and go into his BnB. It does alot of damage but I didn’t record the damage, but it was more than enough to kill Cap before I could even finish the combo from H Hoodlum Launcher. This is because it’s basically two resets in one.

Also it can be done with the combos used in the Chris resets above, but like I said it’s all about timing of the assist and Back Drop. I can also do this with Shuma Mystic Ray assist but it has to be done really later I believe so the Back Drop is initiated low enough and Shuma Assist comes out right when the opponent hits the ground, what sucked is that I couldn’t do anything after it.

Good info! i only got this game to use haggar and a few other chars mostly because of nostalgia, but im startin to enjoy it a bit more.

Hagger Wall to wall concept [media=youtube]NnrvCD3iAYw[/media]

I doubt this is anything new, but just in case here’s a reset I found today:
:l: -> :m: -> Hoodlum Launcher :l: -> :m: -> :m: -> :h: -> Air Steel Pipe :d::h: -> :l: -> Hoodlum Launcher :h:

It works against (I think) everyone in the corner but it’s hard to land if you’re not in the corner on normal sized characters, but for large characters you should have no trouble landing it corner or no corner…