Hacking in GGPO

Alex all day yo.

they don’t troll me lol

Well you rape everyone with Urien Patty-Grab.

Don’t know about that, bro. I’ve seen you complaining/arguing about lag/lag abuse/whatever else multiple times on ggpo and it lasted a good while, at least enough to get my attention.

Not that I think what they’re doing to you is right. It’s BS what they’re doing and I feel for you in that regard. Hopefully a mod will do something about it sooner than later.

Do I complain about lag? Yes, totally. Mostly out of frustration. I’m trying to level up my game, there’s no local scene and I’m stuck fighting mostly low-level or just trolling players. I’ve seen a lot of lag abuse too. For example: a Ken player does SA3, I block the full thing, I do sMP (as Alex) to punish as soon as it’s finished, and the dude mashes out HPSRK and it comes out instantly.

You can’t tell me that wouldn’t piss you off dude? :wink: It’s not so much mashing that pissed me off but that the player knew I could punish him, and he mashed out SRK hoping and praying that because of lag his move will come out and he will win.

Christ, you never stop complaining do you?

if you “know” he’s gonna mash a srk then just block? if you “know” certain moves that theyre gonna do then react to it. if you find your timing is too late, then do it earlier. dude, if there’s no local scene where you play then why are you complaining about the field that you’re in? your only playing field is online and the environment is prone to be laggy sometimes so you adjust to it. if you can’t play offline 3s due to the lack of local players then just get used to it. i don’t have a local 3s scene either and i’m aware of the lag in the game but i still play for fun and try to improve my skills. who cares if the akuma player spams tatsu, just parry the next set of tatsu’s or learn to find the timing for red parrying.

yes, there are characters that have slight advantages online, but offline its the same thing. chun isnt god tier online, but godtier offline. urien/akuma is top tier online but midtier offline and so on and so forth.

tip, play the characters that piss you off the most and learn theyre style/pattern. you’re not gonna get better faster by just playing one char 100% of the time

It won’t get through to him, but nice try.

And what if he just uses guard after his SA? Will you shout “OMFG he mashed out guard, what a retard!”.
Seriously, if you can’t punish properly, try to throw next time. If you still got beaten, block and punish (lol). If you still got beaten, it means you’re not able to do something precise during a window of 11 frames iirc, so you’re clearly playing with a damn bad connection and should quit and play someone else…

I don’t know why but Womble has set his sights on me. If you look through his post history 90% of his posts are made up of trolling.

I think Patty and ESN are being argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative. I mean, are you really trying to suggest that Ken’s SA3 is safe on block? Because that’s an argument you’re not going to win. And I don’t know how you came to the conclusion that I’m incapable of punishing that. I’m quite capable, and had you read what I posted, I did punish with sMP, which has 4 frame start up

I think you may have read what I posted too quickly. I was demonstrating how laggy GGPO can get, I listed an example, and in such environments, things like that happen. I don’t think you can deny that, weird shit happens online. I’m not trying to be nasty or anything, just explaining my point. I don’t see how this could be construed as being salty or anything.

I don’t think I should have to explain that, but I feel I have to defend myself at times irregardless of trolling.

I disagree that they are being merely argumentative, they are providing a solution to the problem. You’re just too stubborn to accept it. You can’t blame it all on lag or tiers or whateverthefuckelse…

Let me make my previous post easier to understand as you clearly missed the point.
can’t punish cause of lag? --> try to adapt or quit

Was it that hard to understand?

Again, unnecessarily angry. Why does everyone get so pissy on this forum? All the time someone gets pissy over nothing. You can say the most mild of things, and people get pissy over it. Just noting this. By the way, I never mentioned tiers, look through my posts.

Two Things dude: (One) By adapting to lag like that, am I not just learning bad strategies that aren’t effective in a competitive environment which is what I’m training for? (Two) I can do something even better and not play people with bad connections. I think that’s a more suitable solution, wouldn’t you say? I’m not really losing or gaining anything by playing people like that, and what can that dude who mashes brag about? That he beat someone online with lag? That’s not an accomplishment to be proud over.

Again, I’m not salty, just trying to engage in conversation. At the same time I don’t like being unnecessarily attacked.

Tough, if you’re gonna complain constantly, then expect this sort of treatment.

Either way I think what ESN and the other guy was saying (can’t remember his name) is that if you spent less time complaining and more time analyzing the problems in front of you, you’d be a better player. However, you don’t and so you suck.

Clearly you do not want to engage in conversation, if you have something to say to me, by all means PM me. Don’t create needless drama on the internet, if you like drama go watch one of those reality TV shows, or watch TNT because they apparently know drama.

That said, I cannot let a troll get the final word in as it shows weakness.

Again, you did not read my post. I have a solution, don’t play people who abuse lag. Pretty simple I must say. And I analyzed the problem, if the connection is bad, the Ken player can mash out an immediate SRK after doing SA3. It seems like you’re desperately trying to defend this guy, like he did the right thing by mashing something out when in optimal conditions it doesn’t work. Basically you’re defending mashing. For whatever reason you’ve decided to attack me and desperately try to tear me down a peg. I believe I’ve seen you on GGPO, and you’ve made yourself out to be one of Tehblargh’s fan boys and like to troll with him.

Sorry dude, I’m not playing your troll game, I’m not responding to anything else you say on public forums. If you have something to say, PM me please.

PM yo ass, gtfo of here. Face it, you suck…Ass.

/thread

Where did you see me angry? O_o

"By adapting to lag like that, am I not just learning bad strategies that aren’t effective in a competitive environment which is what I’m training for?"
Think this way: offline, you can punish, no problem.
Online, you got problems sometimes to punish, even easy stuff like a blocked KEN SA3. This means each poke, throw attempt, guard reaction, whatever, suffer a 6~10 frames “lag instability”. You’re not learning “3S”, you’re not even learning “3S on GGPO”, you’re learning “3S Lag Mash Championship Edition”. There is no point at all playing that.
So, your “competitive environment which is what you’re training for” make me smile a little.

And, just to be clear, no, this post, like the others is in no way agressive/angry/whatever makes you feel attacked…

No, this shows the strength of the troll, and the rage that you have from being constantly trolled.

Seriously, has this shit not been going on for months? Why? How the fuck did any of this even start? I assume it’s from you bitching. As you do have the reputation of being the biggest whiner in GGPO.

Maybe you should buy a horse and move to the mountains where you won’t bother anybody.