Guy/Rolento match up

I find this matchup annoying. Anyone figure out a way to punish the roll spam?

Not yet. Recovery is very quick and puts Rolento a fair distance from you. I’ve been lucky with some walk fwd BCC chains into Run-Stop or Ex.HZO but I’m not sure that’s a true punish.

Regular Roll is -8, St.mp usually punishes it on block, EX is at least -10 EX Hozanto will punish it. You can also interrupt the roll as well with cr.mk or cr.hk. Rolento really does not have a wakeup at all, you can chase down his options or OS it. Basically means Rolento in the corner = GGs, Unless he’s doing the Pogo stick on your wakeup it’s basically useless against Guy because you can block then TK izuna it, EX if you feel you won’t time it correctly and possibly may get hit. U2 has some very good use in this match as the Rekkas and Overhead are negative and will be caught by it, U1 also has good uses as well because you can stop any of that EX stinger chip if you have the reaction (which usually calls for pre-buffering the move) Footsie wise, Guy wins this because if he gets that KD Rolento is in for some pressure. Rolento doesn’t really have anything scary besides mixups which you can react to, his damage output isn’t that great overall and his pressure isn’t that strong.

1 thing about Rolento’s roll its beat you stand block to get him as close as possible.http://youtu.be/ubMqb0c0xGc

The bit where he does lk then j.hk on hugo Lol. He’s only triggering the dummy’s autoblock.

Annoying … for Guy? Eh, I think it seems like one of the most one sided matchups in the game – in Guy’s favor. There is very little Rolento can do to stop Guy’s pressure. Once Rolento is in the corner it is basically game over. Elbow rapes Rolento to Sodom and beyond.

Yeah this matchup is… incredibly in Guy’s favour. After having a run at a few Rolento’s. Unless you literally fall for his gimmicks, Guy has Rolento’s number

Watch out for his corner escapes, and respond with neutral jump HK (sickle) for a free juggle.