Guy player possibly thinking of converting to Fuerte

So as it says in the title, I’m a Guy player. I’ve always noticed a few similarities between Guy and Fuerte (Run>stop, wall jump, both characters seem to rely on baiting, both characters are ass, etc) and I decided to do some messing around in training mode and actually had a ton of fun. His run stop seems so much better than Guy’s and I was surprised that I was able to do RSF for a few reps (some what inconsistent right now, but I’m getting a rhythm). I think because I’m somewhat used to run>stop with Guy that it might have helped me a bit here with Fuerte. Plus I like Fuerte’s better walk speed and faster overhead, and his mixups seem pretty decent. <br><br>Anyways, how reliable is his Run>stop pressure? I think that if I could do it fairly consistantly and can use it to pressure than it wouldn’t be a hard transition for me as a Guy player. I know Fuerte players need to be able to bait things and I already do that as Guy. Also, I was wondering what are his worst matchups? I know I get mauled by Honda’s all the time as Guy, and it just seems to me like Fuerte would have an easier time with him. <br><br>Anyways, I guess just some advice would be nice as well. Is it too late to bother picking him up? Would my experience as a Guy player help me in any way? What are his weak points? Strengths? All that stuff would be appreciated, though I will be looking through some of the other threads here too. Thanks everyone. :)<br>

Fuerte’s Run Stop Pressure:  Run Stop Rape - Run Stop Pressure Video - How to and FAQ Primer: RICO! El Fuerte Fundamentals (cleaned up 09/05/12) imo hates Honda too</div><div><br></div><div>Fuerte’s clear strength over Guy is that he has a BACK command Run, and can control the trajectory of his Wall Jump, and several of his Command Run follow ups (tostada press, fajita buster, Propeller Tortilla). And yes, Fuerte’s Run Stop is FAR faster than Guy’s</div><div><br></div><div>If you are competent with Guy’s Run Stop Pressure then I firmly believe you will not have issues with Fuerte’s RSP. </div><div><br></div><div>Fuerte’s Nuetral game is different than Guy’s I like Guy as well, I think Fuerte is a good change of Pace for Guy. You’ll probably stick with Guy but I don’t see a problem with having a Fuerte on the side if you play Guy.</div>

Thanks man! Yeah I was having a blast with Fuerte in training mode last night! I will have to get used to some of his normals and such and how to apply his pressure, but I think he will be fun to play. I almost wish that Guy and Fuerte could share some of each others tools. It seems like they have what the other one needs to be a truly whole character. I mean, if Guy had Fuerte’s Run stop alone, I would be happy. <3<br>

I have changed my Elf’s RS pressure dramatically after coming back. Elf’s run is better with the 3 frame stop, and the ability to run backwards and forwards.<div><br></div><div>Some matchups it is better to delay your run cancels, always switch them up if they have decent reversal options… </div><div><br></div><div>After applying a decent amount of pressure, I will runcancel my last normal in a backwards run, and stop at the meaty cr.mk or st.jab range. Delay your input, if they reversal > RSF, if they wait, low forward run canceled back into mixup.</div>

<blockquote class=“Quote” style=“font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/41551/Nightblade777">Nightblade777</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Thanks man! Yeah I was having a blast with Fuerte in training mode last night! I will have to get used to some of his normals and such and how to apply his pressure, but I think he will be fun to play. I almost wish that Guy and Fuerte could share some of each others tools. It seems like they have what the other one needs to be a truly whole character. I mean, if Guy had Fuerte’s Run stop alone, I would be happy. <3<br></div>
</blockquote>

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Another difference is that Guy STOPS upon reaching the opponent, El Fuerte will not.</span></font><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Guy with Fuerte’s run stop or f+MK would be absurd.</span></font></div>