Guile Trial 21

Alright I’m not one to complain about trials. I’ve been playing this game since vanilla, and have most of my bearings down. But I randomly decided to go to Guile’s trials today, and for whatever reason can’t do 21. I can do flashkick>super, i can do mp>flashkick>super, but for whatever reason when i need to do the jp.hp the super refuses to come out after the flashkick, no matter how quickly or slowly i do the input. I went to training mode and checked my inputs and theyre spot on. Everything should be fine, but the super just won’t come out after the jumping fierce>mp>flash no matter what i do. Anyone got any tips?

You need to start charging db asap after jumping and slighty delay the cr.mp after a late jp.HP.

Yea I tried all that, as well as watched that video plus several others. I assume I’m just inputting the super motion too slowly despite how fucking quickly I feel like I’m doing it. Ah well, back to the drawing board.

Yeah, you’re not canceling the FK into super fast enough. Funny, I found this trial petty easy but I literally spent weeks on 24 until I realized you had to link into super. Practice til you can cancel FK to super no prob and then add the beginning. Keep at it man, you’ll get it.

One more thing, I just watched the video again and he rolls from uf to ub for the super. I go db to uf for the FK and then db to uf again for the super. I’d don’t know why that works but it does.

Lol yea i’ve tried both, and I get FK to super with like 90% consistency, which is why it’s so confusingly aggravating that i’m not getting this trial. Probably has to do with my fightstick being an octogate, AKA garbage for charge characters.

Octogate is not garbage for charge characters. Actually, it doesn’t matter at all. It’s your execution. Do slow simple motions in the training room until your muscle memory kicks in.

I use a Korean stick.

It’s just tough hitting the corners perfectly sometimes compared to a square gate. But I suppose any controller can be legit in the right hands.

Which is why you need to stop using the excuse that it’s the gate and just practice it til you get the execution down.

That’s the plan. Here’s to sore fingers, and bad tempers.

Is this a new combo for USF4? In AE 2012, I do not think it was possible to connect sonic whoreicame after a fk->super.

Does this work with the other Ultra as well from a fk->super juggle?

It’s worked ever since Super. Prob even easier with ultra 1.

Flashkick > Super and that’s it. You can’t juggle into anything after that. If you do a sonic boom > Super then you can juggle into U1 or U2.

Aka Guile’s juggle limit is up to two.

If that was true then trial 21 would be impossible. It is definitely a pointless combo though, as the ultra does a quantum of damage.

U2 can still juggle after FK xx Super but only 1-2 hits.

FK xx Super > U1 is impossible.

This trial was a little tricky, but I hit it after about 20 minutes or so the day I was bored enough to finally finish all the trials. Very unsatisfying combo though; all that effort should at least be rewarded with more hits from U2 at the end, but whatever. I’d never spend the resources on this biz in a match anyways.

I see it like this:

• FK xx Super is the derp easy combo with minimal execution but less reward because you can’t ultra
  • c.mp xx SB xx Super is a tiny bit more difficult and lets you Ultra but scales more
  • c.mp xx Super is trickier but ‘cleaner’; you get to Ultra after and there’s minimal scaling
  • st.hp xx Super is the hardest but highest potential reward

Easiest way for me to do St.Hp xx Super is to do a slight walk forward after making sure I have down back charge.

Shortcut command for flashkick into super cancel is charge down-back, up-forward kick, followed immediately with down-back, up-forward and kick again.