Guile Combo Thread: Flash Kick FADC *shades*!

I tested it further, it works on gief, abel, and sagat. No one else. I also discovered why it wasn’t in the FA follow up video. It only works off of lvl 3 FA…

anyways, it does 382 dmg, 615 stun

that combo is character specific

Hm… I wonder what exactly it is about the lvl 2 crumple and the lvl 3 crumple that make them different. I have noticed some things seem easier to do after a level 3, but it’s always baffled me a bit. A lot of good input so far. When I get a moment I’m going to edit this up with matchup specific crumple combos.

Now, for something completely different. Be warned the following is mostly a sad rant containing crushed hopes and dreams.

So, I was making a dookie when I had a a brilliant idea. You can kara anything, right? Ken can technically kara shoryu with f.mk, even though it’s difficult. Then, you can also technically kara any normal, even though most normals don’t give any rewards for doing such. So then it struck me.

J.hk > c.mk xx kara ultra.

It made so much sense in my head at the time. Just do the target combo, but kara the f.mp into an ultra. I figured…

(charge):db:, :mk:, :df::db:, :uf:+:mp: ~ :lk::mk::hk:

Anyways, I was just really upset when I found out this didn’t work. It doesn’t look like you can kara from a cancelled or chained normal. I tried to interupt the target combo with a simple throw and it wasn’t cutting it. Guile’s f.mp also HAS to be done with strait forward… a variant like df or uf won’t work, which would make the motion for it rediculously hard.

Just wanted to share that interesting story. If anyone else wants to fiddle around with that, be my guest… I might have missed something.

Tried it as:

:db: … :db:+:mk: :r:+:mp::df::d::db::l::ub:+ THREE KINGS

Looks like pressing the :mp: late won’t yield the target combo, so it needs to be done on the forward input. :confused:

EDIT:

Also tried:
:db: … :db:+:mk::d::df::d::db::r:+:mp::uf:+ THREE KINGS

No dice. Nice angle though, sailor.

PS:
Gilley should definitely weigh in on this one though - let the execution master have a crack (if he thinks it’s possible).

Ya, I’d definately like gilley to weigh in on it, although I’m 99% sure this is a dead end road. Like I said I tried just interupting the target combo’s f.mp with a throw and it didn’t work. I even made sure with input display on. A kara throw f.mp would show…

:r::lp::lk::mp:
:r::mp:

So my display with the target combo would end up being…

:r::lp::lk::mp:
:r::mp:
:df:
:d::mk:

When I did this, the f.mp would never get interupted and the target combo would follow through as normal. So, unless there’s some hidden rule that you can ultra there but not throw… ya.

But after I thought this thing up, I had trouble sleeping, haha. Just the thought of jumping over a fireball into a meterless, range non-dependant ultra got me all giddy.

EDIT

A possible solution to the f.mp ~ KKK input issue might be…

:db: … :db:+:mk: :df::d::db::uf::r:+:mp:~:lk::mk::hk:

Double the edit…

Man… hitting mp ~ KKK would be hard as hell. How would you even do that with a standard six button layout…? Middle finger on mp then smack your entire upper palm on KKK?

actually not it isn’t, if you do it in the corner it works on anyone

FA3 keeps them standing upright longer. (don’t know the frames for any of them)
FA3 is also the only Focus that has Armor properties.
I never really paid much attention to the Armor part, but its good to know.

/

lvl3 FA causes a longer hit reaction. This is why lvl3 FA > dash > backbreaker is easier than lvl2 FA. There’s also super armor on the strike.

Nope. This is why you can’t do things like chain c.jab > c.jab > c.jab > FK or SB. You can’t kara chained normals. In ST you could.

So what your asking is would it be possible to hit with c.forward and then start to do the overhead, but then kara cancel this to the ultra?

The first thing I usually do to figure out a combo or whatever is to break it down into simple terms. Instead of trying to kara to ultra, why not try kara to SB or FK. I will try and play around with this combo over the weekend. I don’t have too much time lately because I’m stuck at work finishing up GoW3.

It’s hard to tell if this combo will work or not. When it comes to kara, I think anything could happen. Look at all the kara stuff from the older SF games.

There’s one kara trick I started to work on but never finished. It involves punishing a blocked Blanka ball with dash > ultra. If you try this, you’ll notice that Guile just barely misses with the ultra. If you could just get a little more range it might just hit him. So I thought you could dash > kara ultra with strong punch. Unfortunately this requires crazy execution skills. Now that I have the PC version, I might download a macro program(Autohotkey) and test this out.

I’ve discovered that when you start doing the motion for the ultra/super, you have 26 frames to complete it or you lose the charge. So the timing to do dash > s.strongXXkaraXX ultra would be really tight. Here’s the numbers I’m thinking…

dash input- 2 frames for f,f
dash animation - 19 frames

that’s 21 frames, leaving you with 5 frames to get that s.strong punch to kara and complete the ultra motion.

If you’ve been playing around with his s.strong, you’ll know that it can be used(kara) with his FA to add alot of extra range to it. So it should be able to add range to his ultra. So yeah, it would make a great punish for a blocked Blanka ball if it’s possible. I just wish I had the time to test this.

The motion I’m thinking is charge db, f, f, db, N+strong, uf+KKK

has anyone noticed that linking a flashkick after a c.lp is kind of easier than c.lp c.mp link?

Im not all good with frame data so I was wondering if c.lp c.lp ~ HK Flash kick was 2 frames or 1 frame.

Not totally sure, but that has more to do with how you time the c.lp’s as far as I know. Mashing them as if you were chaining them doesn’t work, it has to be more rhythmic. Learned that through attempting to learn how to play Fei Long haha.

ah, i didnt know you meant it as a corner combo

forgot to say that
:stuck_out_tongue:

They are both one frame links

i think jab -> jab is harder than jab -> strong because you cant plink it =[

i think vega’s: c.lp*n -> c.mp is like the hardest link because you can’t plink the jabs lol. Once i started using plinking for all of my links 1 frame jab links seemed much harder than 1 frame other button links

strong is mp, right? So how would you kara mp -> fa?

Don’t tell me I missed another thread with useful shit in it.

I dont mean linking the lp from another lp

I mean linking a flashkick after a low punch c.lp c.lp c.lp ~ Flash kick

Instead of pressing mp+mk you would do mp~mk.

its like pressing them at the same time but you just press the medium punch slightly earlier

Oh, still 1 frame.

c.lp, c.mp, and flash kick have 4 frame start ups.

gotta practice the late FK > Super, it seems to be pretty useful to know it so thanks for mentioning it. The same motion applies to Street Fighter EX (ithink) but have to wait until my brother repairs the XBOX

Ehh… I think the only time it’s genuinely useful to hit an intentional late FK is if you are planning to ultra after. Late FKs can still trade which sort of nullifies the 70 extra damage you get off of hitting the FK. The startup on the super already has an outstanding startup, so it’s pretty easy to hit a standalone deep LK super pretty easily. If you are going for any of the other followups like EX boom or EX flashkick you may as well just wait a little bit longer and hit a deep AA EX flashkick for guaranteed damage and a guaranteed no-trade situation.

I think it’s ok to set up a flashkick > ultra juggle in some scenarios such as the one gilley mentioned earlier in his match against viper. It’s also been discussed quite a bit that the ultra can be rather hard to sweet spot as an anti-air, with tendencies to whiff many hits, whiff the entire second kick, or mistime it and have it blocked.

So that focus attack video does not work for me anymore… I had to make this list myself.
I have probably missed some ideal follow ups against some characters.

Ideal meter free level 2 FA follow ups:
s.HP, FK(HK) (288 dmg, 450 stun) - everyone, but kinda hard to do off a level 2 focus
b/f.HK, s.HP, SB(LP), f.HP (350 dmg, 580 stun) - sim
b/f.HK, s.HP, SB (290 dmg, 480 stun)- akuma, chun, fei, ken, ryu
b/f.HK, c.MP, SB(LP), f.HP (315 dmg, 510 stun) - blanka, boxer, gen*, honda
b/f.HK, c.MP, SB, s.HK (310 dmg, 510 stun) - boxer, guile, honda, rufus
b/f.HK, c.MP, SB (255 dmg, 410 stun)- cammy, rose
b/f.HK, c.MP, SB, walk a step forward~c.HK (310 dmg, 510 stun) - claw**
b/f.HK, c.LK, s.LP, s.HP (275 dmg, 475 stun) - abel, dan, dict, elf, gen, gief, gouken, seth, sagat, sakura, viper
b/f.HK, s.LP, SB(LP), f.HP (280 dmg, 475 stun) - abel, sagat, seth

• this combo is pretty strict against gen. The b/f.HK must be done the frame you recover from the dash, and you must walk forward before hitting f.HP

** screw this combo. Only added it for documentation purposes. Way too difficult, use the c.LK, s.LP, s.HP combo instead.

Here is the combo from guiles hard trails:
b/f.HK, c.LP, c.MP, FK(HK) (319 dmg, 505 stun) - abel, akuma, blanka, cammy, chun, claw, dict, fei, gen, gief, gouken, honda, rose, sagat, seth, sim
b/f.HK, c.LP, c.MP, FK(any) (274 dmg, 450 stun)*** - boxer, dan, elf, guile, ken, ryu, sakura, viper

*** less damage to certain characters because the FK is too far away to deal its full damage.

Ideal meter free level 3 FA follow ups:
b/f.HK, s.HP, SB (350 dmg, 530 stun)- blanka, cammy, dan, guile, rose, viper
b/f.HK, s.LP, S.HP, S.HP (382 dmg, 615 stun)- abel, gief, sagat

Additional Notes:

• Any combo that ends in a SB can be changed to an ex SB to add 30 damage and 30 stun.
  • Any combo that ends in a SB can be followed with a sweep, F.HP, or B.HP when done in the corner.
  • Any combo that ends in a SB can be dash canceled into sweep for a knockdown and 55 more dmg, and 100 more stun.
  • To determine the dmg/stun any of the level 2 combos would do with a level 3 FA just add 60 dmg and 50 stun.

Damn, good writeup. Did you self test all of those combos that ended in c.lp > c.mp xx flashkick? If so I have to give you some props on your execution skills. Those would take awhile to do on every character. I know blitz did a similair writeup as well as I think gilley, did you compare notes?

Once my ship pulls back in and I can watch videos again I’ll make a final check and edit this in the original post.

Thanks! I’m glad someone appreciated it :wgrin:

Yes, I went through and did/tried every follow up against every character. I did not see or reference any other posts for this write up. Some of the combos work against more characters than I mentioned but I did not add their names because there is no point in using said combos against said characters. I spent 2 hours on this post…

I’m 99% sure I’ve missed ideal follow ups against certain characters, if someone finds a better follow up let me know~