Guile Combo/Tech Thread: Do Your Best

I can’t see any reason to end an FK motion anywhere except :uf:

You can do:
CH f.mk, c.lp, c.lp xx FK
What I found is that you have to hit deep enough to link the second c.lp, if you are too far and can only hit one light punch the flash kick appears to whiff. Guess in that case you should end with a boom.

Just looking at Dantarion’s hitbox data - s.mk is legit AA. Guile’s hurtbox drops under the hitbox and the hitbox extends from his foot to his face. FK is obviously still the best AA option, but like SF4, s.mk is your workhorse normal AA when you don’t have charge.

Edit: http://watissf.dantarion.com/sf5/boxdox/#v1_3/A16-5MK-5 - wind it forward 1f. phoo, boy!

it’s a male character, sako won’t touch Guile

Sako played E.Ryu didn’t he?

Handy way to get used to UDK application.

Edit: follow-up: https://twitter.com/drizorus/status/726043171356975104

Why can’t i link f HK after a jump in HK?..is 16 frames start up and landing a jHK should be around +20 right?

For what it’s worth, I just found out EX Sonic Boom combos into EX Flash Kick in the corner. Looks like he already has a lot of high damage corner combos, but I thought I should mention this in case it proves useful at all!

…Nevermind i see now that UDK is only + 3 on hit…trying to use SF IV (or was it SF x Tekken?..) combos…day one stupidity

Probably known already, but V-Skill Boom puts them into juggle state. V-Skill LP Boom -> dash -> df+HK, HK FK xx CA does 472 anywhere on screen, 506 with V-Trigger. Might be good in a midrange projectile fight

Does that meaty f.HK setup work against both quick rise and back roll?

Let’s not get overly excited about corner combos following a boom and/jump in fp or hk. They really ain’t practical. Guile is real fun though. Curious how the old Guile mains work with him.

Tried against Rashid wake up jab it does counter on quick get up.
Also back get up need to delay a lil bit if they try to jab it get’s countered also.

This probably isn’t very relevant or impressive with the 40+ hit combos, but off of crush counter st.fp in the corner you can lk. flash kick -> ex. flash kick.

Guile looking really good. Looking. Haven’t touched him yet. Seems like he does more damage

or just double lk. flash kick

Some awesome tech from PAN

https://youtu.be/amhcvaisGQ4

I really like that last guide, super helpful. But most of what I’m seeing in this thread is ridiculous training mode only combos using resources and or situations I’ll personally probably never have in match. Full super full v trigger in corner crush counter combos aren’t really of interest to me, as dope as they are. Anyone have a list of some practical bnbs that I should be burning into my muscle memory? Like reliable not too crazy confirms? No or low resource cc set ups, mid screen stuff? Trying to keep the assumption that I’m saving my meter for the invincible reversals so preferably avoiding spending more than 1 stock. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks fellas