Guard Breaks/unblockable/crossups

As i’ve gotten better and spent hours and hours in the practice room and arcade, i’ve noticed that some opponents have NO FEAR of coming in when their other characters die. In tournaments people are scared to do anything when they come in. You got unblocks and guard breaks and all kind of things that can happen when you come in. I thought we should have an easy place to get all that info for us average players so that when someone comes in after dying they can have that fear too. I’ll start with one of my favorites with storm.

MSP/MSS

character dies>new character comes in> j.lp+psylocke>character blocks… unblocks>psylocke hits> launch

Try these with Storm too:

GBs

(Midscreen) SjxxAD/F, lp (pause) (float) lk,lk, LAx2xxLS

(Wall) Sj. lk AD/D (whiff something to land) nj. lk+MagPA, lk, RH (land) s.RH

(Either) Sj. lk, AD/F, lk,lk, LAx2xxLS

Cross-ups

(Either) Make opponent land on horizontal LA on initial jump in.

(Midscreen) Sj. Horizontal LA towards jump in, go back as soon as they cross youXXLS

(Midscreen) Sj. AD/DF (cross) lk (land) n.jump lk+mags, lk, RH (land) dash s.RH

unblockable?

is part of sotrms lightning attack unblockable?

isn’t that a crossup?

no idea, but i have seen it used more than a few times so i figured there is something about it.

yeah, i think it’s just a crossup, but there’s no 100% way to determine which direction it will hit. it’s a 50/50

in some instances it might unblockable?

I still love the sj.hk, addf.lk lk LA LA LS guard break in the corner…it’s fool proof.

i’ve been thrown out of that. and i think ironman and cable can do something with jab to get out.

my favorite is still sj.lp xx LA xx LS

i’ve never had that one fail.

i was thinking if storms LA was unblockable.? because i have seen mags unblockable and i was surprised!!

mag’s unblockable?

wtf is this 2005? only cable, sentinel, and doom have an unblockable attack. magneto can dash under sent and s.hp which is unblockable in the corner, but i think it only works on sentinel and juggernaut. i really don’t think there’s any other unblockables in the game. there are some random ass crossups, like lightening attack, but no unblockables.

actually i beleived the same thing for a while, but turns out that they are, but not in the same way sent and dooms are. The hit box is so big for the fierce and roundhouse that mags hitbox is on both sides.

But most of those types of unblockables are character specific.

oh. so where cable/doom/sent’s unblockables, the game actually prevents you from blocking because it thinks there’s nothing there, the other ones hit on both sides?

it is definitely character specific though, because i know that storm’s LA can be blocked by certain characters (eg. cable) and other characters it’s always a crossup. the others, i thought it was just random. weird.

thanks josh, i stand corrected.

no problem J, you goin to any tourneys in the immediate future?

whaddabout mags c.hk unblockableness?

i was thinking the same

i was thinking the same

it’s like with sent, if u arnt blocking during the frirst part of the slide, u wont block the ending, but it is only one hit, so i dont know maybe i am wrong

it’s on everyone I thought?

only ones with wide hitboxes.

and josh, nope… sorry.

in what scenarios? landing on it? waking up on it?