Greetings!

I’ve tried playing that way and it felt so unnatural. Honestly, the only reason I got the MadCatz PC Bundle was because it was cheap and came controller ready. :razzy:

What other posters have said, ignore the insecure douches with hatemail, you’ll get there. Sounds like you’re already learning one of his vital games, hit and run. Dashing for footsies and to adjust spacing in your favor. About HK Danku it does cover distance nicely, but it’s risky so you don’t want to use it too often to close in. The only reliant way to use it is in a combo (obviously), punishing FAs, and punishing teleporters on wake up. Lk Danku is your main source of anything, from pressure to mind games. It also can stuff certain wake ups like shoryuken. Air lk Danku can punish ALOT of AAs. If you koryuken as an AA you’ll most likely trade with your opponent, if you do trade follow up with an HK Danku. Gadouken especially EX, is a decent poke pressure tool in the corner. Back throw is a great tool to allow more pressure, mix ups, and mind games. Any knockdown that they don’t tech you can cross up with MK Danku to build up meter, and create more shedanigans. Lastly watch this dan.

http://zoome.jp/saikyooo/movie_list/

Here’s some other videos to help your Dan game.
[media=youtube]0-olcFlqTdg[/media]
http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaosBerSerKer25#play/favorites/16/cZ8xsbFUcM8

Once you post your vids we can help criticize your Dan and give more specific tips too.

I’m actually watching Hibiki San’s newest video as I type this. He is truly a master at the Saikyo arts. I’ve been trying to find strategies and help guides but so far SRK is the only reliable source of information. That and I’m sure I haven’t found much because everyone seems to play as Sagat or the Shoto’s.

I just downloaded Fraps tonight and will have some videos up of my “noon-er” tomorrow. I’m sure I will get better with each day that passes and with each video I watch!

Best response to this is “You’ll never squash the Saikyo spirit!” or something like that :stuck_out_tongue: Kudos to whoever mentioned that a while back :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the problem is that you’re using punches when should be using kicks for Dankuu :stuck_out_tongue: But seriously there’s nothing wrong with using HK version, if you get them in then you’re capitalizing on the damage, just don’t throw a lot of them out from half way across the screen, best used in conjuction with a jump in combo.

Going for the throw afterwards is a good option I think, it’s what I usually do and most “mashers” usually don’t try mashing out a dragon punch, if anything it’s probably a c.HK which is slow and no doubt gets beaten by the throw (at least I’ve never been c.HK’d after one :P). If they start jabbing you then there’s always Kouryuken or back dashing.

If you’re not using LK Dankuu (AKA Dan Knee AKA Knee of Justice) a lot then that’s something you should add more to your game, I can’t stress enough how awesome that move is. EX Dankuu as well, great move and quite possibly the best use of your meter (besides Legendary Taunt obviously :P). Back dash ~> EX Dankuu is a powerful tool in Dan’s arsenal :slight_smile:

Good luck, keep the Saikyo spirit strong! :slight_smile:

Well, no videos today. I got on and for some reason, didn’t feel like playing. I’ll see how I feel later tonight.

I have a feeling that I’m going to be giving up soon. I can’t win against anyone, period!

I recorded some matches but deleted for fear of a constant razzing.

I can’t even do a simple knee of justice on command. If I don’t get an arcade stick soon, instead of this crappy Madcatz bullshit, I’m going to go insane.

What system are you on? 360 or PC if you can find a Hori EX2 it’s a pretty cheap stick and good value for money, I value it better than the standard edition Madcatz Fight Stick. Hori Real Arcade Pro for PS3 is pretty good from what I’ve heard but it is quite expensive (I think), not sure if there’s a cheap Hori stick for PS3.

I am currently on the PC version of the game.

My only alternative will to be to save for a week or two and just order one from either Ecksnine or somewhere else.

I’m selling a dual modded stick, interested at all? :lol:

Also I’d love to play against you, I’ve got the PC version as well.

Add me. My name Tag is the same as my SN here.

I’m having trouble with the 3rd Hard Challenge.

EX Gadou >> Shippo Buraiken

Does anyone have any tips? I guess the timing has to be really fast. I’ve tried so much that my thumbs are raw.

You mean Shissou Buraiken :slight_smile: Spacing is everything, push them into the corner then do it from 1/2 to 2/3 of screen away from them.

You can actually be too fast on execution so it won’t come out at all, something like:

QCF+PP, pause, QCFx2+PPP (hammer it 2-3 times just to be sure)

But like I said, it’s all down to spacing really :slight_smile:

Push Target Dan into the corner. Jump back once.

Then you should be at the right distance.

Cool beans. Thanks guys. Yes, I meant Shissou :smiley:

I’ll try it in a bit as soon as I get in a relaxed mode.

Dude, I am perfectly fine using a saturn controller and the MC fightpad. the problem I think is with your ability to execute, the worst thing you can think is your execution problems will disappear once you get a stick, its still going to take practice.

all about spacing, not speed. Thats why this is a very impractical setup for ultra in a real fight. even if you can nail the spacing every single time in a real fight, you are basically praying they dont block the gado, because you essentially have to have the SBK input just as its hitting.

I understand. Timing is key as I have learned. :shy:

I executed the 3rd Hard Trial after a few tries on getting the spacing down. The 4th isn’t too hard. I should have it by tonight. :woot:

I am getting used to playing with the pad though. My thumbs are starting to callus up and it’s becoming more natural. I guess I just wasn’t giving the pad enough time, seeing as how I’ve been playing with arcade sticks my whole life.

SBK? Shissou BuraiKen? Heh, never heard it that way before :slight_smile:

“shissou” means “spirit”, quite fitting for the Saikyo master :slight_smile:

Oh about the stick, if you’ve been comfortable with it in the past try and seek one out to practice on, a friend’s or whatever so you’ll be able to know how comfortable you’ll be with it before buying one :slight_smile:

I finally did the 4th and 5th Hard Trials today! I’m so proud of myself :looney::rock:

They weren’t all that hard. I think the hardest part for the 4th was the timing from the EX Gadouken >> Focus Cancel >> HP xx HK Danku. The 5th was a little easier to me, but I still had to be very quick with the Level 2 Focus.