Greater Cleveland area

I noticed a post about a year old an figured I’d make a new one for Greater Cleveland. Just getting into fighting games myself and would love to meet some fellow fans and have others to play with/against. If there are still some active people/ groups post here or PM me. Currently I’m in Lakewood and am learning SSF4ae and KoFXIII if anyone is curious.

goddamn this is the first time ive checked srk in literally months. check the fb groups because no one uses this site anymore. cleveland beer x videogames and console combat are the northeastern ohio fightman game groups where youll find most of us. anyways, we got two weeklies on the west side of cleveland. one on mondays at eddy & iggy’s in lakewood, and another at a dude’s house on wednesday’s in ohio city. most played games are tekken/kof/sf4, but we got players for pretty much anything. hit us up on fb

Hey there person who looked for the Cleveland Fighting game discussion and found this! Here’s some updates on places to match up in Cleveland.

Facebook Groups to join:

Midwest Fighting Game Community

Cleveland Video Games

Weeklies:
Monday Nights at the SideQuest bar
Chris Hatala (Ghaleon) of GDL Ent. hosts
MARIO MONDAYS:

Everyone monday console Fighting games at Side Quest bar in Lakewood. Smash, 3rd strike, USF4, and others

Warp Wednesdays hosted by GDL Ent.
http://gdlent.com/warpwednesdays/
Mostly Smash, but also some Super Turbo and others etc.

There are some other weeklies in the works, feel free to email me if you need more info or etc! And feel free to add me on Xbox live and we can play Ultra SF4, 3rd strike or UMK3
xbox: @eyoh_AJAX‌
Alexhcantrell@gmail.com

Hey thanks for the comment. I live right near the Side Quest and made it out for one event. Need to make it out for some more. I’m pretty sure my Xbox live ID is Zulganaraf so feel free to add me there. I’ve been looking to pick up 3rd Strike for some time and need to get back into USFIV as well so someone to train with would be helpful. Thanks for the reply. Do you make it out to The Side Quest often?

Thanks as well for the comment Alex, as a result I’ve made it out to the Side Quest for the last 3 mondays. I know there are other weeklies, but having a place to go play 3S, USF4, and GGXrd is damn cool. KOF XIII too.

Steam/PSN name is Belegorm, if anyone wants to play anything online.

It sucks that you have to be 21+ to go to the sidequest bar though. I wish I could be an exception.

Hey folks just thought I’d mention that this Saturday at the Cleveland Public Library at 10 in the morning there’s going to be what’s a hopefully big gaming event, and the focus will be on fighting games (not tournament games, but casuals). There are other gatherings that happen in the area that are less formal and that aren’t in bars, so meeting people in person at this event would be a good chance to meet people and get some games in. I’m going to try and bring UNIEL if I can.
FB page for this event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1539394862987412/
There’s also an actual tournament happening in Erie this Saturday, I know someone going to it.

Also next Saturday, on March 14th there is going to be an actual legit tournament for the area, officially with USF4, UMvC3, KOFXIII, 3S, ST, Melee, and Smash 4. I want to attempt to get some kind of UNIEL tournament going if I can garner some support.
Web page for this event: http://gdlent.com/clash/

There also will be yet another tournament coming up on March 28th, I don’t know/remember the details at the moment.

If you want more info on the Cleveland scene, (which is kind of deceptively big, kind of hard to get a grasp on it), the FB groups Cleveland Videogames, and 5 Frames of Glory, are where to go. More importantly, show up to events in the area! If nothing else, the prospect of ST on an arcade board at Mario Mondays at the Side Quest should hopefully entice you.