Godzilla: King of the Monsters May 2019.Trailer out!

this is a reboot to bring Godzilla to America again…or it could be a loose sequel in the same effect the Millennium series had.
But the point is, its a new american production. I dont think anyone in this thread has bitched about this reboot. Everyone seems to be anticipating the new movie

and hell naw do i consider King Kong god tier…Godzilla straight up owned him until the very end when Kong got powered up by the storm…and even then, it was still fairly even. Kong put big hits on Godzilla but godzilla brushed them off like nothing

I loved that line “Everybody knows King Kong gets stronger with electricity.”

Eh what???

King Kong shit was retarded from the beginning. They aren’t even relatively the same size. Godzilla knocked over huge skyscrapers, King Kong was only a few stories high and could climb on one. So even to make him big enough to give Godzilla a competitive fight, they had to increase his size like he just magically grew or grabbed a Super Mushroom.

& yeah the ‘lightning makes him stronger’ thing which made no sense. Shit was weak. Kong could of only took on really low tier G villains like Kamakuras or the Spider, maybe Gorasaurus.

^This.

I never understood how he could fight godzilla when he climbed buildings and shit. Godzilla stands at the same height as them.

One more thing…am I the only one who wants to see Gamera vs Godzilla!!! Gamera is a fuckin beast!

I think i’d rather see Gamera vs one of the gargantuas (or frankenstein if you wanna get technical lol)

I dont want to take sides in a Gamera vs Godzilla match lol…but someday it WILL happen. Japan cant duck that matchup forever. Believe it

LMAO…Kamacuras is the most pathetic monster to show up in the Godzilla series. Kumonga (the spider) could probably STILL give kong a run for his money. Kumonga is no joke!

and Kong DID fight Gorosaurus in “King Kong Escapes”…it basically the same thing as Kong’s dinosaur fight

I too clicked on this thread thinking it was the game

Cyber woooooooooooo!!

Gamera vs Godzilla would have been fucking awesome, even though Gamera is obviously a blatant ripoff. [media=youtube]B-UACM_8q_Q[/media]

still not as good as [media=youtube]7cxV8Bf8ND4&feature=related[/media]…which needs to be Adons theme song.

Anywho everybody knows they had to change the Kong stats. King Kong was like 30 feet tall if I recall (too lazy to google it), compared to Godzilla being about 120 feet tall, and obviously had to be changed for GvKK. Mind you, Godzilla changed size a half dozen times as well. Man you bastards are gonna make me have to dig through my boxes of junk to find my Zilla books. But yeah, his size pretty much doubled by Final Wars. Either way King Kong vs Godzilla had some fucking amazing fight scenes in it, and beautiful scenery (that giant castle getting fucked up at the end always stood out for me).

I think they just need to realize that in order to make a good movie, they just need to make sure to show him as often as possible (none of this hiding in the background shit, or only showing his foot or tail for most of the movie). And he needs to burn EVERYTHING. A fight vs another monster makes sense (ie Mecha/Cyber/whatever Godzilla), but thats kinda hard to setup in a regular movie, without seeming dumb or forced.

Also, if they wanna deal with killing him, I always thought it would be interesting to show what would happen if they Godzilla got nuked. I know it created him, but man…I was always curious as a kid. Would lead to a great sequel.

nuking godzilla + a 500x size increase

woah, i need to own that immediately, where can i buys that?

while looking for a good Godzilla desktop background, I found this awesome picture

Still would like to find a better desktop though :frowning:

you can buy it from this guy. 400$

Sad to say, but the best recent monster movies would have to be the first two of three Gamera movies from the 1990s.

A new Gamera movie came out a couple of years ago and it was fucking atrocious.

what about Cloverfield?

Who was Godzilla’s greatest foe?

For strength and consistency it would have to be Ghidrah or MechaGodzilla. No enemies are even close.

Ghidora, MechaGodzilla are definitely tops on that list…any Hollywood movie that features Godzilla battling another monster, HAS TO BE ONE OF THESE TWO. I would personally go with Mech first (world can’t stop Godzilla so they build a giant machine to fucks him up), then do something zany like have people ban weapons testing on earth, so they weapons test on Mars, thus creating Ghidora. Also, bring back Mecha King Ghidorah.

oddly enough, Mothra deserves to be there too, as Mothra was a fucking defensive behemoth (she could neutralize Godzilla’s breath weapon, use webbing to immobilize him, and just plain fuck shit up if necessary).

Gigan also. Laugh all you want, but Gigan was a great adversary. Maybe not even close for power, but usually Gigan loved to jump in on fights then run away scared afterwards.

Anguirus = Godzilla’s best friend lol

ooc, anybody know why there are different spellings for Ghidora/Ghidorah/King Ghidorah?

edit: [media=youtube]okeXIuUWKuQ[/media]

I will however stand by their #1 decision. Gigan kicked so much fucking ass. Gotta love a monster that don’t need hands

Godliza vs the 50 Foot women, you know you want to see it

Destroyah

couldn’t even beat a dying Godzilla :frowning:

also, can the rebooted movie PLEASE feature a Dr Sarizawa decendant???

maybe because he was super Godzila 2k10

lol destroyah was pretty pathetic…he had like…ONE moment where he was dealing sick damage to godzilla (slicing him up with his horn)…but other than that, Godzilla raped that fool

and like SoVi3t said, godzilla was fuckin dying.

Hell, the super X3 managed to obliterate Destroyah’s wings like nothing…not even Mechagodzilla 2 could blow holes through Fire Rodans wings hahaha