Glitch King

Yea, Venom is the glitch king.

I agree, I’ve been messing around with him for a while. Still haven’t come up with anything great yet, but Venom/BB Hood is fun…

When playing MvC2 you have to take into account the assist structure of the opponent’s team, identify the character you think will cause the most problems, and design your team to dismantle both. If I were to play Venom, it would be in something like Venom, Sentinel, Cyclops, / Venom, Sentinel, Jin, / Venom, Sentinel, Capcom, etc… There are other options like Venom-Doom-b, and Venom Spiral-a though that are okay.

I must warn you in advance that I don’t use Venom much at all.
1]Venom can dash under the EM Disrupter Assist
=It’s not much, I know, but the fact is that many Cables use this as one of their assists means you can conceivably dash under it, and hit Cable with a ducking lp into the likes of Cyclops, or stop just short of scimitar range and counter assist against him since he might be opened. If it’s blocked, his assist has been hit, so you can easily cover yours at the range you’ll be at.
-This means that it isn’t out of the question for someone to do something like this.
=I’m thinking…
-Jin-b [destroy his assist, then dash in and throw him, guardbreak him if he’s in the air, dash under him, etc…,]
-Cyclops-b [sets up the Venom Web as doing the kick super on a cornered foe is a waste of damage.
-The second he stops calling assists and attempts to bait yours out, throw and kill him off a DHC into Sentinel.

2]Venom’s Punch Throw is A Capture Move that ignites combos.
=Again, this isn’t much. In a world of Triangle jumping Magnetos, and runaway Storms, it may not be of much use, but it’s there.
-You can grab someone, call an assist possibly, and combo into it causing them to eat a super.
=I’m thinking…
-Sentinel-y [Throw, Call Sentinel, do a combo (some of Venom’s normals are multi hit) and Venom Web. Then DHC in Sentinel and devastate the character…]

I guess my thought processes are more based on combos into supers, and trying to add firepower to characters. I know he’s a decent character. Just don’t know much else about him. A friend of mine when I lived in Calgary knew an unblockable kill combo via DHCs. I’m not sure what setup it was. Based on his teams back then it was probably something like a combo into Samurai’s Reimeken into, Power-Soul [Thanos],. That or a sick DHC ending in Juggernaut.

Sorry I couldn’t help more.

Hmm, sorry dude, I was refering to The Venom/BB. Hood glitch. BB. Hood up there is like a glitch master, hence the title of his thread, “Venom is the glitch king.” I was hoping he would come back and post.

In case you don’t know, to do the Venom/BB. Hood glitch use Venom and do Venom Web, then DHC to Beautiful Memory while the opponent is still in the web and her super will glitch and display incorrectly.

Edit: A small one I found the other day is to do call Iron Man-AA (epulsor Blast) and instantly do Venom Web. If you do Venom will fall out of his super and the opponent will wobble around in the air untill the Repulsor Blast leaves the screen.

I was responding to your statement of not finding anything good with Venom unaware of the glitch. I only partially study those. Thanks for the stuff on the glitch.

I wonder if it is possible to engineer a team that has the ability to kill a character off Venom’s throw via combo to assist, to DHC with Venom, BB Hood, character X. I’m thinking Thanos or Juggernaut-a here. Not sure though. He’d have to either have a throw into assist, or a combo to assist for this to work. If you can test that, that would be interesting.

I’m not sure if Venom/BB. Hood is a good team to use, but the glitch is fun.

Hmm, I’m not sure, if you’re going to do the glitch you miss most of the damage on Venom’s super, so killing an opponent might be tough… Although yeah, Juggernaught would be a good choice, maybe with the Juggernaught glitch it might be easier…

The reason why I said Thanos is because if I land a combo that results in a DHC, I can hit with 1-2 power balls, then link soul, then DHC out. Essentially with Thanos, every DHC becomes a 5 super combo. Let me give you an example here without Venom…

Storm-a, Sam-a, Thanos-a[I think. I hope it’s the capture projectile]
Launch, lp, lk, lightning attack, lightning storm, DHC, Reimeken [mash for damage], DHC Thanos Powerball, Link the Soul super [yes they can be linked and it will combo], DHC Lightning Storm or Hail.
-UNIT DESTROYED [Sentinel is dead]

would it be rise to do a venom reset from mid screen(j.fp land d.lk,mk xx qcf kk, dash up fp grab lk, mk+doom anti air assist venom web DHC into thanos power xx into soul???

That should work. Not sure though, as my Dreamcast recently broke. I’m trying to either get it fixed or acquire another one. I can’t see it not working.

The question now is if with the bridge tactic [DHC Thanos Power, linking soul, DHC in Doom] will deal a killing blow to your opponent. In the combo I showed you, it was a straight kill EVEN ON SENTINEL.

Using a reset is probably a better way to go if you wish to conserve your meter, but if you hit a Sentinel, meter is no object as long as he dies. It’s just too important to kill Sentinel than it is to kill literally any other character in the game.

does that all even combo? since after the qcf+kk sends them into fly screen and by the time you get to them they can get up safely? i know you are goin for a reset but i dont think youll make it in time to throw them for the second combo.