Getting in with Magneto

I’ve just started to use magneto and i have most of his loop combos down but i just have one problem…I suck at creating effective ways to get in with him and actually start his combos. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks.

Highly dependent on which assists you have. Aside from that, well timed Tri jumps, empty tri jumps (like quick little dashes), careful dashing, sj Magnetic Blast then addf, box jump MH, and lastly… don’t go in, zone with Disruptah and Blast. I’m sure there are more that don’t take assists into account, but there are many more that do.

If were to be playing Mag just by himself I’d say the best thing to do is just to sj. xx fly. then ad df/uf across screen. Once you’re close, to about a distance of a single dash, dash back and forward and wait for assists and bait them accordingly to whom your opponent is using. Use l.disruptor and ahvb motion with h.disruptor (this usually keeps them grounded because of the sj cancel). As soon as their dumb enough to assist dash in and do whatever mix up you please. Super jump and Blast if you feel like they’re gaining momentum towards you and sj. fly ad ub/db then switch to df/uf. Rinse, Wash, and Repeat.

Beware of characters who can grab you out of the air and throw you into a hyper combo tho.

Hope this helps.

I’m dumb enough.

When playing with Magneto what I usually do is I put myself in a MvC2 mindset of just rush that shit down.

assists, magblasts and get in dat ass!

That’s pretty much what magneto should be doing in most cases. He can lame it out if he so chooses.

Random hyper grabs

dont know where to post this but can someone let me know how to do that QUICK zig-zag dash with magneto

during flight mode, just keep dashing in a different direction that the one you dashed in before. so you’d be doing:

:df:+:atk::atk: > :uf+:atk::atk: > :df:+:atk::atk: > :uf+:atk::atk: > :df:+:atk::atk: > :uf+:atk::atk: > etc

Either that or use plink dashing which is pressing the two dash buttons in succession, with a small interval between them, so dash, instead of doing them simultaneously.

Direction + :h:~:m: > Direction + :h:~:m: > Direction + :h:~:m: > Direction + :h:~:m: > etc.

uf= up forward right? see I do that but I cant get it to work how I want it to.

@STREEX: I think what your problem that you’re having is that you are inputting the dash too slow because otherwise if you were doing it too fast, then you’d be getting either random tempest or an awkward dash motion.

What I’ve done to perfect this flight pattern was that I went into training mode and practiced the flight pattern Kanta posted, but performed it albeit slow and then worked up to inputting faster dashes doing this exact same setup

So all you have to do now is practice dashing slow and then work your way up to faster movements. Hopes this bromagnus

I was wondering the proper way to get those fast air dashes. I been trying to figure it out to get it smoothly and consistently.

Thanks for this tip i always was wondering what i was doing wrong when i would get disruptors or tempests while dashing. time to hit the lab once again

yeah I mean up forward. I find it good practice to think of trajectories and trying to replicate them. So sometimes I’d be doing diamonds in the air, zigzags or stuff like Z/S’s and stuff.

Thanks for the help I been working long hours so haven’t hit the lab… 1 more question if you all don’t mind me asking, on the hyper grab corner loop I have trouble with the super jump part. I hit down up down Hp really quick and get nothing, can’t seem to get the Hp before I hit the ground to do the follow up Hp. Any advice is appreciated that’s the only combo I cant get to work.

try to sj a bit higher before you do the airdash down fierce.

So my input is correct I just need to delay it?

I think so. you’re doing this right?
[L hypergrav xx SJ uf, add h, land, h] xN
you can do quite a few different dirctions with the sj and ad but I believe this version is optimal.