Get to know a negro BETTER!: A Tragedy

Vanilla had had a security hole unfixed since SRK moved to Vanilla. Accounts abandoned before a previous board switch (such as the dead Soy Sauce account) got taken over by the “Unknown” placeholder account since those abandoned accounts no longer existed. The hole is that bots could log in as “Unknown” and edit these abandoned posts to be spam posts.

Last night, SRK was updated and this hole got fixed. All compromised posts apparently were deleted. All non-compromised posts are now written by “System”.

Unfortunately, Mandel’s Soy Sauce post to start the “Get to know a negro BETTER!” thread in August 2003 was one of the affected posts (and had previously been compromised by a bot last week before I restored it). Since it was marked as compromised, it got deleted in last night’s board upgrade… and the entire thread is now evidently unrecoverably gone.

The old URL was here:

Last known version:

Damn :frowning:

Last known version:

wow i havent logged onto this site in a few years. sad that the thread is gone tho…

I just wanna cry man…

Hey man, I just want to link you to something cool on youtube real quick. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0BlXy3Roj4

Hey, my account still lives! Although I haven’t logged in in years either. I have a jenky profile pic now too. (Okay, edited.)

I wasn’t around for the genesis of the Northwest scene… or at the very least the previous thread, but it sucks that, that history is gone :confused: Here’s hoping that whatever upgrades the future brings won’t erase any more of it

What was the last fighting game y’all played? When and where?

Me: Ultra SF4 @ the U of O campus on Tuesday. went 10-0 with Blanka before giving it up. I don’t play Blanka.

A tragedy indeed. The thread was epic.

Thats weak

The last game I played was MvC2 last night online. The last game in person? NWM, MvC2 in the tourney and MvC3 over at Jeff/Nolan’s.

:frowning:

Last game I played is 3rd Strike because I’m always playing 3rd Strike. There was a cab at NWM6 that had CPS3 3rd in it, but it had terrible controls and it made me extra hella sad to play on. Felt like IL/Happ sticks, four Sanwa buttons and two IL/Happ buttons. Felt so wrong.

I Brought that cab. my bad fam, best intentions but those controls are indeed garbage. I will be swapping parts on it soon.

Shout out to Deezo, I know we ain’t kicked it EVER lol, but I CPR and I have revived the Dojo so come through and get some games in sometime.

Mandel is our homeboy. Everybody misses Mandel. Too much life, not enough casual fun Saturdays together these days. :sad:

Hello

;_;

That thread was better than the rest of the website put together.

Smfh. Just found out the Tilt inside the Lloyd Center closed down… over a year ago. That really bombards me with feels.

Anybody in Vancover know if the Tilt at the Heritage Mall is still open? Last time I was there, they had a custom UMVC3 cab set up near the front.