General character discussion (NO tier lists please)

I fins ike very difficult to play against especially when i’m using metaknight.

Anyone checkout the advanced techniques link at the top the page? Half of them i haven’t ever heard of/used lol.

Down + Shield = Dodge. The best way to dodge it :slight_smile: I’ve done it twice so far

I already offered to Wiz while he was making the channel. He ignored me and gave it to the preexisting FGD mods.

…seriously.

the mods havnet been decided yet, as these mods are just default since they are already in this section.

I’d love to be a mod, but considering I have next to no real credibility I highly doubt I’ll be chosen.

It would indeed be interesting to be a mod. I’m sure Wiz will get some folks on it soon enough. Good thing is, right now our new forum’s doing okay (with the exception of certain individuals in the EVO Rules thread) so the immediate need for dedicated mods isn’t there.

I just put up a Jigglypuff thread, my girl needs some more love.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=151905

^Added it to the OP.

Has anyone tested these

Smashboards advanced techniques compilation: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142139

Not yet ,but I’ll test a few out when my dad is off the TV.

I don’t know where else to ask this question, but what’s the best setup with a classic controller that allows me to do tilts easier? Perhaps I should make a simple question, simple answer thread…

I’ve also tried this twice, and both times gotten killed.

Where’s the Ice Climber love? :frowning:

What makes Marth so beastly?

^^To put it simply his attacks have great range and KO power.

only 2 times?! gotta try some more! takes practice

yea, they all work.

you could try changing your right stick to designate it to “attack” instead of “smash,” but then you can only do smashes from the analog+A, which personally i don’t like because it makes some of the ATs more difficult. i am pretty sure they still work, and if you are used to not using the c-stick for smashes, by all means go for it.

Copied and pasted from other post:

Just found something out and don’t know if you guys know about it yet. If you map the C-stick to do specials, do a run then press the c-stick in the opposite direction. This will make your character jump forward while looking back. It doesn’t have the sluggish stopping animation of the Reverse Aerial Rush. I got it accidentally after trying that wavebouncing stuff.

Up until know I’v been using the old way to get Bairs while moving forward, but the c-stick method is way quicker. It completely bypasses the animation of your character turning around and stopping their run. If you’re OK with the c-stick not doing smashes, then it’s definitely worth looking into.

Anyone want me to do a basic move assessment and Damage Chart for a character, I’ll do them in order of post if anyone wants me to. I’m at work but I can do a couple tonight. If anyone hasn’t seen this is how I do them. http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=152523

KOH, do Olimar. I want damage and knockback assessments for each move, with each color of pikmin. Even his throws differ depending on pikmin color, so get crackin’!

…seriously.

Ok I’ll do olimar next.