Gen Shenanigans Thread!

conserning Element 09, specificly the part where you can change to crane stance between mantis attacks/block strings.

i’ve been playing around with the stance change during my mantis attacks for a while now. i’ve found if i do … (M) c.lk, c.lp, (crance stance change)-which comes out as mantis lk if you do it quick enough-© c.lp. all of the hit connect and i get a 4hit combo. The only issue i have is i can never do the roll after the © lp.

Is there something not allowing this? maybe stance issue or hit stun…?

Can the gen players try this combo and see if they can get the 4hits …if yes… then can they get the lp roll out…?

S.mk and C.mk (mantis) hit confirms into lk gekiro as a 2 in 1 (on most characters)

Making mantis mk a good attack to just throw out there outside of range

Furthermore, if you spam the lk in lk gekiro, you can also follow up with lk crane super and land it before they hit the ground.

s.mk, lk gekiro, lk crane super = nice hit confirm

well i honestly think thats “kinda” unsafe…

you dont have the time to realize if the sMK was blocked or not before you can cancel it with gekiro, and if its blocked you just get punished pretty bad

if you decide to hit confirm or not all that stuff after a sMP, thats different, and safe (if range allows it)

anyway, if i have super on similar situations, i tend to hit confirm that after sMK xx HandsHP

Ah yea thats my personal replacement for mk hands for the moment~

Actually you can do (M) cr. wp, cr. wp, (KKK) stance change, © cr. mp xx lp roll. I think it’s 6 hits. You won’t be able to get the (M) cr. wp, cr. wp, cr. wk, (KKK) stance change, © cr. lp xx lp roll to combo because it pushes you to far away.

wtf is “wp”?

Probably Weak Punch

he used “lp” and “wp” so waek would be light, but since he used alrdy lp, wp must mean something else.

For me WP is Waypoint xD

btw, I dont really get why americans use “jab” “strong” “fierce” “short” “roundhouse” etc anyway (btw what’s mk called?)? i find lp, mp, hp etc way more comfortable to use and write.

i dunno man. really the only thing I can think of. All of these comes into play from different games and locations. I’d rather stick with jab, strong, fierce. short, forward, roundhouse.

A pair of resets:

[media=youtube]3b9IAADzLpw[/media]

I went to the lab today and realized that pretty much any gekiro that’s completed puts the opponent at perfect distance for a crossup oga off their wall. For the shoto’s it’s lk and lots of other’s it’s mk. Against some characters like Sagat it’s hard as hell to time but against others it’s easy as hell. This doesn’t work if they quick-rise or are already too close to the corner (because you’re bouncing off the actual stage wall)

For an idea of what a crossup oga looks like, refer to this vid: [media=youtube]ap8Og18gijA[/media]

Also, and I don’t see it in that vid, don’t forget about when they’re cornered and you backthrow and oga off their wall with lk or mk. That’s probably the easiest setup and works against everyone on the cast I’ve tried it against so far.

That was rad!

Yea that doesnt work on anyone I know!

Ive been using this for awhile, after a jayesn (or roll) the final hit regardless of strength followed by a lk.gekiro seems to be a frametrap, but if they only block then its punishable.

I gamble with it once, and if they get caught, I keep using it until I am punished.

Yes, I use that quite a fair bit. In fact I use it in abit more elaborately. If the jaysen hit the opponent I do what you mentioned above. If they block the Jaysen you can also gamble an Ex-Geikiro kick as a frametrap + invicibility + throw invicibility and that can certainly catch a good few aggressive online opponents. Of course it can get punished if they just simply block but no pain no gain!

Regards
Gecko

Gen’s Oga, howdo i control it properly?

Whenever I Oga I can’t necessarily control which wall I bounce from! Is there a system or am I just doing it plain wrong? I’m not a new Gen player it’s just always been something which I couldn’t 100% control, sometimes I’d bounce off my opponents side without meaning to and my own side when I wanted to bounce off theirs, help please :slight_smile:

use Up Back and Up Front instead of simply “up”

If the opponent is in the corner and you’re near it, you’ll bounce off to the opponent’s side if you simply press up.

Also, even if you input up-right or up-left with kick, if you let go of the direction input too quick it will not work. You need to hold it for a short while.

Hold the direction and then move to the next direction before his hits the wall. So if you are facing the right side and you want to Oga behind them (right wall). You would charge down then move the stick to the right corner. When you do this hold it for a second I’ve found if I do it too fast it always goes the other way. I started holding the direction I wanted him to go for a 1 second or so longer.

Like I said I’m not a new player (or an idiot lol) I know that holding up and left and up and right makes a difference BUT the point I’m making is that it DOES NOT work for me and I’m wondering why, I charge on the right hand side then push up and left (which I know I do because I use a square gate) and I stay on my side, stuff like that.

Messiah when you say “hold the direction and then move to the next direction” what directions are you talking about? :S I think you understand what I’m getting at but I don’t get what you mean.