Geese strats

It seems to me that there are more and more threads about specific combos and grooves when there is nothing about his advanced tactics in here. Don’t have much time so I’ll start with grooves and get back later

best grooves (in no order)-
K-counters build meter without taking damage, makes an already strong character even stronger

P-if you can master parries and counters, Geese becomes invincible (literally), this gives him the ability to switch game plans in an instant he can now turtle or rushdown

C-really only good because of air guard, Raising StormXXRaising Storm and makes Deadly Rave available

N-more psychological with small jumps into counter/Raising Storm, also can build meter quickly, stock break, Deadly RaveXXRaising Storm

all for now

Thanks, you have just described every character in the game
:rolleyes:

i agree wit k and p bein good grooves for geese, but im not so sure about n and c, but a should also be there sum where, his cc’s all do atleas 7000+ dmg easily. a basic corner cc wit rt1 geese is hk, (f.hp)x9, db.hp, raising storm. it does, i believe, atleast 7500 dmg

dats IMHO however

what advanced strats…personally; i’ve never seen a p-groove geese so I can’t say anything…but I think k-groove is his best groove.

The counter builds meter like crazy but that is not why he is effective in k-groove. I think any groove that gives him a power bonus would be an affective groove to use him in. He is already so strong, when you break his ikari (sp?) meter, his strength is off the charts. YOU DON’T NEED TO LAND A SUPER WITH GEESE WHILE UR RAGED EITHER, FOR THE FACT HIS SIMPLE COMBOS TAKE OFF A GOOD CHUNK ALREADY.

This brings us to the fact that he is a frekin pro at breaking a guard meter. His foward+fp takes away a massive amount of guard, and is relatively safe. his kick from a distance is a good poke and takes away a good bit of guard. His block strings take away a good amount of guard (btw, his b&b is c.jp x 3, c.rh, if they have a safe fall throw a mp repukken at them).

his c.rh has very good range, and of course, scores a knockdown which serves anybody in k-groove well seeing as how it sets up for a rushdown/mindgame/trick.

his c.fp is a fairly good anti air, it discourages cross ups bigtime, and even if he is knockdown, and they cross up b4 u can throw a c.fp out there, in k-groove you can jd it and attempt to throw…you’ll either throw them, get hit with a super, or they will tech hit…more than likely they won’t throw out a super after you have blocked their crossup so throwing after a jd is relatively safe…but don’t get too predictable. but yeah; this is all that comes to mind right now.

Well to be perfectly honest, I don’t know any of his ccs so I didnt’ want to say anything I couldn’t prove. And yea I know that anyone is invincible in P-groove but it’s the fact that he has both counters and parries, giving him several more defensive options and he is alot harder to rush in on or zone.

mastering parry is a hard thing to do. . . timing on parry is way difficult. . . if parryin was lke 3s, then i think we would see alot more p-players. . . other dan that, u are riht

I got parrying down but it took me 1.5 years and I went to Japan also. You gotta stick with it and don’t use other grooves.

wow! 1 1/2 yrs… damn… dats a long time practicing parry… btw, wat type of things can u parry? supers? cc’s? pokes? and wat u go to japan for?

competition and training

well i CAN parry lots of stuff. However what is it really good to parry? Only stuff you know you can. Don’t take to big 'a risks. I guess every time you parry it is a risk, but hardly ever parry on wake up. Someone who has experience against P-groove will know how to mix up his meaty attacks to punish your parry attempts.

You might wnt to parry the first hit of a custom like ioris or sakuras because you will eat damage if you block it all. However you probably just want to bait and then block most customs cause it builds up your bar.

Here’s a random Gesse tip.

Everyone knows Geese’s most used normal jump in is J.Forward Kick right?
I’m sure many of you know his J.Short looks the exact same as his J.Forward…well after J.Fowarding your opponent a couple of times J.Short->Kick Throw. Then cross them up with J.Forward…heh…

I’m sure many of you use this, and those who don’t should know why it works…

My main problems with Geese is rushdown and kmowing when to throw out that s.hk. Any tips?

i cant give u much help on rushdown other than cross-up and jab, jab, reppuken. . . as for the s.hk, im not sure if it beats out other ppl but use it wen they whiff sumthin since its pretty fast

what about wakeup? I usually will high counter shotos or take the opportunity to get a free cross up and do a GC string

I think Geese’s most effective use is zoning. Keeping them away with jump qcb+(insert punch here), then when they jump in either A) High Counter, B) D+FP or C) Standing Jab. His anti-airs are all good and if they get you down and try the tripping over and over shit, just low counter and it’s back in your advantage. I’d tend to agree that K is his best groove, I almost always use K now and Geese is the rock of my K-team. His counters build meter in K, which is cool, and with the raging he is a force because of how easy it can be to mount a comeback. I need some help with one thing, though.

People who rush you down but mix-up the pokes, it’s hard to get a counter in there, what’s a good way to stop it? I know you can Standing Roundhouse to move across the screen, but sometimes they’re so relentless that poor Geese is overpowered…Unitl the Raging comes up. :evil: Help a Geese follower out!

[quote]
*Originally posted by OrochiIori313 *
**I think Geese’s most effective use is zoning. Keeping them away with jump qcb+(insert punch here), then when they jump in either A) High Counter, B) D+FP or C) Standing Jab. His anti-airs are all good and if they get you down and try the tripping over and over shit, just low counter and it’s back in your advantage. I’d tend to agree that K is his best groove, I almost always use K now and Geese is the rock of my K-team. His counters build meter in K, which is cool, and with the raging he is a force because of how easy it can be to mount a comeback. I need some help with one thing, though.

People who rush you down but mix-up the pokes, it’s hard to get a counter in there, what’s a good way to stop it? I know you can Standing Roundhouse to move across the screen, but sometimes they’re so relentless that poor Geese is overpowered…Unitl the Raging comes up. :evil: Help a Geese follower out! **[/QUOTE

I only use that move every so often, and only when i TK it for runaway. The move is too unsafe on whiff, which is very likely in this game. Geese has his own pokes as well, like s.hk, c.mp, c.lp, c.hk. And don’t be afraid to rush your opponent down as well. Since you use K groove, the run can be an asset to a rushdown Geese. Following up a weak reppuken with a run and s.hk at the right distance works a lot more than you might think. Counters and Raising Storm can quickly turn the tide of a match, but that doesn’t mean that you should rely on them, they’re more of a backup and a way to train your opponent. For anti-poke, f+hp can work but you have to be sick with the timing, it’d be easier to counter, and if you have a lvl 3 ready, throw out Deadly Rave against pokers, it has pretty good startup.

I haven’t many good Cammys, so this is just a theory. You’ll have to be more patient against Cammy. Wait for her to end her poke strings and and come out with some long range pokes like c.hk, s.hk, or mp reppuken and start your own poke string. Cammy is one of the only only characters that you can safely throw out a mid counter against since every Cammy player whores her standing mid and hard normals. If the Cammy you’re playing likes to come in with specials, counter or a super(duh). I’ll try out some anti- Cammy strats and get back to you with something that I know works.

i personally love using an R1 Geese in either A-Groove or K-Groove. the only CC i use with geese is a bunch of standing shorts into his hcb+lk move it drives them into the corner , i finish with a ducking lk and then a ducking fierce after that and then into the raising storm. simple , but effective. i don’t always land that damn pretzel move though(raising storm), 50/50 chance heh :slight_smile:

in K-Groove i rarely use the raising storm , peopel know it hurts and they are scared of it so they run :frowning: so i’d rather use the deadly rave and instead of finishing it with the qcb+hp , i buffer a ducking lk into the ja-ei-ken to finish them for 13 hits and it does a little more dmg.

COMBOS any groove

jumping HP for the 2 hits and then buffer a ducking lk into the ja-ei-ken , or you can just do a ducking lk and throw a reppuken/double reppuken(safer) this should work on medium height to tall characters , can’t seem to get it to work on short characters

you can switch the jumping hard punch with a jumping mk instead , i use the jumping mk alot for cross ups and most of my jump ins.
if you are VERY FAST you can do the jumping HP into a ducking hk into a raising storm(or just a ducking hk into the raising storm heh). very hard to do though.

Counters

his hcb+lp is a great counter for any non projectile based super no matter if it hits high medium or low , as long is it not a fireball type super. it will also counter a guard break move (this move- f+mp+mk after you block)
the medium counter will grab any standing non projectile/normal attack , the low counter will counter any ducking non projectile/normal attack.

Tactics
double reppuken people who like to roll into your face , it will catch them a few times before they realize that you’re not accidentally doing that :slight_smile: just watch out for roll cancel happy people :frowning:

air reppukens are good for people who like to stand there and hit you when you jump in , good for keeping most of your opponnents at bay. ducking hk into a lp reppuken is nice. lp reppuken after most of his attacks are nice. too much typing i will post more info on Geese soon , hope i didn’t say anyhting that was already said before in these forums. sorry if i did :frowning:

i didn’t use geese cause he was uber or anyhting , i liked him because he takes skill to play and he’s not top tier , i will never use top tiers.

Better Geese CC goes something like:
c.forward > [c.fierce x2, s.RH]x2, HCB+short(2 hits) xN, HCB+short(3 hits) XX dn-bk HCB dn-fwd+P

Or c.jab, c.jab, activate, c.forward, same CC as above.

Don’t remember the exact CC… haven’t played A Geese in a while. Still, that should be more damage than the other CCs posted thus far.

OPS !@@! i meant to finish my simple CC with a ducking HK and ducking HP into the raising storm :stuck_out_tongue:

btw i play K-Groove r1-Raiden , r1-Geese , r2-Eagle
A-Groove r1-King/r1Raiden , r1-Geese , r2-Eagle