Geese Combos and Glitches

my mistake. i interpretted wrong.

Its all good bro:tup:

Sorry for being an asshole.:karate:

It might get you some ohhhs and aaahhhhs because he has the option to dish out like 40 stun to his enemys.

if you want more damage, do cr.jab s.fierce. As in cross up mk, cr.jab s.fierce, hcb + mk, then w/e. If you’re in P groove, you can cancel to Raging Storm or Deadly Rave and then combo into that with another cr.jab s.fierce hcb + mk.
About whoever said that the lk version should be used, I have to disagree. You should always buffer jaei ken…with a cr.jab s.fierce or cr.mk into mk jaei ken.

the damage difference between :lk: and :mk: versions is only 100.
:lk: version has 9 frames startup.
:mk: version has 14 frames startup.
if you’re cancelling from s.:hp: from reaction, you’re going to have to react faster.
but hey, to each his own or whatever.
:lk: jaeiken works much better for me because after crossups i always go for cl.:lk: > cl.:hp: xx reppuken/jaeiken.
5 frames doesnt sound like much, but it makes a big difference personally, and the damage difference is only a measily 100.

Yeah but your getting more stun.

Edit: I feel like a ass you only get one more point for stun. :frowning:

This is already known but Geese can push out over 70 stun with two cross overs, so one knock down then with some mix up can really fuck up someones game.

If your in A- and land a cross up you can link it into a CC with ease and deal out 8800+ damage with it.

I’m new to svc2, but I’m not new to the street fighter or king of fighters series so I don’t need any dumbing down.

anyway: what are the best CC’s for Geese. I like CC’s even if they are hard to pull off in actual play against people who are not retarded.

and also, I’ve seen super moves canceled straight into other super moves and even special moves. Can someone tell me when this is possible and how I can use this to make Geese even more of an asshole than before.

One last thing, in A groove I cannot pull off Geese’s MAX super move, it just will not happen.

You have aim or MSN i’ll make a video for you.

customs arent hard to pull off AT ALL. i would say if one cant pull customs in actual play, they’re the retard. if someone plays A groove and cant land customs, they shouldnt be using that groove at all in the first place. customs are SERIOUSLY easy to pull off, and you will not find a competitive player with an opinion that differs.

it’s a C groove only thing. although C groove geese’s cancels are not good at all. but fyi, here it is:

lvl2 raging storm > lvl 1 raging storm

its nothing stellar. good damage, but only good as an anti air because the only way to combo into a raging storm would be a very close, nearly point blank, sweep. in case you’re wondering how this works, just do the lvl2 super, and then do the lvl1 super as it is hitting. this doesnt work if they’ve blocked the first super though.

no one can use their “MAX” super moves in A groove. you’re correct, it just ill not happen.

for those of you who still can’t combo crouching jab, crouching jab, crouching forward, deadly rave, prepare to be enlightened…

this works REALLY well and is very easy to do with minimum practice. considering the linking time from low jab to low jab is 5 frames, and low jab to low forward is 4 frames, here’s what i do because the link timing is so lenient.

tap down + jab, go back to neutral, tap down + jab, go back to neutral, start at forward and while you’re rolling the stick to back during the HCB motion, hit forward, then press towards + short.

sounds complicated, but it’s really easy with like 2 minutes of practice. since you go back to neutral after the second jab and have so much time before you have to combo the forward, it’s not as quick as you’d think.

figured i’d share my revelation in training mode today. now if i can whip out the raging storm motion quicker, i’ll play K-geese all day.

peace

It’s easier to combo Gesse Deadly Rave by just:

s.short, s.short, c.jab, Deadly Rave.

For me is a lot easier than c.jab, c.jab, c.forward, deadly rave.

I find myself messing up on the c.foward couple of times so i just rather do the other one.

I’ve tried popoblo’s method before… it’s effective, thought at times I’ve had an MK Jai-Ei-Ken pop out against my will. o_O

I use the following links:

cr.LP, cr.LP, st.LK xx DR
st.LK (x3) xx DR
cr.LP, st.HP xx DR

Got a quick question… which link into Rave would most likely leave the opponent dizzied? (link xx DR, end DR with cr.LP, st.HP xx MK Jai-Ei-Ken)

Standing Short into close fierce bleh bleh Medium Jeai ken.

Only reason people do Cr.Jab is cause it gives you like +7 to the link and its safer.

i’m having trouble just linking s. hp to DR…

i can do like c+mk to it and lp lp c+mk to it but not standing mp or hp… help?

s.:hp: to DR is a cancel. so i guess just do it faster?

All the geese masters.

I have just started to get into fighters in the last couple of years and previously only played chargers

I play CVS but i play like a noob i only learnt how to DP or super about 9 months ago and am just starting to learn 2in1 etc… I have been reading through this thread as i love playing Geese i can do some of his real basic stuff but i would love to be able to do some of the stuff posted in here. My question is when your doing all this combo and CC’s how do you do them? i have sat in training mode for near enough the whole day and i cannot manage any of them, WWhat am i doing wrong:sad:

When people talk about cancelling whats that? when people talk about linking whats that?

Sorry people i know i am a complete noob but i want to improve my geese as he is the only character i actually enjoy playing

I’m a Geese masher. :tup: Here’s one of the very first things I did the day I decided I wanted to use him.

Main Ground Combo:

step 1:
Learn the joystick motion for the rush super. It’s half-circle back, then bring the stick to forward. Make sure you can execute the super in both directions with at least nine times out of ten success rate.

step 2:
Learn the two-in-one.

-forward, down-forward, down+MK, (keep MK button held down), down-back, back, foward+LK

Again, practice until you have a high success rate. You’re canceling the super from the d.MK.

step 3:
Learn to hit confirm the combo. You do that by starting your combo off with a crouching light punch. That way you can visually confirm whether you’ve hit your opponent or he’s blocking, and whether to finish hit the LK button to activate the super. You’re linking the d.MK from the d.LP.

-d.LP, forward, down-forward, down+MK (hold), down-back, back, (hit confirm that you’ve gotten a 2-hit combo), forward+LK

It helps to set the training dummy to “random guard” and to turn “counter hit” on whenever you want to practice this.

Although, I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to figure out what you’ll want to practice next, post again once you’re comfortable and would like more stuff to practice.

To practice the A-groove CC, it’s all about timing your s.HP button presses. If you do it perfectly, you can actually take your opponent across the entire screen with nothing but the close s.HP attack. That’s very hard though, so practice hitting close s.HP rythmically until you can get 7-8 close s.HP’s in a row at least. Do hcb+LK move to get closer then, and practice doing the pretzel super so you can finish your CC with the super every time.

If its any help http://media.putfile.com/Geese-CC

SNk and KCxj you guys have helped alot thanks very much for the help, i am getting there slowly but find the movement difficult remember to hit the LP on the down for instance. its definatly coming along all be it slowly but you have helped loads :tup:

Question about Raising Storm though… How the hell do you do it, i mean i know how to do it but christ this shit is impossible