Gamma wave so fast?

Hey guys, im tryin to OTG Gamma Wave into Gamma Crush, but my gamma wave takes so long to come out that I normally miss the window of attack. However, when i see tourney players use hulk, they seem to crouch or something and their gamma wave executes almost instantly it seems like. How do they do it?

you need to charge back as soon as possible.

like say your in the air doing M M H S, then start charging back right after you press S. By he time you land thats already a good second of charge. then just keep charging as your on the ground for another second and that should be enough time.

oh ok, thank you!

Sorry about asking another question in a resolved topic, but I’ve seen some Hulks do a gamma wave OTG to solo relaunch. When I try to do it, by the time Hulk’s S finally comes out, they’re already out of the gamma wave. Is there any way to do this, or is it just an obscure and unreasonable technique?

This is finicky for several reasons, but it’s not hard to get it consistently if you know what you’re doing - it’s both character and spacing dependent and doesn’t work late in a combo due to hit stun deterioration.

It’s easiest to practice on big characters like Nemesis - just start with a basic s.S, sj.H, sj.S, into Gamma Wave and try space yourself so that the Gamma Wave hits twice. Once you get it to hit twice, you should be able to relaunch with s.S.

Remember though, that even late in the combo, if you get the Gamma Wave to hit twice, you can always follow up with H Gamma Charge Vertical, assuming you’re in range for it to hit (character dependent) which means that you can combo into ground bounce if you haven’t used it, a hard knock down with H follow up if you haven’t used Gamma Charge Vert, or a wall bounce with M follow up if you haven’t used your wall bounce.

It’s all fairly simple, but like I said… finicky.

Charge the d/b motion before you hit the floor.