Gamerbee combo

watching some GB videos and I’m seeing the combo he uses all the time is crlk crlp crlp crmp lkrj… my question is this… what is he gaining by not linking crlp x3 then rj?

is it easier to get crlk crlp crlp? more damage? less push back?

only reason I’m asking is this is what I’m working on when I go to training now. Any insight would be great. Thanks

It hits low.

Edit: it may be pushback related as well, not 100% sure though on the pushback.

It’s because LK Rising Jaguar like all the non-EX rising jaguars hit twice. The strength of the rising jaguar determines the angle at which it approaches. For light kick rising jaguar, the first hit comes out right next to adon and the second hit is much later when he flies outward.

Cr lp x 3 into LK rising jaguar works, however in the end you are not getting the first hit of the rising jaguar anyways due to pushback. Therefore, you might as well go for the cr mp because it will net you more dmg!

Also an added note, when you are in corner you WANT your LK rising jaguar to only hit on the second hit because in Ultra it puts enemies into a juggle state in which you can get a second LK Rising jaguar (both hits) so even MORE dmg!

Hope this helps, practice up and level up your game.

thanks!

I get why the lk rj… I just didn’t know why the lk for 1st hit v/s the lp

crlp hits low as well right???

No, cr.lp can be blocked high or low (HL). Go through the frame data in the wiki: wiki.shoryuken.com/Ultra_Street_Fighter_IV/Adon.

aaaaaah… this is the problem I’ve been facing RIGHT HERE! dag… I didn’t know that. I just took for granted it hit low.

THANK YOU!

Doing this in some matchups will get you killed when you whiff the second rj hit on an alert crouching e.ryu and get hit for half your lifebar.

how would I whiff the first rj hit? when comboing crlp > crlp > crmp > lkrj???

Because different characters have different hurtboxes and lk rj has a disastrous hitbox

crouching light kick does 40 damage … that is a lot for a low 4 frame normal that is +5 on hit

isn’t it better to go for cLk cLK cLP cMP since cLK is more damaging than cLP?