Full screen hit confirm, solo no assist (ChrisG will like this)

Hello

When I was playing around in training mode I discovered something really interesting.

His wall climb move (back, back) has some interesting uses (keep in mind when you climb the wall, you don’t have to do circle motions for fireballs, just 1 button press):

1. Do the climb as low to the ground as possible, hit a or b (fireball) and immediately when you touch the ground a fireball again. This reminds me of Arthur, you can fill the screen with a good assist quite easy.

2. Do the same as above but start with b fireball (downward). You can fire another fireball on the ground, if you near you can combo into slide and combo of choice afterward.

3. Now its getting interesting (full screen hit confirm): Super jump and input qcb + c (the dash backwards) and climb the wall. If the enemy is standing full screen away, you need a little pause before climb, you will see it when you try this in training mode. Then hit b (Fireball downwards), land, dash!, fireball a on the ground, dash!, slide, combo of choice!

4. Needs more testing: Unblockable?! Wall climb fireball downwards (hits high), dash in slide. This will hit at the same time, is this unblockable?!

Happy to hear you guy’s feedback.

Greetings KennySWISS

**ps: **
- Just tried a 08/15 combo after this setup and it does 661k dmg without optimizing.
- The glide qcb + c is cancable to the wall climb move!
- Try to dash with the plinking method (plink c, a+b). Because you often get a dp instead a fireball after the dash!

Sounds really interesting I’ll check it out sometime. Firebrand gets more broken everyday lol. Good stuff :tup:

I will go about testing this, seems potentially intriguing, nice work! ^.^

My favorite Gargoyle gets even more tools… :sad:

Tears of joy my friend

Video? trying to understand it. You use the wall fireball to recover fast enough to do another one and follow up with a slide?

that’s basically it, you just have to dash during the fireballs (spacing):

“start with b fireball (downward) at wall. You can fire another fireball on the ground, if you near enough you can combo into slide and combo of choice afterward.”

ps: i’m playing with this style, great sucess so far… feedback from others?

Are you sure the wall climb fireball hits high? This seems pretty useful, at mid distance you can do the c fireball and use it as your own lockdown for mixups. Also it’s probably known, but if you use an light attack (or any) at the end of the dive, the momentum carries you much further, so you can travel ~full-screen and wall climb just above the ground if you start with super jump height.

fireball from the wall isnt an overhead :confused: bummer

I’d love a video of this.

Just played some matches with it. Really useful especially when you’re trying to get some free space or get in.

Here’s a video of it: [media=youtube]bXzXz7Thm0A[/media]
Sorry for shit quality. It helps if you TK the glide motion. My execution wasn’t good enough to pull off more than 2 in a row, but you could probably rapid fire his fireballs by doing the TK wall-cling over and over (I tried at the end).

Don’t think you can rapid fire and have it continue comboing. Although it gives FB a good damage boost (little impractical too) when you hit confirm off 2 fireballs.

TK-:h:, (Wall Cling) :l:, :qcb::l:, (dash) :d::h:, then onto regular BnB combo. Gives 689k with no assist.
For fullscreen TK-:h:, (Wall Cling) :l:, :qcb::l:, :qcb::s:, :s:, a.:m:,:d::h:, :qcf::l:,:s:,:h:,:s:, Super. Gives 667k with no assist.

Both of them can be done in the corner. If it’s done midscreen you have to dash and cancel it into either Bon Voyage or cr.H, but it landing Bon Voyage gimps the damge to normal BnB damage.

For sure, definitely won’t happen. Can help to keep pressure on though, but impractical enough that there’s probably no point.