Fucking Cammy

This is the only character I can’t seem to beat, no matter WTF I do. She does that Goddamned overhead dive kick cross-up into linking into that horizontal spin. I have no anti-air and the sky is a no-fly zone against her. Devil reverse isn’t even safe, since her anti-air special kick seems to be like a fucking homing cruise missile.

I’m at my wit’s end.

Please help. If you don’t main Bison, I kindly ask that you don’t give advice. Thanks.

What’s the wake-up game against the overhead dive kick? Teleport is hit 'n miss.

Overhead dive kick?

I don’t know what it’s called, it’s commonly used for cross-ups into combos. I think it’s a normal, but I’m not sure.

Funny thing her dive kick can be blocked crouching, it is not an overhead. It can also crossup and better yet fake crossup. Guessing you just blocked the wrong direction.

First step, learn to block those correctly. This is not exactly something that can be taught because every Cammy player is different. It comes with experience.

Second step is learn what you can potentially do to stop it or at the very least limit the damage from it. One trick you can use on occasion is if she knocks you down and you know she is gonna dive kick is to just just devils reverse on wakeup and accept the dive kick hit. It will air reset you which mean you will have to block what comes after but no free combo. However use it rarely because if predicted you will suffer worse punishment.

TL;DR: Blocking is a virtue, learn it and most Cammy players get frustrated

Yeah, sorry, I meant overhead not as in the technical attack that is low unblockable. I meant overhead, as in, like Akuma’s dive kick.

I think you’re right, my blocking probably sucks. When I do block, however, I get tick thrown. You know, when they crouch jab or short, you block, then they throw.

It’s just really, really frustrating, because I find no defense against an aggressive Cammy, because she knows there’s nothing I can do on wake-up, if I have no meter.

Yeah learn to block it. If you have a lot of life jumping and eating the small amount of damage is also preferable to having to take her pressure strings.

As a long time Bison main ( although I have strayed occasionally) I can agree Cammy can be difficult to defend against. While I agree blocking correctly is a good remedy I find delayed focus dashing to be a great answer on occasion. RFA is also a solid option against frontal attacks as Cammy’s armor breakers are quite slow, just watch out for the throw.

Hmm…this is a misleading title…

Anyway, try to use focus attack often as this will sure put the Cammy off because she doesn’t have a good answer for that in my opinion.

One more thing, after she do a block string that pushes her away use focus attack, Cammys love to try to close a distance with a dive kick , where the focus will hit her nicely. I know this because I get them all the time like that. They tend to autopilot and once you break their flow they will not know what to do.
Also , try to vary your wake-up , don’t quick raise and use delayed wake up along with your other options to break up her offensive options. Other times just focus and back dash on wake-up. Try to rush her down , when you meet an aggressive Cammy they tend to not deal with pressure very well so they will DP more often so try to test the Cammy options against pressure even if it meant losing a chunk of health in the process as that will let you understand your opponent better.

I hope this prove helpful , oh and check the sticky topics as they are very helpful.

1. cammy has no answer to fokus attack? cr.lk into hk drill if you’re close, or her ultra are some of the best anti fokus techs there are in the entire game
  2. you can’t just say something like that, every cammy is different. block and adapt to how she approaches. 4 button tech is really good if you don’t have 2 bars.
  3. if you quickrise or not doesn’t matter cause she has another 50/50 right afterwards, delayed quickrise+delayed wakeup helps though
  4. bison has a though time getting in on cammy out of a neutral situation only pressure her when you have an advantage, like after an anti air or a knockdown

1- of course I didn’t mean to focus point blank, what I meant is to focus often where her normal out of reach and she can get in with a dive kick and you will catch her. if the Cammy uses her ultra 1 to counter focus attack you could back dash on reaction and she will get low damage on it.

2- This just my experience with the majority of Cammys that I played, after a block string they tend to either cross-up or use a dive kick, for the corss-up jumping HK get them. I realize that every Cammy is different, this is just the pattern most of the Cammys I fought follow.

3- I agree.

4- Yeah, generally bison should keep her out but if you couldn’t keep her out try to rush her.

You don’t anti air her, you air-to-air her. Read when they’re gonna dive kick because she’s vulnerable to air to airs.

About wake-up, Bison has an advantage few characters have: he makes her guess the OS. So don’t just use devil reverse ex, mix your options.

Out of curiousity. With teleport nerfed the way it has been what exactly does she have to guess considering dives tend to beat EX PC?

A Cammy player almost never goes for a meaty dive against Bison because it’d make too obvious where to block. She can’t punish teleport without an OS even with the nerf.

Well at least that’s what i experience with Cammies around here… can’t say if the same applies for someone on the level of Alioune or something.

She’s still annoying as hell to deal with as Bison. Basically gets in on him for free and once she does it’s very hard to get her off. Her dp has beyond ridiculous active frames, so forget about DR/HS.

That being said, though, I think consider Chun-Li and Juri more easy mode against Bison. They can basically abuse neutral jump hk with insane hitbox, not much Bison can do except do a preemptive hell attack/U2 (U1 is spacing dependent), but in the case of the latter they can just empty jump and block the Ultra. Juri is insanely tough. She can bully him with fireballs all day. His jump is so floaty so he only has EX SK to rely on, basically, but since she recovers so quickly he’ll more or less have to anticipate and throw it out, which is punishable on block. A fucking joke of a matchup if I may say so. Oh, and her n jump hk beats freaking EX headstomp.

Gotta learn to block and use C.HP. If you time it right it can clearly beat her dive kicks. Remember C.HP in Ultra is actually pretty solid move now.

^This. Crouching fierce is a very useful move in these situations, but I’ve found that it helps to use the button just a little bit preemptively. At first I tried throwing the button out like it was Balrog or Sakura crouch fierce and got blown up. It felt really risky at first to commit to the button so much earlier, but now that I’ve found that “sweet spot” for the timing I absolutely love this button. Helps against Adon as well.

Space yourself right, when divekick misses you/whiffs, punish with st.lk, x2, cr.mk into hk.scissors.

It’s not easy though, and need some experience/training

This is what I normally try to do. However smart Cammy players who realize what your up to might start mixing in J.HK which has considerable range. Particularly dangerous if your trying to whiff punish with C.LK.

Sure, everything has his “counter” Rock-paper-scissors all day. :wink: