From CS2 to CS:EX, Who? The Adaptation Topic

Hey guys, BREEExKinzoku here, trying to play every fighting game that comes my way.

Friend of mine got us CS2 about a month ago (to prepare for CS:EX) and we’ve been having a lot of fun with it, and I’ve never been into BB competitively as I have with the other fighters I play, so I’d say it’s time I gave it a shot.

From how I’ve been playing, My favorite character to use is Rachel Alucard. My Best character is Makoto Nanaya. and My Second main so far has became Platinum the Trinity.

So from the switch from CS2 to CS:EX, Who should I main? I’m willing to put work in on them.
Any Ideas guys?

Of the three, I think Rachel changed the least, and Makoto definitely the most, but Platinum has probably seen the best improvements.

I’d suggest that you just play the ones that are fun to play.

Valk and Arakune are top tier right now, so they are pretty safe, although to my knowledge both take a lot of work. On the flip, Ragna is great and easy to use at that, only problem is easy to use=everyone uses. So I’d say learn a character like Arakune or Valk. Arakune doesn’t get enough love and with his 80% Curse Combo and such off of easy confirms he is a great character choice. Just check out CopperDabbit, for example. Valk is extremely hard to use, or something. Never played him but he’s pretty good.

Rachel is viable as well as Platinum, so you could definitely main/sub either one of them. Happy gaming? Also I hate to be that faget but check out dustloops forums sometime.

Valk is extremely offensively powerful IF you are smart enough to utilize all his options in a smart fashion, but there are a LOT of options and, as tends to be the case in this game, they’re not really much like any other characters options ever, so you really need a comprehensive understanding of how the character functions to bring him anywhere near his potential.

I thought Arakune was “just” A-tier again this game.

Arakune is the same as he was in CS2, if you get cursed, you’re probably one mixup from death, if you don’t get cursed he’s kinda squishy. Ragna/Valk are the top dogs in CSE. And yeah, compared to most other games I’d say that learning one character does the least good towards knowing any other character, lol. Learning the overall engine on the otherhand, goes further in this I’d say, considering things like how attacks of the same level across characters all have the same hit/blockstun, etc. Platinum is very solid.

Valk is the best character in the game when you get your Mixups and movement mastered.

But apparently no one has ever mastered him to that degree, because he doesn’t really dominate high levels of play. Either that or the distinction of “best character in the game” is subjective and/or extremely minor.

No character in FG history has dominated to such a degree online (Without being banned like Karai and Ivan Ooze). Yun didn’t win EVO, Makoto didn’t win either, CS1 Bang lost at SBO. It’s just like that.

Possibly subjective, Too. But then again, America / Japan doesn’t really tierwhore. Masashi has been tearing shit up in CSX, Though, I’m really looking forward to some BB majors, I wan’t to see who ends up where.

Well, Blue Revolution already happened, and while Valk was present (even on the winning team) he certainly wasn’t dominating the lists.

I also found an interesting list of how many players in Japan have over 700 PSR with various characters. Clearly it doesn’t really map directly to tiers (whee, Tager!) but there’s also pretty clearly some correlation:

【307】ラグナ ragna
【167】テイガー tager
【164】ジン jin
【158】ハザマ hazama
【119】白面 hakumen
【109】バング bang
【97】アラクネ arakune
【93】ノエル noel
【90】ヴァルケン valkenhyne
【76】Λ lambda
【74】レリウス relius
【72】ライチ litchi
【59】プラチナ platinum
【57】μ mu
【55】レイチェル rachel
【52】カルル carl
【48】タオカカ taokaka
【37】ツバキ tsubaki
【36】マコト makoto

Airk did you get end up picking up CSE yet?

I’m waiting until I finish Tales of Graces F. Even if I had it right now, I wouldn’t be playing. x.x

He’s just too hard. People are lazy, so they pick Ragna instead.

Lies and slander, I picked Ragna because I’m bad, not because I’m lazy.

We would hate to misrepresent you.