Frequently Asked Questions Thread

Whenever I manage to actually pull off cr.MP->Ducking I always just do it as is: cr.MP, have the stick on neutral and then HCF+K. It’s an awkward motion, but so far that’s the only method I can think of.

I dunno, maybe if you tap back first, then downback+MP->QCF+K it might work? I can’t test it out right now. lol

The game reads ducking upper as Back+Any Down+Forward+Kick

I forget where to find it but how do you guard jump again? And does it benefit Alex and Dudley? I was under the impression that it was something that benefited the lighter characters and shoto’s.

Cr mp -> ducking shouldn’t be hard. Just do it like aku said.

@Rictorxix I’m pretty sure game reads half circle moves as 4123 or 6321 instead of 41236 or 63214 (the exception is zenpo which is 624)

@Alexisdabomb you use the 6 frames of throw invincibility on wake up. Guard for 6 frames and then jump. I recommend following that up by guarding again since if you end up guarding a multiple hit attack, you’ll get hit by the 2nd hit if you don’t return the stick to guarding.

Every character can use the technique, it’s just the slower your jump is the easier it is for your opponent to time their delayed attack to hit you before your hitbox goes airborne (so you get hit on the ground).

@yuuki Half-Circle and Full-Circle moves only require you to input the Cardinal directions to execute them. This shortcut also appears in the SF2 series as well. It appears all half-circle moves let you press any down but for full-circles you need to hit all the cardinal directions. I just tested them in training mode, you can see for yourself :smile:

@Rictorxix im on pad right now but seems like you’re right. Always fun learning 3s trivia. basically people shouldn’t have trouble with cr mp/st mp into ducking even with sloppy execution >_<

2323+P and 1212+P equals shoryu just fyi, I remember you not believing me last time I told you

About half circle motion, i remembered an old post about it: The System Mechanics Thread

guard jump is good for getting out of some oki or reset mixups. like the basic example is you guard jump, if they throw then you jump out, if they meaty then you block. if you do it correctly and go back to down back, you should still be blocking even if they do something like low short x3. it loses to delayed attacks. and if you block for longer than you have throw invincibility then they can of course just throw you.

it’s a good defensive technique but like anything it can be punished if they expect it. an easy example might be the twins close mk. if you guard jump and Yun hits you with delayed close mk -> activate you are losing a shitload of your health. for that reason I don’t use guard jump as much vs the twins.

Makoto’s command throw doesn’t accept that short cut while I know Q and twins do.

Makoto can start her half circle with down forward. Not sure if she’s unique in that regard or not.

Is it possible to punish rolls?

rolls? do you mean sean rolls.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YnEWSO6NrQo

Justin does one at 1:18

You must mean quick stand. Depending on what character you use yes you can easily punish them, like how shotos can dash through and cross up certain characters if they quick stand in the corner.

Thanks

f+RH > Super (it does so much damage), cr.shortx2 > super, f+mk > super, cr.mp xx ducking xx super, rh xx ducking xx super, back swing blow > super, mp xx ducking xx super, j. rh or j. fp > super. You should be able to consistently end dudley’s combos with super either to get the kill or the hard knockdown.

cr.mp xx ducking xx super My method for executing this is to put cr.mp into the motion and then hold the mp button while I hit the kick button, usually short or mk. I do the same thing with mp and rh. When I confirm the hit and super I just release the mp and tap fp while doing another quarter circle forward motion.

Not really, the rolls themselves aren’t able to be hit.

you are punishing the decision that comes after the roll, mostly habits. creating ambiguous situations that are difficult to see or read.

There is no punish in the tech roll situation. Sometimes you just get a nice mix up.

Is it possible to red parry the 2nd hit of chun li’s s2? Thanks in advance.

you bet!