Frankdadank's tron bonne general strats and stuff

T.Bonne + Hayato works kind of like a ghetto Strider Doom… Guard breaks, pressure, cross-ups, and evil, evil combos galore. Works really well, but you’re stuck chosing between a good projectile or an anti-air for an assist.

Anybody with a good pressure / cross-up game can hurt with Tron, and ranged pressure seems to me to be best. I’ve seen a Cyke / Tron combo work well, as well as a Ryu / Tron.

But not enough people really play Tron for me to have a great idea.

T. Jon

okay…

1. the only time that i do the dash like hella times is when sent does HSF just so that i can stay in the air and avoid being put on lock down also i make sure to dash back and forth over their head so that when the last set of drones goes by i can commence with the attack…also you can do multipl air dashes against someone who has commando so they can whiff him out (EX if you do air dash then do drill they will call comando and you will get hit…if you make them whiff she can then have a chance to get in w/o the fear of commando coming out)

2)well i don’t know about low teir teams…I think that if someone is playing a low teir team with tron it makes their team 100% better just because fo the damage she can bring… besides the big 4 (sent cable mag storm). I know that psylocke/tron/X is a really good team… like triple jumping ovet your opponent and calling out tron is a good way to cross ppl up cause ppl think that you are super jumping.

1. um i don’t know if tron bonne based teams rock MSP but it tron would have the advantage just because psylocke doesnt take pain very well…but i mean all they would have to do is call psy out after you call tron out…so to me its like 50/50

4)I think any good player can beat a tron bonne BASED team…that is IF you are basing your whole entire team on tron bonne…but i think some teams that do give a team with tron bonne on the squad would have to be teams with cyclops, psylocke, doom. I think it just depends on the assist…like for me and the way i play i try to kill off their assists first, if i happen to kill someone else in the process… bomb

now that i have answered the questions… i would like to say something about the tourney on sat…STILTMAN DOES NOT PLAY TRON BONNE!!! HIS TRON BONNE IS NOT GOOD!!! DONT ASK THAT GUY ABOUT SHIT ON TRON BONNE!!! >< >< okay now that i have vented if ppl have more questions bomb i will be more than happy to answer them

i dont think that hayato can team up with tronbonne cause its not like strider that has oroborous that can set-up a trap game so im more safety with strider than hayato…:stuck_out_tongue: … but hayato is cool:cool: but in gamming system i rate it 6 strider 8 so im safe with

strider,dr.doom,TronBonne!:cool:

:lol: Oh, hell no! I just wanted to ask about his Morrigan. I’ve never seen anybody else play Morrigan (I came to the game late, and I’m trying to catch up), so I wanted to figure out how things worked there. I’d love to be able to see Sherwin in action if he ever comes back to town, but for now, I’m just slowly boning up on how to play Morrigan. I’ve never seen Stilt play TBonne, but don’t think his play style would be conducive to a good TBonne.

Back on topic- Sent/CapCom doesn’t seem that hard for a lone TBonne if they stay away from stomp-down or fly run-away, but Cable/Sent has been a nightmare. I just can’t get in against gun shot, drones, psymitar, gun, etc… :stuck_out_tongue: Suggestions?

Hayato has: Longer range, more damage/hit, more defense, punishing supers. He lacks extreme mobility, Oroboros, less trapping, and is slower in general. He does work well with Tron, but if you’re using Strider, I don’t recommend the switch. They’re similar, but not that close.

I’m proof that Hayato - Tron works. I’m sure other things could work better, but they definitely work well. Tron’s assist rocks.

I’m gonna sound lame… but can I get some advice on how to do multiple air dashes? There are some holes in my game, and that’s definitely one of them.

T. Jon

well technicaly he doesn’t play morrigan either…he just did that to make that guy fell bad which in my opinion was rather ugly…if you know that you are going to get an easy win…don’t bother tryin to show off that is bad sportsmanship…I mean that guy might not want to play anymore becuase he did that and in a way it could ruin the scene for ppl that want to make an attempt to start playing competitvely…To me he is like a bully he picks easy first round fights and a somewhat easy bracket so that he can get into the top 7 or 5. Then comes on here and brags about it…seriously if Ro would have lost to him in MvC2 i would have to change religions because God would have turned his back on me hands down…and yeah his play style wouldn’t be good for tron cause he just holds back all day…

Now its time for me to be back on topic…see it doesn’t seem that hard to stay away but you won’t win cause you are just tryin to stay away…to win you have to get in and that is the hard part…oh and if you think sent/cable is bad…cable/commando is even worse…if you are left to play against that you might as well just walk away from the machine…The best advice that i can give for that would just to be paitent…usually if i am in a match like that the last 2 characters are hurt so a connected lunch rush can quickly turn the game around…like when i am playing tron i try to push them into the corner, even move myslef into the corner just so that i can get a throw to the super or move out of the corner then come with some rush down…i think ppl don’t see it coming you runaway for a bit or create distance to put ppl at ease then when you start rushing down they will more than likely just start blocking then you go for the grab…

don’t down yourself man i didn’t even know about tron havin multiple air dashes until sherwin showed me but its rather simple… you could either tap fwd twice or press both punches…( i prefer both punches) now her dash is hella far in the air and it is kinda slow but if you different normals different things start happenin like if you do her lp right after her dash she will just stop moving forward almost instantly, but if you do her fp she still moves forward somewhat…also and this is very important ** be sure to whore out the sj XX air dash technique it takes some practice but it helps out trons rush down dramaticly also practice normal jump XX dash forward too so that way you can call out your assist to add more pressure…** keep the questions coming this is cool i feel like PsiANyd =]

:cool: yeah your ryt but it depends on a player who play the character well so still a 50/50 change of who’s the best it only depends on the player playing the character hheheheheh…:smiley: :smiley:

The Might of King Kobun…

Today, I had the most fun thing happen… a combo into King Kobun… into a combo… I think you might even be able to meter-dependent it if you’re quick enough.

Basically, the other day, I combo-drilled Sentinel into the corner with Tron Bonne, canceled into King Kobun (same timing as the L. Rush), then immediately OTG’d with the c. HK into the drill. The way it worked, I probably could have Lunch Rushed off of it… or maybe even done another King Kobun.

Today, I did it a second time… This time, to Psylocke on assist, after I’d killed Sentinel in the drill. This one was in the middle of the screen, though, so I could only connect with drill after King Kobun.

Anybody know how exactly this works? Good combos, or anything?

Tron Jon

i that posible 2 be done in the mid. screen wow! let me try can u give me the whole pather one by one process plss!!!

Unfortunately, I think the mid-screen on is assist only… but even if it isn’t, what you do is:

Either combo into the drill, or just use the drill. Mash if you feel like it.

jump-in (lk, mp), lp, lp, HK Drill…

Then, the last hit of the drill will launch them up and back… cancel right after it, before they really start to fly. If the main character is blocking, he’ll take the hit from the OTG, and it won’t work on an assist. If he isn’t, he’s caught, and maybe the assist too… if he’s dead, the assist takes it.

… xx King Kobun (full damage) -> c.HK…

From this point, Tron will recover right as they’re about to hit the ground… she can dash-in and c.HK them for an OTG into whatever combo you want… Aerial Rave, Lunch Rush, or maybe even K.Kobun (again). Or, you can just catch them with the Drill (after or instead of the c.HK).

But I tried it again… and the location was too far into the corner… I caught the main character with the first hit of the super… but it bounced them up a little, and they managed to go over King Kobun as he walked off. This is why doing this super in the corner can be dangerous. It’s harder than it looks.

I wanna try it more, so I get the timing and the placement down. Experiment with it if you can do it… combo into the King Kobun however you like… and combo after it. It’s a damaging enough super by itself… if you could land an L. Rush after it, I don’t know of any character who wouldn’t be aching. If you come up with a really good combo, please, post it.

Tron Jon

Haha dope thread!:smiley:

ive try it… its hard but it needs to take some more practice to perfect it… well thanks for the combos… wht abt vid any info abt trone bonne vids…???

the best tron tactic is to turtle in the corner like a bitch when you are losing.

keep normal jumping backwards and try to throw when they come to rush you down. it sounds pretty ghey (and it is), but if you have meter then it can get you the win if they make one mistake.

air throw into corner, d+short, lunch rush, guard break, d+short, lunch rush. bombsac.

** MAN THIS GUY KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT!!! HE JACKED ME AT THE LAST TIME I PLAYED HIM!!! =]**

okay seeing how this thread has somewhat gotten a little dry i’ll make an attempt to add more stuff in (BTW This is Frankdadank, just new name)

Now before I start in case ppl didn’t know most of the stuff that I am talking about tron is when she is the last person left on your team…I know it sounds weird but for me, I play her better when she is by herself than with assists…

The other Tron based team that i Play…

Cable/Commando/Tron-Team Cable Defense

I know at first glance this doesn’t look like it would be a great team, but it actually isn’t that bad (This team got me 5th in two tourneys, and did pretty damn well down at EVL last year) The whole basis of the team is to not go on the offensive and concentrate on zoning with commando and gun shots, grenades, and regular air viper beams (assuming that they don’t have more than 2 bars). Also i try to only use 1 assist depending on who is in the game (EX. if its sent i will only call out commando cause sents are aways tryin to be in the air and shit, if its magnus or storm, particulary any rush down character i will use tron for big damage, or start by using commando to keep them away and get discouraged then all they want to do is rush down THEN call tron cause they will usually call out their assists while tryin to rush your ass down) and if by chance cable does go down in flames with comando you do the same thing but vise versa (if you are against sent RUSH THAT SHIT DOWN WITH TRON AND THE NINJA, THE ZOMBIE, OR EVEN THE BABY. against others just wait and if they try to come in from the air Corridor XX captain sword that ass)

Well there you go i hope you enjoyed this post if you have questions ask away =]

IMO, Tron Bonne seems to be best at Projectile Assist because she does lots of damage… I don’t know about this but it might be a glitch… Try it!

:thumdup: right on dude!!

Haha, thats funny cause although I did think Stiltman was being a retarded duckfucker that day against me, it actually made me so angry that I started practicing hella again(cause I hadnt played the game in like a week at that point), and then guess what happened the next tourney I entered, I get peaced out by Morrigan/Cable/Tron again :lol: I swear to God that team counters me worse than WW Gief against Honda:lol:

Oh and Frank you make me sound like some random scrub, Im not I just play like one:lol:

TRON IS TOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOD!

:cool: i say it damn to good for something…!

1. this is Tijs aka Frankdadank

N-ken i didn’t mean to put you on blast like that… i didn’t even know that that was you that he played against… but its not just you…stiltman doesn’t need to do that to anyone period…talk about a slap in the face. Like if I am playing Ro and Cody or anyone that i know will just jack me for free, they don’t go and pick random teams just to put me to shame, IMO its just wrong, and it hurts the scene more than helps…

1. how do you know that i am good at SC2?!?!?!?!

I seen your post over in our thread about predictions and i would have to say that i am hella flattered that you 1 knew who i was, and 2, you think i will do well in that game at evolution =] so i will say thanks for the compliment man and i am sure that the next time you play stilt… you will jack his ass trust me

is there any trick to getting lots of hits out of the drill?
i saw vids where people get mad hits, and the other day some kid at the arcade hit me with it, and not even mashing got like 18 hits out of the drill.