Frank Skrull Viper Lineup - Opinions & Advice?

Hi Everyone,

Noobie here, I’ve recently been messing around with a new team lineup, and I wanted to get some opinions & suggestions on it. I have been a Viper point player for around a year now, and I always included Frank with various shells (Dante, Akuma, Nova, etc). After experimenting with numerous lineups, I’ve recently picked up Super Skrull. However, I found that I didn’t like having Skrull anchor even though his Tenderizer assist benefits both Viper and Frank greatly.

After playing a few hundred matches over the last few weeks, I surprisingly found that putting Frank on point with Skrull Tenderizer and Viper BK anchor got me the most wins and best performance overall. I think it’s because Viper BK assist has really been helping me level Frank early on in the game, since it’s an overhead and soft knock down, resulting in a high low that’s also safe on block. I also realized it frees up Tenderizer on incoming setups, as I can choose between crossing up or faking with BK assist and Frank’s slide also catches people trying to chicken guard on incoming. Overall, this has really helped me open opponents up with low-level Frank and capitalize with Tenderizer to get to level 3/4. After that, I’m able to throw a zombie and hard tag Viper in, allowing Frank to sit in the back and recover red health. In the event that Frank gets caught and lives, I can still tag in Viper and waste 2 bars to level Frank up. In other words, my whole style of play has shifted from Viper ToD to leveing Frank up and then bringing Viper back to point. Even if Frank does die, Viper with Tenderizer has unblockables and helps greatly in getting in, or Viper with lvl 3 Xfactor or meter holds her own as anchor.

That said, I wanted to get the community’s opinion on my game plan. I feel like it’s working well at my current level, but I’m not sure how it will fare against more experienced players and specific matchups. Can someone break down the pro’s and con’s of this lineup and hopefully give me a fresh perspective on what I should or shouldn’t be doing? Also, is there any tech with Frank/Viper or Viper/Frank that I should know? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Just realized my question would be better suited in the team-building thread, I’ve reposted it there. Thank you!