Forget MvC3, what about TvC2

Lets just call it even and say you could also post more thoroughly. You could have referenced the interview so we knew you weren’t just running on assumption. It wasn’t anything personal. I’m glad we’re both spending more time playing and less time worrying about the details of our posts.

Also, who’s ‘he’? Now I want to see this interview. I guess I’ll also have to buy MvC3, though I probably would have anyway.

what do i wanna see for TVC2?

hmmm…

new characters of course as to specifically who…idk whoever.

what everyone seems to be forgetting is balance changes.

nerf zero. I talked to seth about it at evo and he definately said that zero is going to be nerfed majorly next game. he said that it was highly unexpected that zero would become that good. Like one thing they could take away is zeros ability to combo after i forgot either a knock down or megacrash. Also he builds waaaayyy too much meter there gonna take that away, do less damage, slow him down, basically he really was the next karas and rightfully so he probably is gonna get nerfed like him.

Tekkaman Blade also is going to be nerfed in some way though idk how. Seth said that he wants to nerf him but its currently unkown how, because they could slow down his super, but then again he doesnt want it becoming useless. He said blade isnt as bad because it seems like he has a lot of stuff, but once u get to high level play a lot of his stuff becomes handleable. I personally wanna see his special slowed down, gets less defense, and nerf his crossup up jump+C. Time will tell.

Now my major question was about the giants how could they make them better. Lets be honest here, its super easy to beat them just counter pick them. So i said that blade really hurts them soooo bad. I said i understand that in order to ebat them run away but if a dudes got a grab move(like blades projectiles) and can run away then they are sort of screwed. He responded with well there is actually plenty of ways to make them better, like giving them jump cancels and such, more combo oppurtunities, and so on, so he d said definately they can be made better and im assuming will be. however in UaS, they were definately worked on but, not as much as the regular characters because they work so different than them, they were more focused on fixing the regular characters up, that they took priority. He also said that in one build of UAS, PTX was the absolute best character possible. But they obviously changed that. He said that while he wants to make them better, u cant make them too good, because then they will be banned and they don’t wan’t that hapening. Also he said its much harder to balance them than others because of they work so differently, so while they will get better, they arent priority. He also said that they can just make less grab moves that auto grab the giants lol. Time will tell.

whatever else they add to tvc is whatever as long as its not broken. Like, dont add another zero/karas type broken character.

I personally wanna see 2 new giants 1 for each side! Uhh as far as new stuff, yeah assists and whatever i guess but make balancing imo the top pirority!!

I want to make a yami/ptx-40a team.

I don’t want to think about a TvC2 at this point, since it still hasn’t even been a year since it got released to the world… but there are a few things I’d like to see in TvC2 in the year 2014. =P

I want Phoenix Wright. He isn’t going to be in MvC3, that makes me sad.

Giants need to be reworked. Given what I saw at EVO, it isn’t entertaining to watch. Very few people played fun/entertaining Gaint matches. I think the EVO final matches were proof of how lackluster they can be. But they do give a twist to the VS series, and it still has potential for improvement. Tweaking the balance though sounds difficult. Maybe chip damage w/o red life would help (I wish.)?

I’d like to see some new gameplay mechanics. Don’t know what, but something should be added to create more attack options and stuff.

MegaCrash/anti Megacrash measures need to be adjusted. There is the Megacrash bait method, which gives another reason for the red life(counter an opponent’s Megacrash after you Megacrash), but this method requires a high level of prediction ability. In a 10+ hit combo, that makes bad odds.

Signed & signed

If we could get TvC2, it would compete quite well with MvC3. MvC3 would be like MvC2 while TvC2 would be like XvSF, MSvSF, and MvC1.

EDIT: It should also be released on Xbox 360 and PS3 to gain a bigger audience.

They should add 10-15 more characters, add pickable assist, and that’s it.

I like the 2v2 format. It’s a good format for vs. games like this. I really hope it gets made, I don’t even care if the models are reused.

i just want some haggar, strider, capcom, and Pizza Cats

I really am like, not hype for MvC3. I mean I walked by an MvC3 setup the sunday of evo and no one was there because I got there first and I seriously just walked past that shit. When I heard not everyone could airdash, I said “yep, fuck that noise.”

That and I really like the tatsunoko characters.

^ditto. i really like all the tats characters even though i didn’t know much about them before this game. i play way more of them than capcom guys.

Seth better not nerf Blade that much and his crash interlude is punishable by attacks so it is not super good, just fast. Blade has no reason to be nerfed hard. This is a reply to an older post haha.

They need to fix Baselard so that it doesn’t have the animation against the giants. Seriously, I feel so bad every time I have to subject a giant player against it. As if his full screen dash isn’t enough for them to handle.

Nope. They need to nerf Blade hard. He needs to be slower, weaker, longer recovery times, longer dash startup. It would be perfect.

Of course I’m just kidding, but that Crash Interlude should be adjusted though. It feels like I don’t get enough time to do something after blocking it.

Yeah you do but the punish window is small but you can.

Actually it’s not too hard in most situations. It only hits once, so even if he’s still glowing, you can hit him as long as you’ve already blocked the hit. So essentially, the punish window depends on how far away he hits you from.

Playing as Lightan for example vs. Blade is ridiculous though, he can just do that again and again and basically avoid any consequence. I guess that’s why you just shouldn’t play giants though, so whatever.