Force of Three- The Nova Teambuilding Thread

The Human Rocket has returned and is looking for teammates. Anybody wanting to use Nova in a team should stop here to discuss strategies and other ideas. This will be updated once I obtain the guide and the game drops.

ASSISTS

A - Gravimetric Pulse

[details=Spoiler]**What Is It?: **Nova uses the :h: version of his Gravimetric Pulse to put up a small shield that negates physical and special attacks. It gains more durability depending on how much red life Nova sacrifices to use it.

Why Use It?: Coming Soon

Technical Info: Coming Soon[/details]

B - Centurion Rush

[details=Spoiler]**What Is It?: **Perfoming the :m: version of Centurion Rush, Nova jumps up and divekicks down towards the opponent. If they are airborne, it will put the opponent in a ground-bounce state. This assist does indeed hit overhead!

Why Use It?: Coming Soon

**Technical Info: **Coming Soon[/details]

Y - Nova Strike

[details=Spoiler]**What Is It?: **Lunging forward with the :m: version of his Nova Strike, Nova puts them in a wall-bounce state.

**Why Use It?: **Coming Soon

Technical Info: Coming Soon[/details]

===============================
GOOD ASSISTS FOR NOVA
Underlined Assists are Recommended

Projectiles/Beams

Spoiler

Coming Soon!

Low Hitting

Spoiler

Coming Soon!

Anti-Airs

Spoiler

Coming Soon!

DHCs and THCs

Gravimetric Blaster

[details=Spoiler]**What Is It?: **This hyper has Nova firing a beam of energy that changes in damage and size depending on how much red life he has. All red life will be removed after usage and it can be mashed for more hits (Air OK).

DHC Potential: Coming Soon[/details]

Super Nova

[details=Spoiler]What Is It?: A large ball of energy surrounds Nova, much a kin to Super Skrull’s Inferno hyper. It can be mashed for more hits. (Air OK).

High Speed Tackle

[details=Spoiler]What Is It?: Nova charges forward and tackles the opponent up to three times. The direction he travels can be controlled and he is projectile invincible during the hyper.

If you plan on creating a team, please fill out the following questionnaire first.

Questionaire

[details=Spoiler]
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Newcomer’s Team Assessment Questionnaire

1. Who characters and teams will you use (in order of selection)?

2. What type of game-play strategy are you pursuing with this team? (Explain)

3. What advantages does your point (first selected) character have?

What disadvantages does your point character have?

What maneuverability options does your point character have?

How will your assists aid your point character?

1. What advantages does your secondary character have?

What disadvantages does your secondary character have?

What maneuverability options does your secondary character have?

How will your assists aid your secondary character?

1. What advantages does your last character have?

What disadvantages does your secondary character have?

What maneuverability options does your last character have?

How will your assists aid your last character?

1. What kind of Delayed Hyper Combo opportunities do you think your team will have?

2. What type of impact will your Team Hyper Combo have on your opponent (Explain)?

3. What are some of the weaknesses of your team?

4. After filling out this questionnaire, are you still comfortable with your team?[/details]

This isn’t necessary for regular questions.

I’m going to use Stider (Y H Vajra), Doctor Doom (A L Plasma Beam) and Nova (Y L Nova Strike). I hope I can created unblockables with the Nova Strike and Vajra assists.

Nova not sure which assist/skrull orbital grudge/doom hidden missiles or plasma beam is going to be gdlke.

Personally, I like the idea of using the Gravimetric Pulse here. The only way the opponent can get around it is jumping, Skrull has that killer AA command grab, plus Doom is really great in the skies.

I am running Skrull/Rocket/Nova as my secondary Day 1 team … Going to also run a Thor/Nova team the two of them will terrorize the skies.

Looks like skrull and nova are going to be together for a few people. I’m planning to use nova with gravimetric pulse as anchor, and skrull. The other details have yet to be decided.

The pulse assist seems like it’ll have lots of uses for incoming character mixups, resets, and also as defense for/from zoning. I hope that isn’t just wishful thinking.

I plan on using Chris(Machine Gun)/Hawkeye(Scatter Shot)/Nova (Gravemetric Pulse H). If I feel Nova might serve better early on, I can switch him and Hawkeye so Nova can use all the meter Chris has built up while playing super gay keepaway with scatter shot and gravemetric pulse/energy javelin.

I’m gonna run Thor/Strange/Nova as my day one main team. At first, I was pretty much set on that order because with Strange’s bolts, Thor would do fine getting in, and having Nova and Thor on the same team would be like a dream come true for me. As of right now, though, I’m starting to theory out some structure. One of Nova’s Human Rocket Punch assist causes a wall bounce, so I’m trying to imagine how well combos would be with the other two. Then I got to thinking about how his Centurion Rush would work too. There seems to be a lotta love for the Pulse as an assist, but I still don’t think I’m sold on it, so over all I’m not sure if any of his assists will help me get the most out of this team. Time will tell of course, but I’m starting to think Nova would work best starting off as point man, but his tools just scream anchor material to me. Just a few more days. Just a few more days.

Nova/Frank West/Vergil is what I’ll be trying on day one. A THC with Nova and Vergil should get me enough hits to gain instant Level 5 Frank.

Ryu/Frank/Nova is what I am going to test Day1
Shopping cart/Tatsu/Nova Strike

right now I’m doing Nova and the assist that works wonders with him is Dr. Stranges Bolts of balthak. You call that assist and you air dash over them with H attack and it is an overhead cross up. I’m hitting everyone with it also novas air dash is super fast… this guy is good.

Nova doesn’t need assists. :rock:

Currently planning on Nova/task/Spencer team. Still deciding if I w ant to use task first so I can make best use of his assist or if I am going to want Nova first so he can get tasks assist to help him get in. One thing I.have been thinking of is how to use spencers horizontal grapple assist so I can avoid the high scaling of novas air S.

Will be sporting Nova/Wesker/Iron Man. Don’t know how that synergy would work out but so far Iron Man’s beam assist does wonders for Nova trying to get in, unblockable set-up with Wesker’s OTG assist definitely helps as well.

yeah, any beam assist and he can get in pretty well… his air dash + H is godlike when paired up with a beam… I’m using Dr. Stranges bolts of balthak atm and love it.

That also is good because the opponent has to duck to avoid the bolts, therefore you could score a quick overhead.

So it’s agreed that any beam or projectile will help Nova, any other assists that Nova could benefit from?

Have in mind

Nova/Ammy/?
or
Nova/ ? /Ammy

Any ideas/opinions?

I plan on using the exact same except having the shield assist for Nova. I like the thought of Nova as an anchor versus Hawkeye. However, this may change once I get to play it.

Cold star assist is good for applying pressure and keep away so it should be great for nova who can do both, also iron man unibeam assist could be really good too but this is all theory fighter at this point.

Low hitting assist. The combination of Nova+Wesker is just retardedly good(unblockables, setups, resets, etc). DHC’s work well, and Wesker gets a free power-up every time. Add the beam assist in, and you have a VERY strong setup.

Nova/Wesker/Doom is what I’m planning to run currently.